2016: Conservatism WON the presidential popular vote

Ms. Clinton got more votes than anyone else.

... more than any other SINGLE candidate. However, her pop vote margin over Trump was about 1/3 of the 3rd party/independent vote that voted AGAINST her. This election was determined, not quite by conservatives as it says in the OP, but by the rapidly growing independent/3rd party sector of the electorate. In fact, probably THIS YEAR, the number of voters declaring independence from 2 tribal brand name parties will reach a landmark of being BIGGER than both the Dem and Rep faithful put together.

Don't discount that percentage of votes that went for NEITHER candidate. It's the future of American politics.

Okay, but say it had came down to a runoff between two candidates; the data shows that it wouldn't have been in the bag for Hillary. My overarching point is that the Hillary winning the popular vote by 2.5 percent is superficial if not just outright phony.

3 million more votes is not superficial, and not phony. The country didn't want Trump as president

Orange clown won 50% more states than bulldyke.
yeah,but if you discount the dakotas,idaho, montana,wyoming,mississipi, alabama, oklahoma,nebraska and kansas, then they both won 20. so there.
Say it with us… President Donald Trump.:lmao:

The funniest part of this thread is the OP's premise that every person who voted for Gary Johnson is a conservative.

Nothing funny about that at all. I've been amused by the fake polls that have came forth that Libertarians would have actually supported Hillary. That's just a complete load of shit. You won't find one libertarian on this board who would've supported Hillary.

Libertarian VP Candidate: Whatever You Do, Don't Vote For Trump

Big deal. He was paid to talk sh** for the Dems. Libertarians still carry absolutely no torch for Hillary.

LOL, the Libertarian VICE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE says do NOT vote for Trump and you have to throw him under the bus.

You're a fucking imbecile. Always have been. Always will be.

He threw himself under the bus to not have enough pride to campaign for his own ticket.

Conservative Republican: 45.95%
Conservative Libertarian: 3.28%
Conservative Independent (McMullin): 0.53%
Conservative Constitution: 0.15%

Conservative Total: 49.91%

Liberal Democrat: 48.04%
Liberal Green: 1.06%

Liberal Total: 49.10%

Even with all the illegals (and felons) voting, liberals still lost the total popular vote; and this narrative that Hillary won the popular vote is superficial, phony nonsense like everything else coming from the liberal establishment.
There are a lot of tards who THINK they are conservatives, but aren't anything close to conservative. They wouldn't know a conservative idea if it bit their pointy heads.

That's why Trump won. He knew this fact and exploited the shit out of it.

So if a candidate polls 40% and that is MORE than any other single candidate -- to YOU --- "America wanted that candidate" ?? That's what "winning" the popular vote means to you? :uhoh3: Even if 60% of America DID NOT VOTE for them? Good luck with that "definition"..

Because the 2 brand name parties are dying and we're headed in that direction..
Still tying to play what if. Look at it any way you want. More people voted against Trump than against Hillary. Still the same outcome. Trump was elected with fewer votes than Hillary, and no amount of playing what if will change that. He is not the country's top choice, and I'm pretty sure he will never be. You've gone past dumb to desperate.

The country wisely chose Trump over Hillary. And they did it by such a margin that all the DNC cheating in their urban bases couldn't overcome him. The numbers in the end are phony. Hillary won no popular vote.

Another RWNJ refusing to accept reality. No surprise there.

Dude, you spend all day on here doing nothing but posting propaganda. Hope you're getting paid for this, so to speak. Point is you shouldn't be calling anyone a political nut job.

Can't produce facts to back up your claims, so you call me names. Typical

Back up is a synonym for prove. I've made it very clear many posts ago that I won't be catering to you, deuche. Yet, you persist as though I hadn't. But your denseness is not my problem.

Even with all the illegals (and felons) voting, liberals still lost the total popular vote; and this narrative that Hillary won the popular vote is superficial, phony nonsense like everything else coming from the liberal establishment.
Populism won, unless you.'re gullible enough to believe Trump is a rock ribbed ideologue.

Populism is just a purerer conservatism than what Republicans practice.
You ability to rationalize Political Science is baffling.

For what it's worth putting liberalism and conservatism as worthy foes was always your globalists' way of supplanting so-called populists. But people awoke to the scam at least in part.
Define the term "Conservatism", "Liberalism" and "Populism" because I'm not sure you really understand them.

TheGreatGatsby, post: 16167934,

So if the actual vote determined the Presidency, and you are declaring Conservative Total at 49.10 % to be the winner.

You have declared four candidates for president with their Vice Presidents to become President and Vice President. Do we have four separate inaugurations or do they all get sworn in at once? Do they all sit in the Oval Office or do we have some remodeling to be done at the White House?

DigitalDrifter, post: 16174006
Let me guess, you're a milennial who being still wet behind the ears, was shocked to discover that a presidential candidate can lose even after getting the most votes?

No guess. You are not intelligent. I saw W win while losing the popular vote. I have voted for the better man in the past that did not win. Great American WWII VETERAN George McGovern was. America made huge mistakes that did not go well with Nixon and Bush43. Even Trump tells you what a fuckup W was.

