20 children hospitalized each day with gun injuries

I have a biometric handgun safe. It works well. It also cost me about $350. I have a few guns, including one of my favorite ones, that cost less than $350.

How about passing a law that holds gun owners responsible if their improper storage of a gun is responsible for the death or injury of a child?

Remember, 0.0024% of privately owned guns cause the injury of young people under the age of 20. If we consider that most people consider a child someone under the age of 15, that number drops to 0.0004% of privately owned firearms.

I'm going to pretend I'm a libtard and answer your question.

A woman living with a gun nutter is probably a gun nutter herself or if she's a liberal who made a bad choice in a man there is plenty of help available to get out of the relationship, therefore she's making a choice to stay.

In either case she's getting what she deserves.

How'd I do?
Not bad. Now let's define what a gun nut is. If you have to think about how many guns you have, you're a gun nut. How'd I do?

BTW: That makes me a gun nut.

I have a biometric handgun safe. It works well. It also cost me about $350. I have a few guns, including one of my favorite ones, that cost less than $350.

How about passing a law that holds gun owners responsible if their improper storage of a gun is responsible for the death or injury of a child?

Remember, 0.0024% of privately owned guns cause the injury of young people under the age of 20. If we consider that most people consider a child someone under the age of 15, that number drops to 0.0004% of privately owned firearms.

Would go further and say the unsecured storage of a firearm harming or killing anyone is a criminal offense for the owner. Negligant homocide, or relevant assault version or something. Why it isn't already a Federal law is baffling.

I have a 14 yr old son. I keep a .357 magnum, a .40 cal semi-auto handgun and a .40 cal carbine loaded all with one in the chamber and the safety on. My 14 year old has been shooting since he was 9 yrs. old. 99% of the time, if you take your children out to the range or hunting and let them experience what a gun will do, they have respect for the weapon. Occasionally I'll take a few gallon milk jugs filled with water to the range and we'll shoot them with hollow points and watch them EXPLODE. It's a valuable lesson in the power of the gun/bullets.

Got a link to your seatbelt deaths? No? Why does that not surprise me?

A fingerprint scanner would work, just admit it and move on.

What if the husband who's finger print is the one in the scanner and he is gone. An intruder breaks in their house and the wife cannot us the gun, because of the scanner?

A woman living with a gun nutter is probably a gun nutter herself or if she's a liberal who made a bad choice in a man there is plenty of help available to get out of the relationship, therefore she's making a choice to stay.

How'd I do?

That's not bad, are you sure you're not a recovering libtard ? If so be careful, you wouldn't want to fall off the wagon for real.

More people die wearing seat belts everyday. The number you quote, if true, is a statistical outlier not worthy of data points requiring corrective action

BTW- Who said I keep unloaded firearms in a safe?
-Geaux
Got a link to your seatbelt deaths? No? Why does that not surprise me?

A fingerprint scanner would work, just admit it and move on.

What if the husband who's finger print is the one in the scanner and he is gone. An intruder breaks in their house and the wife cannot us the gun, because of the scanner?

She'd probably have a gun of her own (who has just ONE gun in their house?), or else I'm sure that it would be possible to, I dunno, um... um... maybe have 2 fingerprints that can open a gun?:eusa_whistle:

How'd I do?
Not bad. Now let's define what a gun nut is. If you have to think about how many guns you have, you're a gun nut. How'd I do?

BTW: That makes me a gun nut.

Guns are tools.

Do you know how many hammers, wrenches, or screwdrivers you have?

I have a 14 yr old son. I keep a .357 magnum, a .40 cal semi-auto handgun and a .40 cal carbine loaded all with one in the chamber and the safety on. My 14 year old has been shooting since he was 9 yrs. old. 99% of the time, if you take your children out to the range or hunting and let them experience what a gun will do, they have respect for the weapon. Occasionally I'll take a few gallon milk jugs filled with water to the range and we'll shoot them with hollow points and watch them EXPLODE. It's a valuable lesson in the power of the gun/bullets.

I did something similar when my kids were growing up. It makes a big difference when kids grow up using guns. Kids who grow up driving tractors and combines know more about tractors and combines than kids who don't, and it's the same with firearms.

The tale of liberal logic. Same state (Oregon) in the same basic time. Let us compare and contrast what the morons on the left are all about in regards to the gun issue.

Let us take a look at these two situations.

Man arrested in liberal Oregon for shooting a warning shot at intruder.

Here, in the same state, a woman calls the police to report someone breaking into her home. She of course was not armed. The 911 operator said there were no police on duty. The 911 operator actually told her to tell the man to go away. The 911 operator told her to call back the next day during business hours.

She was brutally raped.

Yes, the 911 operator said, " I do not have anyone to send out there. Can you tell him to go away?"

The operator also said, "Is there anyone you can call to help you?"

Operator also said, "Only thing I can do is give you some advice, can you call the sheriffs office tomorrow?"

She also said, "We do not dispatch for them and it is an unfortunate situation. I cannot tell you what to do."

--------------------------------------

There you go folks. Liberals in a fucking nutshell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ya. And it's not like any father's preteen son mid-tantrum then ever grabbed the weapon and murdered his father thanks to that training or anything. ...Oh wait.

