23%, 53% Want To Secede

no need to secede.....if you dont like the way things are.....QUIT VOTING FOR THE SAME ASSHOLES....

RWs vote against their own best interests while liberal don't vote for them.

The U.S. Is fat, dumb and happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal

no need to secede.....if you dont like the way things are.....QUIT VOTING FOR THE SAME ASSHOLES....

RWs vote against their own best interests while liberal don't vote for them.

The U.S. Is fat, dumb and happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal

Oh goody, I love secession threads, brings out all the dumb-ass confederates who want to try it again.

Oh goody, I love secession threads, brings out all the dumb-ass confederates who want to try it again.

Yeah, because it worked out so good for them last time they tried it.
We're in a new day and age. The era of mass armies, mass conscription and mass slaughter are over. Secession movements are springing up everywhere.

Are you going to rush to the enlistment office and sign up to go blow up some Americans who want to secede? Are you prepared to have your front yard turned into a battlefield?

Secession USED to mean war, now it's more likely to mean a referendum.

We're in a new day and age. The era of mass armies, mass conscription and mass slaughter are over. Secession movements are springing up everywhere.

Are you going to rush to the enlistment office and sign up to go blow up some Americans who want to secede? Are you prepared to have your front yard turned into a battlefield?

Any secession attempt would result in the governor and legislature of a state being arrested for treason, a new leadership appointed by the president and occupation by troops. That's just how it would be.

Any secession attempt would result in the governor and legislature of a state being arrested for treason, a new leadership appointed by the president and occupation by troops. That's just how it would be.

When one brings violence, as you suggest, then one also invites violence as a response. What you suggest is unlikely when we look at contemporary secession efforts. No one went and arrested the Premier of Quebec, for instance.

When one brings violence, as you suggest, then one also invites violence as a response. What you suggest is unlikely when we look at contemporary secession efforts. No one went and arrested the Premier of Quebec, for instance.
This is America, where violence is always a means to an end. Attempting to deprive entire masses of people of equal protection under the US constitution will bring the troops, you can bet on it.

This is America, where violence is always a means to an end. Attempting to deprive entire masses of people of equal protection under the US constitution will bring the troops, you can bet on it.

"I don't believe you." That'll be your bluff being called. A group will mount a legal referendum, if they win a majority then they'll call for secession. You claim troops will be sent out to oppress the majority of the state. I don't buy it.

"I don't believe you." That'll be your bluff being called. A group will mount a legal referendum, if they win a majority then they'll call for secession. You claim troops will be sent out to oppress the majority of the state. I don't buy it.
Sorry to pop your bubble but they slammed the door on secession, there is no legal avenue to for a state to secede. Also various acts of congress have made it not only legal but the president is duty-bound to put down insurrections by force if necessary.

I would entertain secession. To many variables to be realistic really but, perhaps a polarizing event could pull it out in the open. A breaking up of the union would be feasible, if you could figure out a solution for the nuclear weapons, military and buisness bases. I would be more then happy to break the union if we get all the toys. I would not leave them for the folks who stay behind or the military structure... business and commerce would be a no brainer as most of them would leave the union quite easily as most of them are offshore anyways.

Yes, I don't see anyone calling for war, just an exploration of what's probably eventually inevitable anyway.

USMB nutter politics: if you can't beat em'........run away.
Like it or not, this is a very divided nation, and if enough people eventually want a new country, there's nothing wrong with at least discussing it.
Liberals here are obviously very afraid of a two nation solution. I would have thought they would at least not attempt to silence the discussion.

Forum List

Back