I've made the point that Clinton won more votes than any other candidate in 2016. If you can't say that is false, skip the 'wet behind the ears' crap.

Who's disputing she won the popular vote?
The point is, that's not the goal. The goal is to get to 270 electoral votes, thus why the Trump strategy went after the swing states. If the goal was the popular vote, he would have spent much more time and money in places like California.

flacaltenn, post: 16174551
You're ignoring 6 Million popular votes.

Not at all. Those voters picked losers with no chance of winning. They don't get counted with any other candidate's total - they stand alone with their losers. No one prevented them from picking Trump or Clinton at the polling booth.

Look up disenfranchising. Apparently you don't know what it means.

Hillary won more votes than any other candidate in the race. Are you disputing that? Did she or didn't she?

People with functional minds understand this very easily. It takes barely any effort.

YOU don't get to JUDGE the merits or the chances of WHO people choose to support ass clown. They CHOSE NOT to vote for Clinton or Trump. YOU do not have a monopoly (duopoly) on American politics or clause the states that MY vote "does not count".. It certainly DID count. And I REJECTED Hillary Clinton.

So you can add MY vote and the 6Million OTHERS to the Trump voters who also rejected Hillary Clinton as a candidate. That means 3.5 MILLION MORE voters REJECTED her than voted FOR her. .

You're ignoring 6 Million popular votes.

Not at all. Those voters picked losers with no chance of winning. They don't get counted with any other candidate's total - they stand alone with their losers. No one prevented them from picking Trump or Clinton at the polling booth.

Look up disenfranchising. Apparently you don't know what it means.

Hillary won more votes than any other candidate in the race. Are you disputing that? Did she or didn't she?

People with functional minds understand this very easily. It takes barely any effort.

YOU don't get to JUDGE the merits or the chances of WHO people choose to support ass clown. They CHOSE NOT to vote for Clinton or Trump. YOU do not have a monopoly (duopoly) on American politics or clause the states that MY vote "does not count".. It certainly DID count. And I REJECTED Hillary Clinton.

So you can add MY vote and the 6Million OTHERS to the Trump voters who also rejected Hillary Clinton as a candidate. That means 3.5 MILLION MORE voters REJECTED her than voted FOR her. .
If only you voted for one of the two competitive candidates......

You are saying that those votes AGAINST Clinton don't count.

You have no way of knowing those votes were against Clinton. Presenting that as fact is trafficking in fake news.

Show me one true vote counting popular election with three or more candidates where the most vote winner loses and second through fifth are declared the winner.

You are clueless. Those votes cost the pantsuit to lose 2 maybe 3 states. They DEFINITELY were intended to REJECT her. Your hapless, corrupt DNC and it's suck-ups like you need to realize that the MAJORITY of voters are FLEEING the GOP and Dems. And very soon will be the political majority. Larger than BOTH the Reps and Dems put together. You are gonna be irrelevant BECAUSE you think you OWN people's choices at the ballot box.

You'd still be declaring her "America's Choice" if she only won 39% in a 4 way race. And then the MAJORITY of folks would be laughing hysterically at you..

You're leaving out the 6MILLION votes that went AGAINST Hillary for Stein, Johnson and others. There was no popular vote evidence that the "country wanted Hillary".. When making comments on the math, you have to be precise. So MAYBE you can claim that "more people in the country preferred Hilliary to Trump". But that fails because we'll never know what the Pop vote outcome for a 2 way race was.

America as a whole REJECTED Hillary by about a 4.5Mill vote margin.. That's a fact.

When you have multi-way races that get increasingly competitive, it becomes laughable at some point to declare that "America WANTED Moron B" When Moron B gets only 44 or 39% of the pop vote. Doesn't it??

Don't disenfranchise the 6Mill votes for other choices. You'll piss off the LARGEST political group in America.

I'm not leaving out anybody. Bottom line. Hillary got more votes than Trump. Hillary got more votes than Stein. Hillary got more votes than Johnson. Hillary got more votes than any of the others. You can play what if all you want, but you can never honestly say rump was the choice of the people. He might have been elected due to a very irregular result of the electoral college, but he wasn't elected by the will of the people. Hillary had the honor of the most votes. Playing what if, and silly number games will never change that.

So if a candidate polls 40% and that is MORE than any other single candidate -- to YOU --- "America wanted that candidate" ?? That's what "winning" the popular vote means to you? :uhoh3: Even if 60% of America DID NOT VOTE for them? Good luck with that "definition"..

Still tying to play what if. Look at it any way you want. More people voted against Trump than against Hillary. Still the same outcome. Trump was elected with fewer votes than Hillary, and no amount of playing what if will change that. He is not the country's top choice, and I'm pretty sure he will never be. You've gone past dumb to desperate.

You guys are the ones playing the "what-if" game. There was NO 2 way race for president. And you are dissing the popular vote of 6 million OTHER Americans who did not reward Clinton or Trump with their votes. They COUNT. You cannot disenfranchise them. That's even in the "equal protection" clause of the Constitution.

