18 year old charged with sex with 14 year old.

i would not let my 18 year old date a 14 year old.

Ever heard of Romeo and Juliet? Sometimes it's not such a good idea to interfere with love.

My sister started dating her husband when she was 15 years old. He's four years older than she is. They got married when she was 18.

They've been together 40 years now, married for 37 years.

Yup. My friend and his wife started dating in high school, and are the same age apart( 3 years) as this story.

Its sad that the 14 year olds parents felt the need to destroy this other girls life instead of simply going to her parents and handling it as a private matter.

Not to mention what they've done to their own daughters life.

My husand is 12 years younger than I am. When we met he was 25 and I was 37. Luckily we didn't meet a decade earlier, I would have been a criminal. Even though he was the one doing the pursuing. : )

We've been together for 23 years now, married for 15.

Luckily, I look much younger than my actual age. : ) Not that he cares, but I do! : )

They taught her that it's illegal to prey upon children younger than herself.

Horrors.

Warn your children that they will be prosecuted. I remember many relationships like this when I was in school. Its a different world in high school and these kids tend to see each other as the same. By the law they are not. The strange twist on this case is that both of these teens are girls. 16 is the age of consent in most cases.

Teen charged for sex with girl, 14 - CNN.com Video

I don't know where you grew up, but in my world, an 18 year old having sex with a 14 year was absolutely not okay. Ever hear of jail bait? Not to mentiion a 14 year old is a child and shouldn't be having sex at all.

No they should not be having sex but these type of things happen and the participants don't know it is against the law. I promise you that the high school were you are has couples like this. I'm not even saying it is right but that awareness is the only way to stop it. Tell them you will go to jail.

Zarius if you were there to shout at them, you could have prevented this.

My husand is 12 years younger than I am. When we met he was 25 and I was 37. Luckily we didn't meet a decade earlier, I would have been a criminal. Even though he was the one doing the pursuing. : )

Luckily, I look much younger than my actual age. : ) Not that he cares, but I do! : )

Yeah, so you're admitting you would have sex with a child if you felt so compelled.

This thread perfectly illuminates what I've said all along about progressives.

I don't see it as admitting someone 37 having a relationship with someone 25 admitting they would have sex with a child. Now if it was someone 24 admitting to a relationship with a 12 year old, that's different.

Two friends of mine recently married. He is 51. She is 30. I would hardly say he would have sex with an infant. Or at that age difference, before she was even born!

I know what heartache and problems they will be facing, but they are so happy now I couldn't bear to mention it.

If you met your husband a decade earlier you would have been 27 and he would have been 15, you would have been two totally different people than when you met and fall in love.

Yeah, so you're admitting you would have sex with a child if you felt so compelled.

This thread perfectly illuminates what I've said all along about progressives.

I don't see it as admitting someone 37 having a relationship with someone 25 admitting they would have sex with a child. Now if it was someone 24 admitting to a relationship with a 12 year old, that's different.

Two friends of mine recently married. He is 51. She is 30. I would hardly say he would have sex with an infant. Or at that age difference, before she was even born!

I know what heartache and problems they will be facing, but they are so happy now I couldn't bear to mention it.

He's 51 and he pulled a 30 year old? he must be a player.:cool:

. The two had a consenting relationship that began soon after Kaitlyn Hunt turned 18,

According to an arrest affidavit obtained by WTSP, Kaitlyn and her girlfriend began dating in November 2012. The victim reportedly told police they began a sexual relationship and according to the report, the victim was 14 and Kaitlyn was 18.

Does that say it began before Hunt turned 18? No. Did the victim say it was no more than kissing? No. The victim said it was a sexual relationship. And, also told the police that Hunt was 18.

Homosexuals support child molestation. That's the only conclusion.

So basically they did have sex and the girl was already 18 when they started?

That's about it. The parents recorded a telephone conversation where the girls were discussing kissing in the bathroom at school. That's what gays are hanging onto saying that the relationship never went beyond kissing.

The whole thing, to quote another poster, is a "denial of reality".

