18 year old charged with sex with 14 year old.

Last edited:
This is why my kids don't get to date until they're in college, aside from isolated dates for homecoming, prom, etc.

My ten year old told me that her 9 year old friend is allowed to "date". It's crazy.

I think kids these days put too much emphasis on "dating" and not enough on their school work.

Warn your children that they will be prosecuted. I remember many relationships like this when I was in school. Its a different world in high school and these kids tend to see each other as the same. By the law they are not. The strange twist on this case is that both of these teens are girls. 16 is the age of consent in most cases.

Teen charged for sex with girl, 14 - CNN.com Video

When I was 18 in HS (senior), my GF was 16 (soph), under this law I would have been prosecuted for consenual statutory rape! But doing away with statutory rape laws is bad slippery slope. What about a 20 year old college student with a 14 yr 8th grader?

This is why my kids don't get to date until they're in college, aside from isolated dates for homecoming, prom, etc.

My ten year old told me that her 9 year old friend is allowed to "date". It's crazy.

I think kids these days put too much emphasis on "dating" and not enough on their school work.

No doubt! That dynamic has changed decades ago! It used to be kids would travel long distances to get to school and cherished learning, now they see it as a burden to get through in order to have fun later.

Warn your children that they will be prosecuted. I remember many relationships like this when I was in school. Its a different world in high school and these kids tend to see each other as the same. By the law they are not. The strange twist on this case is that both of these teens are girls. 16 is the age of consent in most cases.

Teen charged for sex with girl, 14 - CNN.com Video

When I was 18 in HS (senior), my GF was 16 (soph), under this law I would have been prosecuted for consenual statutory rape! But doing away with statutory rape laws is bad slippery slope. What about a 20 year old college student with a 14 yr 8th grader?

Thats not ok.

No doubt! That dynamic has changed decades ago! It used to be kids would travel long distances to get to school and cherished learning, now they see it as a burden to get through in order to have fun later.

And "dating" someone meant just that, dating. It didn't mean having sex but thats basically what "dating" is now for teens, having sex.

If they were muslims that would be fine.

Or hispanics, that would be fine too.

have to disagree with you there. the hispanics that I know are very strict in who their kids date and have very strong moral and religious beliefs.

Why is it that so many times, it is a hispanic man that rapes a child. I can't really blame them completely. They also believe that they did nothing wrong.

Or hispanics, that would be fine too.

have to disagree with you there. the hispanics that I know are very strict in who their kids date and have very strong moral and religious beliefs.

Why is it that so many times, it is a hispanic man that rapes a child. I can't really blame them completely. They also believe that they did nothing wrong.

Because in Mexico the legal age for sex is like 13, they don't change that mentality when they come here. In Mexico a man having sex with a 14 year old girl is perfectly fine.

Because in Mexico the legal age for sex is like 13, they don't change that mentality when they come here. In Mexico a man having sex with a 14 year old girl is perfectly fine.

Not quite. Federal age of consent is 12, though it is higher in some states (13 or 14). However: if the child is under 18, sex through seduction or deceit (such as promising marriage) is a crime and "Corruption of persons under 18" is also a crime. Corruption of a minor charges are usually not initiatied by the police though, but rather from a complaint (usually by the parents).

Viirginia and some other states are similar...in Virginia, the age of consent is 15, but anyone 18 or older having sex with someone age 15-17 is guilty of "leading to the delinquincy of a minor," a misdemeanor offense.

Yes or no, Senior boys date Freshman girls. How many of them are brought up on Felony charges and are expelled from school right before graduation? Think about that and answer, Fishy.

I don't have the stats on statutory rape convictions, do you? I am quite sure that I could find hundreds of convictions of males 18-21 for having sex with 14 year old girls (or boys). How about the female teachers that have been convicted for sex with their students?

As I said, I think this case got media attention because it was a lesbian corrupting a 14 year old girl. you can make whatever you want of that.

Try again, Fishy. High school senior with freshman charged with two felony counts and expelled for consensual relationship that both parents were aware of. On case Fishy...go!

By law, a 14 year old cannot consent to sexual contact.

This is where your argument falls down.

P.S. - it took me 8 seconds to find plenty of 18 year old males charged with similar crimes.
A Simley High School senior has been charged with statutory rape after police say he had an ongoing sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl this summer.

George Michael Knowlton, 18, faces a felony charge of third-degree criminal sexual conduct, which carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

UPDATED: Simley Senior Charged with Statutory Rape of a 14-Year-Old Girl - Inver Grove Heights, MN Patch

Cristo Easter, 18, of Grove Street was arrested at his home on May 10 on an outstanding warrant, according to Middletown police.

Easter was charged with second-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor and held on a $50,000 cash or surety bond, police said. His first scheduled court appointment was Monday.

Easter faces charges of second-degree sexual assault — statutory rape — and risk of injury to a child. Second-degree sexual assault carries a mandatory nine-month minimum jail sentence. It is considered a Class B felony if the victim is under age 16.

Middletown man facing statutory rape charges - The Middletown Press : Serving Middletown, CT

Looks like seawytch got her lesbo feelings hurt and left the debate, bodey is prolly comforting her now.

By law, a 14 year old cannot consent to sexual contact.

That depends on the law. In Virginia the law is that under 13 is rape and there cannot be consent. But sex with a 13 or 14 year old is "carnal knowledge of a child" if it's consensual (non-consenual is rape). It's still a felony (Class 4 if the accused is 18+, Class 6 if under 18 but at least 3 years older), unless the accused is a minor less than 3 years older, in which case it's a misdemeanor.

And in Missouri, 1st degree Statutory rape is sex with someone under 14. 2nd degree is sex with someone under 17 if you are 21 or older.

Last edited:
14 year olds can consent to sex, just not with someone the law recognizes as an adult. See, Romeo and Juliet laws.

I don't believe so Amy...my understanding of R & J laws is, the age of consent is set by law, the minor cannot legally consent...but that there is a lessor penalty imposed in cases that would only be considered statutory rape because of the fact that...in the eyes of the law...the minor cannot legally consent.

Last edited:
14 year olds can consent to sex, just not with someone the law recognizes as an adult. See, Romeo and Juliet laws.

I don't believe so Amy...my understanding of R & J laws is, the age of consent is set by law, the minor cannot legally consent...but that there is a lessor penalty imposed in cases that would only be considered statutory rape because of the fact that...in the eyes of the law...the minor cannot legally consent.

Florida's Romeo and Juliet Law could be used in Kaitlyn Hunt case, removes sex offender status

I've had this argument before, and really it's a matter of semantics IMO. They "can't consent" however, the law protects their partner from most criminal action for engaging in sex with them.

I believe the FL law is one of the most strict, as unlike most states it does still allow some from of punishment, it all depends on the judge.

Florida's Romeo and Juliet Law could be used in Kaitlyn Hunt case, removes sex offender status

I've had this argument before, and really it's a matter of semantics IMO. They "can't consent" however, the law protects their partner from most criminal action for engaging in sex with them.

I believe the FL law is one of the most strict, as unlike most states it does still allow some from of punishment, it all depends on the judge.

I see what you are saying, but this is not a distinction without a difference...as you said, a minor cannot consent.

I see what you are saying, but this is not a distinction without a difference...as you said, a minor cannot consent.

Amy is a stalward defender of sex amongst the younger crowd.

She maintains that school aged kids aren't prosecuted for sex with other kids.

Forum List

Back