Here, in the same state, a woman calls the police to report someone breaking into her home. She of course was not armed. The 911 operator said there were no police on duty. The 911 operator actually told her to tell the man to go away. The 911 operator told her to call back the next day during business hours.

She was brutally raped.

She was raped? She was supposed to piss herself to avoid that.

You put the word gun in a thread title an the nut-baggers come out in droves.

They are so damn afraid we're going to take away their security blankets.

What is with your gay commie flag?

With all due disrespect, all of your fucking liberal talking points in your fucking signature are typical liberal hypocritical talking points.

Unless of course you are saying you compromise on your fucked up, intolerant views.

Name one thing you will admit you are wrong about. Considering you are on the wrong side of every issue, it should be all that hard. You cannot possibly believe the bullshit about man made global warming is true, do you?

Go ahead, list the things you and your dandy friends do for the environment that helps any species.:gay:

Last edited:

Ya. And it's not like any father's preteen son mid-tantrum then ever grabbed the weapon and murdered his father thanks to that training or anything. ...Oh wait.

You're a rather silly fellow aren't you? Like I said, 99% of the time, under proper guidance your scenario NEVER happens. But go ahead and drudge up the 1% or less scenario to show your intelligence level.

It's working for you. Trust me.

The tale of liberal logic. Same state (Oregon) in the same basic time. Let us compare and contrast what the morons on the left are all about in regards to the gun issue.

Let us take a look at these two situations.

Man arrested in liberal Oregon for shooting a warning shot at intruder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9-Xe1pPcDw

Y
She was brutally raped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwut6UFJfoQ

Yes, the 911 operator said, " I do not have anyone to send out there. Can you tell him to go away?"

The operator also said, "Is there anyone you can call to help you?"

Operator also said, "Only thing I can do is give you some advice, can you call the sheriffs office tomorrow?"

She also said, "We do not dispatch for them and it is an unfortunate situation. I cannot tell you what to do."

--------------------------------------

There you go folks. Liberals in a fucking nutshell.

That video is chilling, it's very unfortunate that she didn't have a gun. But just think, many libs wouldn't even want her to have that right.

There are an estimated 300 million guns in the US. According to the CDC, there are 11,078 gun related homicides in the US.

This means that 0.0024% of our firearms were used to injure "children", and a whopping 0.0037% were used in murders per year.

I am not heartless and I am sorry that children have been injured and people have been killed. But when less than one-one hundredth of a percent of the guns in the US were used to kill or have harmed children, the problem is not gun related.

The stat in the OP claims 20 gun injuries per day for children. But then, that same link claims that 3 of that 20 are under 15, so the overwhelming majority of gun injurires are for kids who are old enough to drive.

And the CDC has reported that 80% of those 11,000 plus gun deaths are gang related.

There are an estimated 300 million guns in the US. According to the CDC, there are 11,078 gun related homicides in the US.

This means that 0.0024% of our firearms were used to injure "children", and a whopping 0.0037% were used in murders per year.

I am not heartless and I am sorry that children have been injured and people have been killed. But when less than one-one hundredth of a percent of the guns in the US were used to kill or have harmed children, the problem is not gun related.

The stat in the OP claims 20 gun injuries per day for children. But then, that same link claims that 3 of that 20 are under 15, so the overwhelming majority of gun injurires are for kids who are old enough to drive.

And the CDC has reported that 80% of those 11,000 plus gun deaths are gang related.
Pretty good, almost on par with being as safe as Mexico. :lol:

Pretty good, almost on par with being as safe as Mexico. :lol:

The point that flew right over your pointy head is that we do not have a problem with law abiding gun owners

We have a problem in several urban areas confined to an extremely small segment of the population.

And btw those urban areas with the most gang violence have some of the strictest gun laws in the country.

So tell me again how hamstringing law abiding people with more bullshit regulations is going to stop gang violence in cities.

Why are accidental gun injuries more egregious than any other accidental injury?

There are far more children hurt and killed accidentally by many other means than there are by guns.

Shouldn't you people maybe start at the top of the list and work your way down?

Nope.

Guns provide no other service to society. Those other items do.

Yeah, you keep on thinking how you form your own opinions.

Just that all your opinions just so happens to coincide with every lefty wing opinion.

The hilarious part is how you lefties always talk about education being such a critical factor. Yet, it is the NRA that provides the best access to educating people on proper gun use.

You ever notice how a large majority of the gun related crimes are committed by people that would never consider joining the NRA? You ever notice the large majority of people committing these crimes with guns, are......Obama supporters?

Every fucking notice that?

The interesting thing too with the liberal media is how focused they are in their agenda to only attack one aspect of these violent acts. GUNS. Why? Cause they do not advertise on their networks. Ever notice one common thread on almost every incident? From Columbine to VT, to Newtown, to Colorado theater? All of them that committed these acts were on some anti-depressant. Not a factor eh?

Of course not. Not to a person that brags that they "form their own opinions."

Now, why don't you tell us your little plan on getting the 300million guns in America? I am really interested in seeing how you go about banning all guns like you want.

You actually think your opinions are your own?:cuckoo:

LOL, cute rant.

Forum List

Back