20 children hospitalized each day with gun injuries

More than Forty Years of Progress for
Child Passenger Protection
A Chronicle of Child Passenger Safety Advances in the USA, 1965-2009

Compiled by Deborah D. Stewart, Editor, Safe Ride News
[email protected]
(updated 2/09)

Note: some dates are approximate and unverified.

1965: Physicians for Automotive Safety formed, pickets NY Auto Show, protests lack of
occupant protection.

1971: Physicians for Automotive Safety publishes first pamphlet on child passenger protection,
"Don't Risk Your Child's Life" (updated frequently to present).

1968: First child restraints designed for crash protection developed by Ford (Tot-Guard) and
General Motors (Love Seat for toddlers). Followed soon thereafter by the GM Infant
Love Seat (first rear-facing only restraint) and the Bobby Mac convertible seat (used
both rear-facing and forward facing).

1971: Action for Child Transportation Safety founded for parent-citizen advocates to promote
child passenger safety (CPS) education and stricter standards for children's car seats
(also called "safety seats" or, most correctly, "child restraint systems" or CRS). (Closed
1982)

1971: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) adopts first federal standard
for child seating systems, FMVSS 213; requirements do not include dynamic (crash)
tests, but did require use of a safety belt to hold the car seat into the vehicle, and a
harness to hold the child in the car seat. Did not cover rear-facing infant restraints or car
beds.

1972: Consumer Reports publishes article showing that most car seats that passed FMVSS 213
could not withstand crash tests.

1970s: Several established child safety seat manufacturers develop products that passed an
informally agreed upon crash-test procedure at 30 mph. Product mix on the market
makes shopping for a protective child restraint confusing. Very few parents actually use
restraints for their children.

1977: First standard for school buses becomes effective; includes body strength, roll-over
protection, seat spacing, padded flexible seatbacks, and higher backs (passenger
"compartmentalization"), but not seat belts.

1978: Physicians for Automotive Safety produces first parent education film about child
passenger safety, "Don't Risk Your Child's Life". (Updated six times to 2004.)
Thirty Years of Progress for Child Passenger Protection 2
1978: First child passenger safety law passed in Tennessee, r

Hey warrior. can you read and comprehend what you don't want to believe?

and none of those impact my consitutional rights. Banning firearms would.

Who said ban?

Background checks= registration= confiscation

No thanks .... We're not interested

-Geaux

and none of those impact my consitutional rights. Banning firearms would.

Who said ban?

-Geaux

in Colorado they are having a hard time

getting the pot heads to "Register" to get medical marijuana

what makes them think that honest gun owners will go along

with a registration confiscation plan to take their guns

Canada had a 90 percent noncompliance rate

and seems to fall in line with early results in Conn

Who said ban?

-Geaux

in Colorado they are having a hard time

getting the pot heads to "Register" to get medical marijuana

what makes them think that honest gun owners will go along

with a registration confiscation plan to take their guns

Canada had a 90 percent noncompliance rate

and seems to fall in line with early results in Conn

I won't register chit

-Geaux

Other than the absurd notion of BANNING ALL GUNS has a liberal introduced anything that makes any sense?

Fingerprints? Is that the big plan? Fingerprints on the handles of the guns. So, what does that do about the 300 million guns that do not have fingerprints that are in circulation right now?

Nothing.

Is a liberal here going to acknowledge there are other factors OTHER THAN THE GUN ITSELF that causes these incidents. Are any of you going to acknowledge that there is a problem with these anti-depressants, or are you simply going to ignore the facts that nearly every incident (involving guns) was committed by someone on an anti-depressant?

Go ahead and ask yourselves why a news outlet like the Clinton News Network would not ever address that possibility. Piers Morgan and his nightly crusade to ban all guns never brings up any other factor. Just the NRA (code word for right white winger) and those law abiding citizens that own guns. That is his whole mission. He actually thinks he is smart. He loves being patted on the back from his lefty friends. He is sure proud of himself, that is for sure. Of course, that network advertises for those pharmaceutical companies. Anyone connecting dots? We are nowhere. You think clanging gongs about something like BANNING ON GUNS is logistically feasible? Left wing dolts. They need that acceptance from each other. They really need it.

Then there are the movies that young people see, and the video games. Lanza and others, as it turned out, spent hours daily for years playing these violent video games. No influence on the ignorant mind at all eh?

Here is Grand Theft Auto 5. Segment called POW, knockout.

Tell me how these games, music, images don't influence young minds.

The kids that shot and killed the baseball player, JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT, said they played these video games daily and they wanted to see what it would be like. Nothing to it? Of course not. Advertising industry spends billions on producing images to influence our behavior. I am sure the millions they spend on endorsing celebrities to push their products is just money wasted, cause they are so stupid.

George Clooney took credit on behalf of Hollywood influencing the world on "the environment" and civil rights. Of course, his types all ring their hands and look the other way when someone says...well what about the gratuitous violence and sex you sell from Hollywood? Hypocrites. All of a sudden it is totally different. The funny thing about all of that is how much more Republicans have actually done for civil rights and the environment as compared to "Hollywood."

***Liberals think they are doing something for the environment cause they spend days at an earth day concert shitting in a field. Aren't they pathetic?**********

The left in this country are such annoying, bloviated hypocrites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really.

Too much of a chance for failure thereby leaving a weapon useless.

And why should I have to jump through hoops because some idiot doesn't do right by his kids?

Jump through hoops? Geez, you just put your thumb on the bottom of the handle, and all kids would be safe. You could even store your gun with the ammo in it, since it would need a scan to work anyways, making it faster to shoot an intruder or commit suicide or whatever.

And what happens when the scanner doesn't work? Or you happen to be wearing gloves in the winter?