If you want to know the Pop vote outcome for a TWO way race --- go create one.

No. As it turns out with the electoral college, they don't count. As it turns out with the popular vote,their numbers weren't as high as the two front runners, so they don't really count there either. As they were told before the election, those votes were thrown away.

You don't get to determine that votes "were thrown away" because people chose principle over brand name damaged goods. Clinton lost largely just because of the puny Jill Stein vote. True fact. If the DNC hadn't screwed Bernie 13 ways from Sunday -- those votes might have STAYED with the Dems.

There are a lot of tards who THINK they are conservatives, but aren't anything close to conservative. They wouldn't know a conservative idea if it bit their pointy heads.

Trump himself was a rejection of "Conservative" track record. The spineless, hapless "go along to get along" crowd that conspired to nuke the Tea Party. BOTH parties were shunned. This election was determined largely by the 47% and growing INDIE vote and that's why the polls were so entirely FOS. They still used the Dem/Rep weighting for their sampling and were WAY off because they are not tuned to the groundswell to tank BOTH brand name parties.

Where would they be without you to label them because they can't think for themselves.

Populism won, unless you.'re gullible enough to believe Trump is a rock ribbed ideologue.

Populism is just a purerer conservatism than what Republicans practice.
You ability to rationalize Political Science is baffling.

For what it's worth putting liberalism and conservatism as worthy foes was always your globalists' way of supplanting so-called populists. But people awoke to the scam at least in part.
Define the term "Conservatism", "Liberalism" and "Populism" because I'm not sure you really understand them.

Don't give your condescending shit, fuckface. But I'll tell you right now that the modern liberal is nothing more than globalist who has no use for customs, heritage and national identity; nor do they have any sort of moral code that prevents them from destroying such things through any means.

TheGreatGatsby, post: 16167934,

So if the actual vote determined the Presidency, and you are declaring Conservative Total at 49.10 % to be the winner.

You have declared four candidates for president with their Vice Presidents to become President and Vice President. Do we have four separate inaugurations or do they all get sworn in at once? Do they all sit in the Oval Office or do we have some remodeling to be done at the White House?

Yea, I put forth no such conclusion.

Ms. Clinton got more votes than anyone else.

... more than any other SINGLE candidate. However, her pop vote margin over Trump was about 1/3 of the 3rd party/independent vote that voted AGAINST her. This election was determined, not quite by conservatives as it says in the OP, but by the rapidly growing independent/3rd party sector of the electorate. In fact, probably THIS YEAR, the number of voters declaring independence from 2 tribal brand name parties will reach a landmark of being BIGGER than both the Dem and Rep faithful put together.

Don't discount that percentage of votes that went for NEITHER candidate. It's the future of American politics.

Okay, but say it had came down to a runoff between two candidates; the data shows that it wouldn't have been in the bag for Hillary. My overarching point is that the Hillary winning the popular vote by 2.5 percent is superficial if not just outright phony.

3 million more votes is not superficial, and not phony. The country didn't want Trump as president

67% of the States said they did, that was more than enough.

I'm not leaving out anybody. Bottom line. Hillary got more votes than Trump. Hillary got more votes than Stein. Hillary got more votes than Johnson. Hillary got more votes than any of the others. You can play what if all you want, but you can never honestly say rump was the choice of the people. He might have been elected due to a very irregular result of the electoral college, but he wasn't elected by the will of the people. Hillary had the honor of the most votes. Playing what if, and silly number games will never change that.

You guys are the ones playing the "what-if" game. There was NO 2 way race for president. And you are dissing the popular vote of 6 million OTHER Americans who did not reward Clinton or Trump with their votes. They COUNT. You cannot disenfranchise them. That's even in the "equal protection" clause of the Constitution.

If you want to know the Pop vote outcome for a TWO way race --- go create one.

No. As it turns out with the electoral college, they don't count. As it turns out with the popular vote,their numbers weren't as high as the two front runners, so they don't really count there either. As they were told before the election, those votes were thrown away.

You don't get to determine that votes "were thrown away" because people chose principle over brand name damaged goods. Clinton lost largely just because of the puny Jill Stein vote. True fact. If the DNC hadn't screwed Bernie 13 ways from Sunday -- those votes might have STAYED with the Dems.

Third party votes didn't even have a chance of electing the people they were cast for. Yes. They were thrown away.

TheGreatGatsby, post: 16176625.

That is you conclusion when you pick four losers combined to beat the winner.

Hillary won more votes than anybody. The way you you made "conservatives total" the winners is absurd. Trump could not convince third place on down to vote for him. They rejected him. You can't arbitrarily give Trump votes from voters that rejected him

conservatives total was not in the ballot anywhere. It can't win.

TheGreatGatsby, post: 16176625.

That is you conclusion when you pick four losers combined to beat the winner.

Hillary won more votes than anybody the way you you made conservatives total the winners is absurd. Trump could not convince third place on down to vote for him. They rejected him. You can't arbitrarily give Trump votes from voters that rejected him.
What did she win?

Forum List

Back