18 year old charged with sex with 14 year old.

Actually penalties for teenagers having sex with one another should be increased. And, not be limited to criminal penalties either. There should be other consequences, like being thrown out by their families, ostracized, expelled from school. Criminal penalties should be the least of their problems.

Can ANYONE find a case where an 18 year old Senior male in High School was charged with two Felony counts and expelled from school right before Graduation for a relationship (that both parents were aware of) with a 14-15 year old Fresman?

The girl isn't charged with a felony for a relationship.

She's charged for sex abuse/rape. There's a difference, though not in the mind of predatory dykes, I imagine.

I am still waiting to find if sex was involved or just dating. Not seeing it clarified in any news articles I've seen.

Yes, I'm sure they charged the 18 year old predatory dyke with "felony dating".

I don't believe so Amy...my understanding of R & J laws is, the age of consent is set by law, the minor cannot legally consent...but that there is a lessor penalty imposed in cases that would only be considered statutory rape because of the fact that...in the eyes of the law...the minor cannot legally consent.

Florida's Romeo and Juliet Law could be used in Kaitlyn Hunt case, removes sex offender status

I've had this argument before, and really it's a matter of semantics IMO. They "can't consent" however, the law protects their partner from most criminal action for engaging in sex with them.

I believe the FL law is one of the most strict, as unlike most states it does still allow some from of punishment, it all depends on the judge.

I see what you are saying, but this is not a distinction without a difference...as you said, a minor cannot consent.

In Florida, you are correct.

On reviewing the law, I'm actually surprised how its written. It doesn't go far enough in protecting kids, IMO. Allowing for any punishment is too much.

Can ANYONE find a case where an 18 year old Senior male in High School was charged with two Felony counts and expelled from school right before Graduation for a relationship (that both parents were aware of) with a 14-15 year old Fresman?

She's charged for sex abuse/rape. There's a difference, though not in the mind of predatory dykes, I imagine.

I am still waiting to find if sex was involved or just dating. Not seeing it clarified in any news articles I've seen.
I'm not sure how the state can prove any sexual acts went on.

I don't have the stats on statutory rape convictions, do you? I am quite sure that I could find hundreds of convictions of males 18-21 for having sex with 14 year old girls (or boys). How about the female teachers that have been convicted for sex with their students?

As I said, I think this case got media attention because it was a lesbian corrupting a 14 year old girl. you can make whatever you want of that.

Try again, Fishy. High school senior with freshman charged with two felony counts and expelled for consensual relationship that both parents were aware of. On case Fishy...go!

Tell the truth for once. Just once.

As soon as the 14 year old's parents found out their daughter was being molested they went to the police and the school board and started legal action against their daughter's rapist.

Actually....in the accounts I've read so far, they've been going together since the older girl was 17 and the parents WAITED til she was 18 to get charges filed.

I'm not sure how the state can prove any sexual acts went on.

In this particular case, the state doesn't have to prove anything. The parties admitted to the acts. The adult just claimed a right to commit those acts.

Try again, Fishy. High school senior with freshman charged with two felony counts and expelled for consensual relationship that both parents were aware of. On case Fishy...go!

As soon as the 14 year old's parents found out their daughter was being molested they went to the police and the school board and started legal action against their daughter's rapist.

Actually....in the accounts I've read so far, they've been going together since the older girl was 17 and the parents WAITED til she was 18 to get charges filed.

Which accounts would those be?

There really should be an investigation to see if this woman molested any other children.

ROFL beyond stupid

Teenagers should not be criminals for having sex with eachother

When one is an ADULT in teen years and the other is barely in their teen years.. Yes, they should be charged for statutory rape

Teenagers have experimented sexually for 100,000 years

It should not be a crime

Slavery was done for thousands of years too.. I guess according to your criteria, it should not be a crime either

As stated, you moron, there is a HUGE difference between 14 and 19... and we legally consider someone 18 and over an ADULT.. and adults are not permitted to have sex with children...

Probably because they could not talk their daughter out of dating the older person. So they waited until there was something they could do about it. IMO they have a perfect right to try to keep their child from being sexually involved with someone that much older. The girl is only 14. Doesn't anyone have a 14 year old child? Don't you realize how young that is? She should not be involved in a sexual relationship, especially with someone so much older. At that age, 3 or 4 years is a lot. It's not like after 20 and a few years don't mean much. At 14 one or two years is a lot. The older person is taking advantage of the younger one.

Yup, that's what I'm reading as well, it started when they were 14 and 17 and when the older girl turned 18, the 15 year olds parents went to the police.

Warn your children that they will be prosecuted. I remember many relationships like this when I was in school. Its a different world in high school and these kids tend to see each other as the same. By the law they are not. The strange twist on this case is that both of these teens are girls. 16 is the age of consent in most cases.

Teen charged for sex with girl, 14 - CNN.com Video

If the accused were a male and the "victim" a female I doubt this would generate as much discussion.

There have also been far less egregious cases than 18 vs. 14

In Georgia, for example, a 17-year-old was sentenced to 10 years in prison for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old. He spent two years of that sentence in prison until the Georgia Supreme Court ruled the punishment “grossly disproportionate" to the crime and set him free.
Statutory Rape - Teens, Sex and Statutory Rape Laws

18 v 14 is kinda pushing the boundaries of moral good sense IMO, though its hard to justify that it should be the crime of rape.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back