Sorry That's like telling me I have to have child seats in my car when I don't have kids.

If you are a parent and you want to put trigger locks and scanners on your weapons feel free. There is no meed to force others to do so.

Just like all cars have seat belts. So you wouldn't want to do something simple to protect children from accidental shootings? Fuck, what a moron you are. :cuckoo:

Jump through hoops? Geez, you just put your thumb on the bottom of the handle, and all kids would be safe. You could even store your gun with the ammo in it, since it would need a scan to work anyways, making it faster to shoot an intruder or commit suicide or whatever.

And what happens when the scanner doesn't work? Or you happen to be wearing gloves in the winter?

Sorry That's like telling me I have to have child seats in my car when I don't have kids.

If you are a parent and you want to put trigger locks and scanners on your weapons feel free. There is no meed to force others to do so.

Just like all cars have seat belts. So you wouldn't want to do something simple to protect children from accidental shootings? Fuck, what a moron you are. :cuckoo:

We already have them... They're called safes. BTW- I am doing something 'simple' to protect children... MY children..... My kids are way more likely to be harmed by an attacker than by a gun in our home

it's all about priorities

-Geaux

We already have them... They're called safes. BTW- I am doing something 'simple' to protect children... MY children..... My kids are way more likely to be harmed by an attacker than by a gun in our home

-Geaux
So how long does it take you to open your safe and load your weapon? A fingerprint scanner is way faster. Btw, 20 kids A DAY! Are being hurt by guns, meaning the safes obviously aren't working. That all you got to protect children. Man, you're a fucking moron.

-Geaux
So how long does it take you to open your safe and load your weapon? A fingerprint scanner is way faster. Btw, 20 kids A DAY! Are being hurt by guns, meaning the safes obviously aren't working. That all you got to protect children. Man, you're a fucking moron.

More people die wearing seat belts everyday. The number you quote, if true, is a statistical outlier not worthy of data points requiring corrective action

BTW- Who said I keep unloaded firearms in a safe?
-Geaux

Last edited:

-Geaux

More people die wearing seat belts everyday. The number you quote, if true, is a statistical outlier not worthy of data points requiring corrective action

-Geaux
Got a link to your seatbelt deaths? No? Why does that not surprise me?

A fingerprint scanner would work, just admit it and move on.

-Geaux
Got a link to your seatbelt deaths? No? Why does that not surprise me?

You are adding an electrical component to a mechanical device, and placing anyone who has one at a disadvantage compared to a criminal who will probably not follow said law.

-Geaux
Got a link to your seat belt deaths? No? Why does that not surprise me?

LMAO... This is way to easy and a whole lot of fun.

~90 people die every day in the US by car accident. Of those, 47% were wearing seat belts. How many people die per year from not wearing a seat belt

So with my shoes off, I cipher that ~42 or so people die every day.. guess what..... WEARING SEAT BELTS

BTW- A scanner is another infringement. We are at the point enough is enough. Not a single more.

-Geaux

R.I. Rep. Trillo says 30,000 people have died because they used seat belts | PolitiFact Rhode Island

R.I. Rep. Trillo says 30,000 people have died because they used seat belts

"There are 30,000 people that have been killed with seat belts."

During the June 29, 2011, Rhode Island House debate over legislation to allow the police to stop motorists who are not wearing seat belts -- a bill that has now become law -- supporters said it would encourage more people to belt themselves in. Critics countered that the proposal was one more attempt to chip away at our personal freedoms and could encourage racial profiling.

Few will disagree that seat belts save lives. But this was one instance where House Minority Whip Joseph Trillo, who said he regularly uses his seat belt, couldn't restrain himself.

"There are 30,000 people that have been killed with seat belts, where they've gotten into accidents, the cars were on fire, they've been knocked out, they haven't been able to get out of the vehicle," he said. "My point is, even if the majority of people are saved, why do we keep forcing people to do things that they feel it's their own individual right to make a decision?"

Last edited:

As is normal, the people who always want to dictate gun rules to the rest of us, are people who don't know the first thing about guns, how to use them, responsible use, etc.

As is normal, the people who always want to dictate gun rules to the rest of us, are people who don't know the first thing about guns, how to use them, responsible use, etc.
As opposed to you who wants to dictate gun rules to the rest of us? :lol:

Responsible use? With 35.000 gun incidents a year I'd say you need to buy a dictionary to look up the word responsible.

Responsible use? With 35.000 gun incidents a year I'd say you need to buy a dictionary to look up the word responsible.

You portray yourself as a fucking "sissy" boy. Why don't you wean off your boyfriend's teat and try acting like a man.

You portray yourself as a fucking "sissy" boy. Why don't you wean off your boyfriend's teat and try acting like a man.

This douchesack negs me and says this: "Go put your mouth on a ******'s balls and ass, cocksucker."

Bro, get out of the closet much? :lmao:

Whats stopping you from getting this technology for your own gun?

I'm a vegetarian, no use for a gun.:D

Are you worried about your children?

If you are you shouldn't have any guns in your house.

Problem solved, now leave my guns alone.

I'm a vegetarian, no use for a gun.:D

You might not have a use for one now, but I predict; one day you will wish you had one when your acceptable risk is debunked

-Geaux

As opposed to you who wants to dictate gun rules to the rest of us?

Gay marriage.

Abortion.

Guns.

What do these three things have in common? There is only one, correct view on these rights: Those in favor of rights are not dictating rules to other people, they are merely affirming freedom and liberty. The only people who are dictating rules are those who oppose these rights.

That pales in comparison to a variety of other kinds of accidents. Why aren't you advocating for the abolition of cars?

Forum List

Back