25% of American Jewish Voters think Israel is an Apartheid State

I would suggest that dismantling the old Muslim Quarter in East Jerusalem is not helpful and building Jewish only housing settlements in the West Bank is gross discrimination.

Plus, Israel should probably get out of Lebanon's Shaaba Farms... and let the Druze have their Golan Heights and their apple orchards.
Wow, just wow. The 'old Muslim Quarter' is not being dismantled. Maybe you're talking about the old Jewish Quarter that got leveled by Jordan around 1949?

You are not earning your paycheck.

Wow, just wow. The 'old Muslim Quarter' is not being dismantled. Maybe you're talking about the old Jewish Quarter that got leveled by Jordan around 1949?

You are not earning your paycheck.

They have been busy tearing down 500 year old Arab homes in East Jerusalem to build cheap, goverment subsidized apartments for the Hasidic Jews.

They have been busy tearing down 500 year old Arab homes in East Jerusalem to build cheap, goverment subsidized apartments for the Hasidic Jews.
Are you talking about the ones that Jews bought, then had their legal claims verified, and then have been more than patient for those squatting in those houses to move out?

Are you talking about the ones that Jews bought, then had their legal claims verified, and then have been more than patient for those squatting in those houses to move out?

Do you live in Jerusalem? Its been a while since I have been there, but I remember the Old Muslim Quarter well. No Jews lived there just Muslims and Christians.

East Jerusalem - Wikipedia
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) recognised East Jerusalem as capital of the State of Palestine on 13 December 2017. The annual number of building permits granted for construction in Israeli settlements in East Jerusalem have expanded by 60% since Donald Trump became US president in 2017.

Um, why are the Zionists there are all, a bunch of European squatters stealing someone else's land.
Because. Britain conquered that area from the Ottoman empire during WWI. You do know what conquered means, right? And lets see:

Kafr Yasif
Abu Snan
Kabul
Sakhnin
Yodfat
Afula
Nazeret, etc.
All these are Arab towns in the Galilee. There's plenty more. Some theft going on, eh?

Because. Britain conquered that area from the Ottoman empire during WWI. You do know what conquered means, right? And lets see:

Kafr Yasif
Abu Snan
Kabul
Sakhnin
Yodfat
Afula
Nazeret, etc.
All these are Arab towns in the Galilee. There's plenty more. Some theft going on, eh?

The Arabs fought with the British to get rid of the Ottomans.

Do you live in Jerusalem? Its been a while since I have been there, but I remember the Old Muslim Quarter well. No Jews lived there just Muslims and Christians.

East Jerusalem - Wikipedia
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) recognised East Jerusalem as capital of the State of Palestine on 13 December 2017. The annual number of building permits granted for construction in Israeli settlements in East Jerusalem have expanded by 60% since Donald Trump became US president in 2017.
No I don't live there, do you? I was there about six years ago. Here, let me help you. The "Old Muslim Quarter" is within the old city walls of Jerusalem. It is basically the north eastern section of old Jerusalem. The 'seam line' passes right through the old City on a north-south axis, making the Muslim quarter technically in East Jerusalem. But nothing there is being torn down.

The Arabs fought with the British to get rid of the Ottomans.
As did the Jews. The British promised an independent nation to both the Jews and the Arabs. When Britain split Jordan off of their mandate for Palestine, they satisfied their promise to the Arabs. The Arabs did not like that as they did not want the Jews there.

No I don't live there, do you? I was there about six years ago. Here, let me help you. The "Old Muslim Quarter" is within the old city walls of Jerusalem. It is basically the north eastern section of old Jerusalem. The 'seam line' passes right through the old City on a north-south axis, making the Muslim quarter technically in East Jerusalem. But nothing there is being torn down.

I made 3 two week trips with my Sunday School class before 1967.

As did the Jews. The British promised an independent nation to both the Jews and the Arabs. When Britain split Jordan off of their mandate for Palestine, they satisfied their promise to the Arabs. The Arabs did not like that as they did not want the Jews there.

Jews didn't fight against the Turks. Jordan was founded in 1921.

Arabs didn't like their population doubling with European immigrants.

But your LA Times link is talking about new construction.....

He said that those who built houses along the separation barrier “took the law into their own hands.”

According to the United Nations, some 20 people already living in the buildings were being displaced, while 350 owners of properties that were under construction or not yet inhabited were also affected.

Then you must have seen the destruction of the Jewish quarter by Jordan.

Then you must have seen the destruction of the Jewish quarter by Jordan.

Look at your source. The Muslims and Christians protected all the sites of the patriarchs for 2000 years.

Jews didn't fight against the Turks. Jordan was founded in 1921.

Arabs didn't like their population doubling with European immigrants.
They didn't?
And yes Jordan was founded in 1921. During the British Mandate period. Britain keeping their promise to the Arabs for an independent nation out of the lands that Britain conquered from the Ottoman empire.

Look at your source. The Muslims and Christians protected all the sites of the patriarchs for 2000 years.
That claim is not in the article I posted. What is there is that the buildings in the Jewish quarter that weren't destroyed had dead bodies, bodies that Jordan did not bother to remove. The Jewish cemetary on the slope of the Mount of Olives was desecrated by Jordan to use the stones for mortar positions and other uses.

That claim is not in the article I posted. What is there is that the buildings in the Jewish quarter that weren't destroyed had dead bodies, bodies that Jordan did not bother to remove. The Jewish cemetary on the slope of the Mount of Olives was desecrated by Jordan to use the stones for mortar positions and other uses.

The cemetary on the slope of Mt of Olives was fine the times I was there. Peaceful and orderly.

Forum List

Back