🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2000 People on "Terror Watch List" able to buy guns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. Real difficult for a guy IN THE ARMY -- to get access to guns. Army hasn't done SHIT about their over-zealous pursuit of political correctness. And in THAT case -- it got folks killed.

It wasn't political correctness that was the problem, guy. It was that the Army protects officers and wasn't letting anyone out for some silly reason like they thought the war was stupid.

This is when the Army was lowering it standards to take in felons, were calling back guys who had completed their service, and were rotating the same National Guard units for the fourth time through theater.

That's why generally, myself and others, do not trust the Feds to operate a process that can deny rights. Not guns, not voting, not speech. Because they are INEPT and UNACCOUNTABLE. Let Fedex or MasterCard run the Instant Check program and you'll see a lot less high profile screw-ups. Screw-ups that consistently get people killed. Like the S.C. idiot who shot up a church. HAD a very arrest prior for a drug violation that slipped thru the cracks on a gun buy. Because the relationship between Feds and locals is dominated by two groups of bureaucrats who NEVER GET DISCIPLINED or FIRED for screw-ups..

you see, this is where you are a little bit confused. The reason why the check system is so bad is because the NRA doesn't want it to be effective. So you get craziness like if your background check isn't finished in three days the sale can go through, regardless.

So we go back to my solution. You make the gun owners responsible. The reason why Fed Ex and Mastercard are so good at running their programs is because they take a financial and liability hit if they get it wrong.

I'm not confused about the ineptness and the lack of accountibility in government. You admit FedEx and Mastercard are motivated properly to do things right. AND they have better management AND more importantly -- they know what what they are good and what they are not good at. The FEDS ??? Just suck at everything they touch. And they "touch" -- way too much already.

I'd make Instacheck better if I could. And as an occasional member of the NRA -- I'd make my voice count.

What I would like -- is for the Psych field to get all scientific, instead of so much "ad hoc" diagnosis and treatment. I'd like them to be able to "stress test" individuals emotionally and psychologically with ACTUAL MEASUREMENTS.. And then -- I'd like to the legal authorities involved with enforcing treatments and registering the dangerous cases on a (GET THIS) "watchlist". With FULL rights of legal review and due process.

THEN -- you can do something about "crazy people" who have violent tendencies. Not just with guns, but with knives, cars, swords, or poisons..

No, our gun laws aren't even a little bit crazy. Remember, Wingnuts, keep pissing yourselves over 3 year olds from Syria... because this isn't something to worry about at all.

From 2004 to 2014, over 2,000 terror suspects legally purchased guns in the United States

Given France's strict gun laws, the terrorists who attacked Paris on Friday may have turned to black market sources for the weapons they used. But in the United States, known and suspected terrorists are allowed to purchase firearms under federal law.

"Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law," the Government Accountability Office concluded in 2010. The law prohibits felons, fugitives, drug addicts and domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm in the United States. But people on the FBI's consolidated terrorist watchlist — typically placed there when there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are a known or suspected terrorist — can freely purchase handguns or assault-style rifles.

And, as the GAO found, a number of them do: Between 2004 and 2014, suspected terrorists attempted to purchase guns from American dealers at least 2,233 times. And in 2,043 of those cases — 91 percent of the time — they succeeded.

They proves the Government can and will fuck up everything. :(

Of course, but Joe's hatred of guns & the right of self defense is well documented. Liberals don't think, they feel. They don't have facts, they have emotions. In a lot of ways they have more in common with children...

Of course you don't mind gassing women and children. Or losing vital evidence from the crime scene -- like that big metal front door at Waco that MIGHT have shown who fired first. When a Federal army starts arriving and shooting your kid's dogs in front of them, and the local sheriff could have shown up and helped serve the warrant and when agents of BATF were at a BBQ at your compound a month before shooting on your practice range --

Who fired first (it was the Davidians, BTW) is irrelavant.

I find it amusing that you wingnuts who defend every cop who shoots an unarmed black child in the back are suddenly the biggest libertarians when it comes to these child molesting loons in Waco.

