2011 NFL Draft (live thread)

Why in the name of heavenly fuck does it take them so long to make their picks?

I think it should be one minute per pick...and if you dont make it in time, you receive and autodraft.

I think it should be one minute per pick...and if you dont make it in time, you receive and autodraft.

Locker is a risky pick for the Titans.

A terrible dropback passer, not a quick decision -maker (doubts about his abiity to read defenses) poor passing % - didnt really win that much at the UW.

Wish him the best.

Couple more guys I wanted my Seahawks to grab are gone.

No more interior o-linemen worthy of round one. Still a good CB left.

Maybe they can trade back somehow... ??

Mike Shannahan and Bruce Allen need to not only be FIRED.... they need to be SHOT.

Ryan Kerrigan? At #16 in the FIRST ROUND? Maybe at #16 in the 7th ROUND. What a friggin JOKE.

Some kind of weirdness as the Ravens and/or KC tried to make a trade,

Reminds me of the old Vikings clusterfark....

OK then.

(???)

Seattle gets bookend tackle with James Carpenter - seattlepi.com
The choice of Carpenter was a surprise considering the other names still available that were expected to be taken earlier in the first round.

Carpenter played left tackle for the Crimson Tide but is likely to be moved to the right side after Seattle drafted Russell Okung with the No. 6 overall pick in the 2010 draft.

Clearly my Hawks wanted to trade down but at least they grabbed a need. Maybe Locklear is not coming back?

I'm to drunk to make an educated guess or even a judgment call here but I'll postulate that Seattle went "need" all the way. Not being able to trade down they made a call based on their rankings of O-line guys.

Lots of draft yet to go so we shall see what of this very important weekend and the free agency yet to follow.

Go Seahawks!!

Round two is off and running.

DE Bowers is still available (so far)

Bungles grabbed a QB meaning the status of Carson Palmer is up in the air for sure. He wants out of Cincy. Too bad they could not trade him this year for a pick.

Nothing crazy yet. NFL Network guys wont shut up about Bowers.

They did bread in with some news about the lockout, though the doors opened today, they could be closed again till the middle of next week or later.

Trade negotiations on every pick.
Most importantly, they speak with the player before they pick him and get him on tape. Top picks the finances are negotiated ahead of time if they want to pick them.
Do you believe a team would waste a pick not knowing if they could sign him?

Going at a pretty good pace now. Of course the farther you get into the draft the faster it goes.

I don't have a big problem with the length of the 1st round but it does suck that they drag the draft out to 3 days. They could start at noon on a Saturday and do the whole draft in half a day with all kinds of time for trades and ceremony and showmanship.

Just a half a dozen picks or so till Seattle is up, yee ha!!

Report: Owners get temporary stay of injunction, lockout back on | Seahawks Insider

Link to the update I mentioned above.

According to reports, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit has granted the league a temporary stay of the injunction lifting the lockout this afternoon in St. Louis, which means the lockout is back on, just hours after players were allowed back into facilities today.

So just when it appeared the league year would begin in earnest, including the possibility of free agency and trades, it appears the breaks have been slammed on today on that process.

Seahawks trade out of round two with the Lions...

... receives Detroits #75, #107, #154 and #205 in exchange for Seattle's #57, #157 and #209.

I think that's a fine trade, no problem from this here fan.

Update for clarity:

So here's the deal:
Seattle gives up second round pick (No.57), a fifth round (157) and a seventh (209).
And the get Detroit's 3rd (75th), 4th (107), 5th (154) and 7th (205).

So basically the Seahawks traded a second-round pick for Detroit's third and fourth-round picks, and swapped spots to move up in the fifth and seventh-rounds

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/#ixzz1KxlAet00

Last edited:
Well Seattle goes O-line again and it's not like they didn't need it.

Badger guard John Moffitt a nice value at 75. The second guy this draft with a reputation for "playing angry" and being a "grinder". Looks like Pete and new O-line coach Tom Cable want to fix the run game first and foremost and hoo-rah to that.

Guess more "beast mode" runs are on the way. :tongue: Hey, give me a break, I'm a Seattle fan... what else have I got?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieMlSNXMR2M]YouTube - Marshawn Lynch's 67 yard TD run against the Saints...According to Tecmo[/ame]

As a Vikings and Seminoles fan, I'm happy the Vikes have Ponder. I just am not happy with the 12th pick.

When I heard the pick my first thought was "I bet Toro approves". :lol:

I was kind of hoping they would have had the chance to get Gabbert, but as far as I know Ponder has solid enough potential.The whole draft just boils down to a crap shoot, so who knows.

Here's to Ponder having a 100+ rating next year. :beer:

Ponder is underrated. He was being touted as a Heisman winner before the season began but getting injured ended that. He's a really smart guy. I'd take smart and accurate over athletic and strong armed any day, though Ponder had an arm before getting hurt.

I like what Tampa did, taking Bowers in the second round. They've had a problem on the edge since Simeone Rice retired. He has huge upside. Plus they got that Andrew Clabourn (?) in the first.

Seahawks trade out of round two with the Lions...

... receives Detroits #75, #107, #154 and #205 in exchange for Seattle's #57, #157 and #209.

I think that's a fine trade, no problem from this here fan.

Update for clarity:

So here's the deal:
Seattle gives up second round pick (No.57), a fifth round (157) and a seventh (209).
And the get Detroit's 3rd (75th), 4th (107), 5th (154) and 7th (205).

So basically the Seahawks traded a second-round pick for Detroit's third and fourth-round picks, and swapped spots to move up in the fifth and seventh-rounds

Read more: Seattle Seahawks Insider - The News Tribune

Lions fan here, I was glad to get Mikel LeShoure, we needed a good RB cuz Jahvid Best just can't carry the load by himself. I thought my Lions had a good draft, we got another real good DT, a very fast and quick WR to spread the defense, and LeShoure. Good trade for the Seahawks too, they got an extra 4th rounder out of it and moved up inthe 5th and 7th. Nobody is going to want to play against our DL for the next 10 years I think.

Forum List

Back