According to the article you posted it was that telephone conversation that led to her arrest.

So Amy, Luissa and bodey, Is it OK for a 18 year old to have sex with a 14 year old. Yes or No?

When I was young, a 14 year old boy having sex with an 18 year old girl was termed "one lucky little bastard."

This crap is absurd.

I'm going to be realistic - which some lefties will call sexist.

14 year old boy with 18 year old girl - lucky little shit.

14 year old girl with 18 year old boy - Statutory rape.

So Amy, Luissa and bodey, Is it OK for a 18 year old to have sex with a 14 year old. Yes or No?

When I was young, a 14 year old boy having sex with an 18 year old girl was termed "one lucky little bastard."

This crap is absurd.

I'm going to be realistic - which some lefties will call sexist.

14 year old boy with 18 year old girl - lucky little shit.

14 year old girl with 18 year old boy - Statutory rape.

Which do you feel is correct?

So basically they did have sex and the girl was already 18 when they started?

That's about it. The parents recorded a telephone conversation where the girls were discussing kissing in the bathroom at school. That's what gays are hanging onto saying that the relationship never went beyond kissing.

According to the article you posted it was that telephone conversation that led to her arrest.

So your complaint is that there was evidence that a crime had been committed? The parents should have ignored that, covered up the crime and let their daughter be victimized because the victimizer is a lesbian.

If you are of the belief that this behavior is acceptable...that's your opinion, and chances are nothing said here is going to change it.

If I believe this is unacceptable...that is my opinion, and I doubt any opinion based argument is going to sway my feeling.

What we are left with is the law.

The law clearly states this is a crime, regardless of the sex of the perpetrator or the victim.

The gay community is all about equality...well here it is, large as life.

A lesbian is being charged with the same crime a hetero would be charge with under the same circumstances.

Rejoice.

And if sex was involved, she SHOULD be charged accordingly....I agree. But, as you can see, there seems to be some vagueness in that regard.

I think reasonable people would agree that if this turns out to be a case of kissing and nothing more, this girl should never have been arrested or charged with any crime.

That is certainly my opinion.

And I also concur that if sex was involved, the filing of charges is unobjectionable.

Last edited:

So your complaint is that there was evidence that a crime had been committed? The parents should have ignored that, covered up the crime and let their daughter be victimized because the victimizer is a lesbian.

My complaint is 2 high school students engaging in "sexual contact" whther it was kissing and groping in the bathroom or not, shouldn't result in 2 felony charges and 15 years in prison. I have repeatedly said I don't care that they are gay.

The law in Flordia is wrong.

My complaint is 2 high school students engaging in "sexual contact" whther it was kissing and groping in the bathroom or not, shouldn't result in 2 felony charges and 15 years in prison. I have repeatedly said I don't care that they are gay.

The law in Flordia is wrong.

So is an adult victimizing children.

If you are of the belief that this behavior is acceptable...that's your opinion, and chances are nothing said here is going to change it.

If I believe this is unacceptable...that is my opinion, and I doubt any opinion based argument is going to sway my feeling.

What we are left with is the law.

The law clearly states this is a crime, regardless of the sex of the perpetrator or the victim.

The gay community is all about equality...well here it is, large as life.

A lesbian is being charged with the same crime a hetero would be charge with under the same circumstances.

Rejoice.

And if sex was involved, she SHOULD be charged accordingly....I agree. But, as you can see, there seems to be some vagueness in that regard.

I think reasonable people would agree that if this turns out to be a case of kissing and nothing more, this girl should never have been arrested or charged with any crime.

That is certainly my opinion.

And I also concur that if sex was involved, the filing of charges is unobjectionable.
While it may be their right to file, I still think it was a terrible idea. Instead of keeping it a private matter, they choose to take their 14 year old daughters sexual preference public. While nationally her identity may not be public, I'm sure everyone in her community knows.

Now she has to deal with the fact that her girlfriend is facing 15 years in jail, a trial where she may he forced to testify, issues with her parents, issues with peers at school, and all those in her community who know.

Forum List

Back