But you don't care. Don't care that your OP suggests we put people who have NOT BEEN CHARGED on a no-fly or no-gun list without recourse. Because we KNOW -- you HATE the Bill of Rights and probably this country. And want to re-make it on YOUR rules and sensibilities. If you actually have any sensibilities..

Not at all. You see, here's the thing, since you brought up the comparison.

The Airlines are totally good with a "no-Fly list'. They know the money they would lose from a terror incidence is far greater than the loss of a few $300.00 tickets. People would be less likely to fly if they knew they were sharing their plane ride with Abdul Ratbastard.

The gun industry, clearly wants terrorists, criminals and the insane to have weapons, so the rest of you want them too. They know the very thought of Abdul Ratbastard having a gun makes you want one, too. And some extra boxes of ammunition. and if a study finds a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy, then the gun industry will suppress the shit out of that.

As a wise man said, "The Constitution is not a Suicide Pact."

No they did not have a search warrant.... and they pumped high flammable agents into the compound...welcome to the land of the free...

Uh, yeah, they did.

Report to the Deputy Attorney General on the Events at Waco, Texas: Introduction | DOJ | Department of Justice

On the morning of Sunday, February 28, 1993, agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) attempted to serve an arrest warrant for Vernon Howell, a/k/a David Koresh, and a search warrant at the Branch Davidian compound near Waco, Texas. The arrest warrant charged Koresh with unlawful possession of a destructive device, in violation of 26 United States Code, section 5845(f). Both the search warrant and the arrest warrant were signed by a United States Magistrate Judge. The search warrant authorized a search of the premises of the 77 acre compound located at Route 7, Box 47-B (a/k/a The Mount Carmel Center), Waco, Texas for evidence relating to the unlawful possession of fully automatic machine guns and destructive devices. While attempting to serve these warrants, ATF agents came under heavy gunfire from individuals in the compound. As a result, four ATF agents were killed and fifteen wounded.

Now, you can argue that way the warrant was executed was sloppy and stupid, which it was. You can also argue that spraying tear gas on a bunch of nuts who think the end of the world is Nigh is probably not even a good strategy.

But there was a warrant. It was legal. Shooting at agents serving that warrant was not justified.

"Shooting at agents serving that warrant was not justified"

It IS when they shoot your kids dogs dead in the yard as they watch.. And put holes in your walls and door BEFORE they get to the house..

Of course you don't mind gassing women and children. Or losing vital evidence from the crime scene -- like that big metal front door at Waco that MIGHT have shown who fired first. When a Federal army starts arriving and shooting your kid's dogs in front of them, and the local sheriff could have shown up and helped serve the warrant and when agents of BATF were at a BBQ at your compound a month before shooting on your practice range --

I find it amusing that you wingnuts who defend every cop who shoots an unarmed black child in the back are suddenly the biggest libertarians when it comes to these child molesting loons in Waco.

But you don't care. Don't care that your OP suggests we put people who have NOT BEEN CHARGED on a no-fly or no-gun list without recourse. Because we KNOW -- you HATE the Bill of Rights and probably this country. And want to re-make it on YOUR rules and sensibilities. If you actually have any sensibilities..

The Airlines are totally good with a "no-Fly list'. They know the money they would lose from a terror incidence is far greater than the loss of a few $300.00 tickets. People would be less likely to fly if they knew they were sharing their plane ride with Abdul Ratbastard.

The gun industry, clearly wants terrorists, criminals and the insane to have weapons, so the rest of you want them too. They know the very thought of Abdul Ratbastard having a gun makes you want one, too. And some extra boxes of ammunition. and if a study finds a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy, then the gun industry will suppress the shit out of that.

Best Hospitals for Gynecology | Top Hospitals | US News Hospital Rankings

The Biggest fucking salespeople for the gun industry is NOT Abdul RatBastard --- but exactly the gun grabbers like you. The facts show that over and over and over again. Are you on their payroll or some damn thing??

