1932-1972 Federal Govt Experimented on Blacks By Injections of Syphilis Just to See What Happens

Actually. NO ONE was infected deliberately. Over 300 men already infected entered the study. Also avoided is the fact that the study itself was by al all black college conducted by all black researchers. A control group of 200 was also in the study who were syphilis free.
Yeah... The fact that they were black as well, doesn't really mean anything... They are still dicks. I mean after the study they should have given them the means to get rid of it.

Sure... Black... White... It doesn't matter... There are good people, bad people in both groups. A dick move is a dick move regardless.

He's lying about all black researchers.

You're lying about all white researchers.

Which black doctor participated?

Actually. NO ONE was infected deliberately. Over 300 men already infected entered the study. Also avoided is the fact that the study itself was by al all black college conducted by all black researchers. A control group of 200 was also in the study who were syphilis free.
Yeah... The fact that they were black as well, doesn't really mean anything... They are still dicks. I mean after the study they should have given them the means to get rid of it.

Sure... Black... White... It doesn't matter... There are good people, bad people in both groups. A dick move is a dick move regardless.

It's a trap... Both ways.

The only black person I'm aware of was a nurse, but you can be a researcher that is a nurse. You're both right based on my present knowledge.

It's a trap... Both ways.

The only black person I'm aware of was a nurse, but you can be a research nurse. You're both right based on my present knowledge.

Eh...think about it...this was 1932. White women were fighting hard for rights in the professional world, black women, under both segregation and racial and gender discrimination? Research? Seem unlikely.

It was a black nurse that ran the program.

The study went on for 40 years. The Black researchers at the black college kept the study going long after funding ran out. Why do you suppose educated blacks did this to illiterate black sharecroppers? Because syphilis was a huge problem among blacks. It was very common and very deadly. The knowledge gained was worth the lives of these men. At least to the black researchers at the black college.

Now they blame the government as if there were no black hands in this.

Click on your own link.

I mean after the study they should have given them the means to get rid of it.

After they've had it for a certain amount of time, it causes permanent brain and organ damage.
Too late to be cured.

Tertiary syphilis
About 15% to 30% of people infected with syphilis who don't get treatment will develop complications known as late (tertiary) syphilis. In the late stage, the disease may damage your brain, nerves, eyes, heart, blood vessels, liver, bones and joints. These problems may occur many years after the original, untreated infection.

Syphilis - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
All of the participants were given the choice to be treated with standard treatments or participate in the study. Treatment in those days was with strychnine and extremely poor results plus super unpleasant, most people dropped out of treatment anyway.

The title of the thread is a lie. They did not inject people with syphilis.

True. They just told them they were being treated but didn't.
Nope, that's a lie, too.

That is not entirely true either.

For example, penicillin was first approved for syphillis in 1945.

While informed consent didn't exist at the time, certain populations were considered expendable for the purpose of experimentation. They included those in mental asylums and black people.

Remember: Trust the government and get your shot to protect you from the ChiCom Flu. Really.

Reason #1,872,946 why black people don't trust white people.
There is not 1,872,946 reasons why many black people don't trust white people, there is only one.

Anti-white racism.
Anti-white racism, but don't forget the central role of the New York Times and their co-ethnics, whose favorite phrase throughout history: Let's you and him fight. The whole false narrative of the Tuskegee Airman was first printed by the New York Times in the early 70s. Think of the oceans of hatred that lie has unleashed on the world. The New York Times is Satan. They are our enemy. When will clueless white and black Christians wake up to the evil they are?

Click on your own link.
I did. Which doctor?

Click on your own link.
I did. Which doctor?

1932-1972 Federal Govt Experimented on Blacks By Injections of Syphilis Just to See What Happens | Page 2 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Nope, that's a lie, too.

Your link:
It is possible, of course, to criticize the study on he grounds that its subjects did not give “informed consent.” No one explained the rationale of the study to them, other than to say they had “bad blood” (the euphemism for syphilis at the time), and that their occasional medical examinations had something to do with it. However, as Professor Shweder points out, the concept of “informed consent” did not exist in 1932. It was common for doctors to tell their patients very little, whether they were black or white. Shweder goes on to argue that since there was little harm to the men and some benefit, the Public Health Service would probably have had no shortage of subjects even if it had explained every detail at every stage.

This.. Promotes my stance. Just saying. Just because they didn't do it back then, doesn't mean that it was right. FOR ME, this was wrong of the government, not white people or black people. In my opinion, this is why we should always question the government and surely limit it's power as much as possible.

Ironically, perhaps even depressing, that it's lack of credible information that is the problem both back then, and today.

Not just Blacks. In the late 40's into the 50's the Truman administration experimented on American Servicemen by intentionally exposing them to nuclear detonations. Navy personnel were subjected to lethal radiation doses after they were forced to board ships that survived nuclear bombs and Army personnel were placed dangerously close to nuclear blasts that were so common that they were a tourist attraction in Vegas.

At the beginning of the study, the standard treatment for syphilis was mercury injections, which are about as effective as blood letting or voodoo, and cause a litany of serious health problems including liver and brain damage.

Back then, the cure was much worse than the disease. So actually they were better off not being treated.

Hell, if I had to choose one or the other, I'd rather be injected with syphilis than mercury. The odds that you will suffer health problems from a syphilis infection are very slim and the odds that you will suffer health problems from mercury injections are 100%.

Last edited:
Eh...think about it...this was 1932. White women were fighting hard for rights in the professional world, black women, under both segregation and racial and gender discrimination? Research? Seem unlikely.
Not really... Thinking about it... In 1932 I'd be more likely to trust a learned black woman based on the segregation and racial discrimination than a white anybody if I was black.

It would also be my contention that gender discrimination was lesser in the black community back then. That's a belief though, hardly factual. Back then I think friends and family mean a whole lot more when you don't have anything else.

I absolutely admit that is a thought experiment however.

Nope, that's a lie, too.

That is not entirely true either.

For example, penicillin was first approved for syphillis in 1945.

While informed consent didn't exist at the time, certain populations were considered expendable for the purpose of experimentation. They included those in mental asylums and black people.
So why did the Tuskegee Institute sign off on the program? You know what, people like you are committed to hatred, so don't bother answering. You are going to fan the flames of racial hatred regardless.

Forum List

Back