18 year old charged with sex with 14 year old.

So your complaint is that there was evidence that a crime had been committed? The parents should have ignored that, covered up the crime and let their daughter be victimized because the victimizer is a lesbian.

My complaint is 2 high school students engaging in "sexual contact" whther it was kissing and groping in the bathroom or not, shouldn't result in 2 felony charges and 15 years in prison. I have repeatedly said I don't care that they are gay.

The law in Flordia is wrong.

So is an adult victimizing children.

Get over it. They were on the same basketball team, had the same friends and her parents didnt do anything for months. When they couldn't get her kicked out of school they went to the cops. They also never once talked to Kaitlyn's parents. Try remembering this girl was a high school who didn't know any better. They should have contacted her parents and acted like adults and parents before seeking revenge.
The 15 year old's parents are the ones victimizing someone, not a high school girl.

According to the article you posted it was that telephone conversation that led to her arrest.

So your complaint is that there was evidence that a crime had been committed? The parents should have ignored that, covered up the crime and let their daughter be victimized because the victimizer is a lesbian.

My complaint is 2 high school students engaging in "sexual contact" whther it was kissing and groping in the bathroom or not, shouldn't result in 2 felony charges and 15 years in prison. I have repeatedly said I don't care that they are gay.

And you're advocating felony sex abuse.

Get over it. They were on the same basketball team, had the same friends and her parents didnt do anything for months. When they couldn't get her kicked out of school they went to the cops. They also never once talked to Kaitlyn's parents. Try remembering this girl was a high school who didn't know any better. They should have contacted her parents and acted like adults and parents before seeking revenge.
The 15 year old's parents are the ones victimizing someone, not a high school girl.

You know all this how, exactly?

Have you spoken with the parents?

The DA?

The child involved? No?

Moron.

The DA?

The child involved? No?

Moron.

Go away, spread your hate elsewhere. I am sick of it.

I am a proponent of close in age exemption laws. If your going to house 14-18 year olds in the same school, let them play on the same teams and take the same classes, it is grossly unfair to expect that they wont date. In the state Im from this girl would have fallen under our close in age exemption and never been charged with a crime.

And you're advocating felony sex abuse.

LEGALIZATION of sex abuse so that it's no longer a felony.

The DA?

The child involved? No?

Moron.

There are a few articles out there where her parents give their side. Instead of being hateful, I looked up about ten different articles on it. Instead of passing judgment and being homophobic I looked up more than just one article on it.
And instead of being hateful I realized the girl is in high school.

Plus I think it is been stated about a hundred times their relationship started in the fall, and she was turned in in February. It doesn't take a genius to realize they didnt turn her in for a few months.

Plus I think it is been stated about a hundred times their relationship started in the fall, and she was turned in in February. It doesn't take a genius to realize they didnt turn her in for a few months.

I'm not sure about that. I've read articles that say they only found out when they recieved a phone call from the basketball coach.

However, everything I've read says they went to the police, a judge to force her out of school, and then the school board but never attempted to discuss anything with the other girls parents.

The DA?

The child involved? No?

Moron.

There are a few articles out there where her parents give their side. Instead of being hateful, I looked up about ten different articles on it. Instead of passing judgment and being homophobic I looked up more than just one article on it.

In other words..no, you haven't spoken with the parents, no, you haven't spoken with the DA, no you haven't spoken to the child.

So you really don't know what happened. But you know a dyke had a sexual relationship with a kid, and decided that would be a good thing to take a stand for. Thank you.

The DA?

The child involved? No?

Moron.

In other words..no, you haven't spoken with the parents, no, you haven't spoken with the DA, no you haven't spoken to the child.

So you really don't know what happened. Thank you.

Go away.

And if sex was involved, she SHOULD be charged accordingly....I agree. But, as you can see, there seems to be some vagueness in that regard.

I think reasonable people would agree that if this turns out to be a case of kissing and nothing more, this girl should never have been arrested or charged with any crime.

That is certainly my opinion.

And I also concur that if sex was involved, the filing of charges is unobjectionable.
While it may be their right to file, I still think it was a terrible idea. Instead of keeping it a private matter, they choose to take their 14 year old daughters sexual preference public. While nationally her identity may not be public, I'm sure everyone in her community knows.

Now she has to deal with the fact that her girlfriend is facing 15 years in jail, a trial where she may he forced to testify, issues with her parents, issues with peers at school, and all those in her community who know.

I could think of many crimes a school age girl could be a victim that the reporting of may have the side-effect of stigmatization...

Do you believe in those cases that stigmatization should be the determining factor in reporting a crime?

According to the article you posted it was that telephone conversation that led to her arrest.

The number of years in age between the two comes into play in some states. If it is more than 3, then it counts as statutory rape. Less than that, it is just sex between two teens. But the fact remains that there is a dividing line between being a child and being an adult. And that line is 18. Still, if there are only a few months difference and the relationship has been of some duration, the courts will not hear the case. Waiting until one party turns 18 so charges can be pressed has been tried many times in the past. But, if the law holds an 18 year old man accountable in this, then it should also hold an 18 year old woman accountable. We all know that women get of far easier in stuff like this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back