Obama needs a Lifetime Acheivement Award from Ruger and S&Wesson..

I'm not confused about the ineptness and the lack of accountibility in government. You admit FedEx and Mastercard are motivated properly to do things right. AND they have better management AND more importantly -- they know what what they are good and what they are not good at. The FEDS ??? Just suck at everything they touch. And they "touch" -- way too much already.

Guy, I think you are confused here. The government and private industry have about the same levels of ineptitude. I've worked for both, I can say this.

The government can't get gun background checks right because they aren't allowed to. They aren't given the resources to do it correctly.

I'd make Instacheck better if I could. And as an occasional member of the NRA -- I'd make my voice count.

The NRA doesn't care about it's members. It cares about the gun manufacturers. That's where most of their money comes from, not from the Rubes who plop down $50.00 and get a napsack for their ammo. You guys are exactly what htey see you as, Rubes.

What I would like -- is for the Psych field to get all scientific, instead of so much "ad hoc" diagnosis and treatment. I'd like them to be able to "stress test" individuals emotionally and psychologically with ACTUAL MEASUREMENTS.. And then -- I'd like to the legal authorities involved with enforcing treatments and registering the dangerous cases on a (GET THIS) "watchlist". With FULL rights of legal review and due process.

THEN -- you can do something about "crazy people" who have violent tendencies. Not just with guns, but with knives, cars, swords, or poisons..

And the gun industry would STILL find ways to get guns to these people. You see, the really crazy stewbum who probably needs the governmetn to get him to take his meds isn't the problem. It's the guy like Lanza or Holmes who is just functional enough to get by and get a gun from either a relative or walk into a store and buy one because he looks hygenic enough.

The Biggest fucking salespeople for the gun industry is NOT Abdul RatBastard --- but exactly the gun grabbers like you. The facts show that over and over and over again. Are you on their payroll or some damn thing??

Anyone who goes out and buys a shitload of guns because someone says, "Hey, maybe we shouldn't let crazy people buy guns", probably shouldn't have guns to start with.

Just saying.

The best argumetn for gun control is a five minute conversation with a gun nut.

Not a sensible gun owner. Most of them don't want Abdul or Mr. Crazy-pants to have a gun, either.

But the nut who goes out and buys bunches of guns like crazy old ladies collect cats.

Guy, I think you are confused here. The government and private industry have about the same levels of ineptitude. I've worked for both, I can say this.

The government can't get gun background checks right because they aren't allowed to. They aren't given the resources to do it correctly.

The NRA doesn't care about it's members. It cares about the gun manufacturers. That's where most of their money comes from, not from the Rubes who plop down $50.00 and get a napsack for their ammo. You guys are exactly what htey see you as, Rubes.

And the gun industry would STILL find ways to get guns to these people. You see, the really crazy stewbum who probably needs the governmetn to get him to take his meds isn't the problem. It's the guy like Lanza or Holmes who is just functional enough to get by and get a gun from either a relative or walk into a store and buy one because he looks hygenic enough.
http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/gynecology

Anyone who goes out and buys a shitload of guns because someone says, "Hey, maybe we shouldn't let crazy people buy guns", probably shouldn't have guns to start with.

Just saying.

The best argumetn for gun control is a five minute conversation with a gun nut.

Not a sensible gun owner. Most of them don't want Abdul or Mr. Crazy-pants to have a gun, either.

But the nut who goes out and buys bunches of guns like crazy old ladies collect cats.
Best Hospitals for Gynecology | Top Hospitals | US News Hospital Rankings

It IS when they shoot your kids dogs dead in the yard as they watch.. And put holes in your walls and door BEFORE they get to the house..

Uh, no, it wasn't. Koresh knew they were coming to serve a Warrant. It wasn't like these were some strangers or something. He chose to fight because he knew what they do to kiddie-diddlers in the big house.

Uh, no, it wasn't. Koresh knew they were coming to serve a Warrant. It wasn't like these were some strangers or something. He chose to fight because he knew what they do to kiddie-diddlers in the big house.

