18 Republicans vote against resolution to support Finland & Sweden joining NATO

Because they are remnants of the isolationist side of the Republican Party and probably want us to withdraw from NATO altogether?

I don't know. You could email that question to the office of each of those republicans. They might have some legitimate reasons.....maybe not.

Last edited:
Why would an American vote against a resolution to support Finland & Sweden joining NATO?

The Parties have flipped. The Dims are now the Neo-Cons funding wars and looking for wars (i.e. See Ukraine). The GOP wants to stay out of wars and foreign involvement. This is much like how the Dims are now the Party of Elitists and Wall Street hedge fund douchebags and the GOP is the Party of the Working Man.

Funny how things change, isn't it? :D

America voting to support Sweden and Finland in their bid to become NATO members is basically just poking the Russian bear with a stick. Especially egregious to the Russians is Finland's bid because they share a border with Russia.
Stopping the bordering country of Ukraine from becoming a NATO member with nukes is one of the main reasons Putin invaded that country.
All this is doing is ramping up the U.S. to engage in a new Cold War with Russia, and quite possibly a nuclear war in the future.

Last edited:
The Parties have flipped. The Dims are now the Neo-Cons funding wars and looking for wars (i.e. See Ukraine). The GOP wants to stay out of wars and foreign involvement. This is much like how the Dims are now the Party of Elitists and Wall Street hedge fund douchebags and the GOP is the Party of the Working Man.

Funny how things change, isn't it? :D

One thing that stayed the same, though; the Dems are still the party of the KKK.

Why would an American vote against a resolution to support Finland & Sweden joining NATO?

What the hell is "American" about NATO? The problem with NATO Commie is that 90% of the money all comes from US. So, how much do you think Finland and Sweden would ever spend on OUR defense?

That's right Ace, adding these countries to NATO only represents a greater burden for the USA and the likelihood that we are caught up in it.

You may return now to sticking your fork in the wall outlet. 🤯

Forum List

Back