Why see a gynecologist? | girlshealth.gov

is it your fear of phallic symbols that makes you suffer from hoplophobia?

Ever notice that you only ever hear comparisons between firearms and genitalia from those who are afraid of arms? It is those of us who don't have this cowardice who are accused of having issues related to perceived sexual inadequacy but it is the pathetic, sniveling, hoplophobic cowards who actually speak of such issues—a classic, obvious case of psychological projection; as well as an obvious attempt to address their inadequacies, not by trying to better themselves, but by trying to drag others down to their own level.

There is a quote, of unknown origin, often misattributed to Freud, which states that a fear of arms is a sign of retarded sexual development. And as scumbags like JoeB131 clearly demonstrate, whomever did originate this quote appears to have been exactly right.

Back then slaves were not considered citizens, therefore, had no Constitutional rights. Hell, they weren't even considered people.

It is well worth noting that the earliest gun control laws in the nation were specifically aimed at Negros, shortly after the end of slavery, and were enacted at the behest of, and for the benefit of the Ku Klux Klan.

And as it was in the beginning, it remains so today, that gun control laws are enacted for the benefit of violent criminals. It is the criminals who benefit from having their prospective victims disarmed, and is on the side of these criminals that those are who support such laws.

The NRA wants to make sure ANYONE can buy a gun. They think Constitutional rights should be extended to terrorists that come here to kill Americans just like everyone else because, you know, THEY ARE GUNS, and guns need to roam free with the wind in their mane.

Not to speak for the NRA, but I think the obvious error is in allowing large numbers of foreign “refugees” into our nation, knowing that a significant portion of them are going to be terrorists.

There is absolutely no justification, ever, for denying any person who falls under American jurisdiction, any of his essential Constitutional rights, without due process of law; but equally, there is no excuse, ever, for inviting a destructive foreign invasion of this country. The latter, in my opinion, meets the definition of treason, as found in Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution, and any public official who commits the offense ought to be tried for it, and on conviction , put before a firing squad. I can think of no crime that is more deserving of the death penalty than to abuse the power of public office in order to aid foreign invaders against the interests of one's own countrymen.

because locking people up is impratical and expensive.

Gun confiscation is easy.
I hope that's not what you want.....There would be pussies to give up their right but then there would be some who would go down fighting...Lots of casualties what nobody wants...

That is exactly what scumbags like JoeB131 want. When Americans refuse to peacefully give up their arms, the anti-Constitutional scumbags will use it as proof that they need to further stomp on the rights of Americans.

Fixed it for you. The only “gun law” that we need is the Second Amendment, and as long as it stands, all the others are unconstitutional.

Yes, we totally need to let crazy people, terrorists and criminals buy guns, because guess what, "The people" also includes them, if you want to keep your crazy interpretation of what the Founding Slave Rapists were thinking.

It is well worth noting that the earliest gun control laws in the nation were specifically aimed at Negros, shortly after the end of slavery, and were enacted at the behest of, and for the benefit of the Ku Klux Klan.

I think you are a little confused. The people who advocated the "every citizen should be packing' were the Southern Racists who felt white people should be walking around packing to put them Negros in their place. Slave rebellions like Nat Turner's scared the shit out of them.

There is absolutely no justification, ever, for denying any person who falls under American jurisdiction, any of his essential Constitutional rights, without due process of law; but equally, there is no excuse, ever, for inviting a destructive foreign invasion of this country. The latter, in my opinion, meets the definition of treason, as found in Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution, and any public official who commits the offense ought to be tried for it, and on conviction , put before a firing squad. I can think of no crime that is more deserving of the death penalty than to abuse the power of public office in order to aid foreign invaders against the interests of one's own countrymen.

Except no one invited an "invasion', guy. The fact is, a terrorist can much more easily get in here as a tourist than a refugee, and he could more easily just recruit a disaffected American Citizen who converts to Islam to piss off his parents rather than just getting a nose ring. this wouldn't be so bad, except of course, you already have too many nutters out there with guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back