25% of Feds Would Consider Leaving Their Jobs if Trump Becomes President

The vast majority of federal workers are competent and faithful public servants.

It is the head of the snake that is taking our nation into a hole it might not ever recover from, not the rank and file federali.

Whether that is true or not, is debatable.

When I walk into the USPS, and need to mail one small letter, and there is 20 people in line, and 5 teller stations, but only 1 teller.... and 2 guys right behind standing there talking about where they are going to eat after work.... and the one person working, is taking a half hour to calculate the weight charge........

Vast majority... of what? 3 out of 3 so far are incompetent.

When I go to the BMV, and so 40 people waiting, and 2 tellers open, and 5 people talking and doing nothing.....

Again..... Not seeing it man.

When I worked at the auto parts store, I was expected to drop everything, and ring out a customer the moment...> THE MOMENT < they walked up to the counter.

And by "drop everything".. I mean EVERYTHING..... If I was eating lunch, I was expected to stop eating... ring out the customers, and then go back to eating.

So when you say they are all angelic employees..... not seeing it.
When you compare government bureaucracy to private business in operation styles and methods, you are really comparing apples to oranges. They h ave entirely different goals and means to them that prevents rational comparison.

So the goal is to waste my entire after-noon, and make everyone miserable, while people do nothing talking about what their going to do after wasting our time collecting their union wages, and going home?

And you want this same system in charge of health care?

Because USPS, does basically the same function as FedEx.... with the difference being my stuff shows up on time, and I'm in and out of the FedEx store in under 10 minutes.

The fact that it's an apples to oranges comparison is kind of MY point. I'm paying that union government employee out of my tax money, to treat me like I don't exist.

You are right... there is no comparison. That's why I want them all laid off, my taxes reduced, and I'll pay people who treat me well, for services I want.

Agreed. Last week I sent a dirty letter to the post office about their incompetent workers. I don't think delivering mail is that hard. Just match the name on the envelope to the name on the mailbox. They don't have anybody that can do that on a regular basis. Me and my tenants have to meet to exchange mail and sometimes we have to go several doors down to give those people their mail.

Do you think the PO did anything about the situation? Hell no. They didn't even respond to my e-mail. My neighbors and tenants had the same experience when they called our local post office and Post Master General.

Nobody cares. Why should they? Where else are you going to go? They have a monopoly and it's not legal for any private industry to deliver first class mail. It HAS to go through the post office.

The thing is, if the PO was under competition for business, they would have to fire their illiterate workers who can't do the job or lose their customers to a real business.

I actually think this is a wonderful thing, but I will still never vote for Trump for president.

One in four federal workers would consider leaving their jobs if Trump were elected president, according to a new survey conducted by the Government Business Council, Government Executive Media Group’s research arm. About 14 percent of respondents said they would definitely consider leaving federal service under President Trump, while an additional 11 percent said they might. The findings indicate those leaving government would come from agencies' top ranks, as a majority of respondents were in General Schedule positions GS-13 and higher.

It's the first real argument I've heard on how he will shrink the size of government

The vast majority of federal workers are competent and faithful public servants.

It is the head of the snake that is taking our nation into a hole it might not ever recover from, not the rank and file federali.

When I walk into the USPS, and need to mail one small letter, and there is 20 people in line, and 5 teller stations, but only 1 teller.... and 2 guys right behind standing there talking about where they are going to eat after work.... and the one person working, is taking a half hour to calculate the weight charge........

When I go to the BMV, and so 40 people waiting, and 2 tellers open, and 5 people talking and doing nothing.....

When I worked at the auto parts store, I was expected to drop everything, and ring out a customer the moment...> THE MOMENT < they walked up to the counter.

And by "drop everything".. I mean EVERYTHING..... If I was eating lunch, I was expected to stop eating... ring out the customers, and then go back to eating.

When you compare government bureaucracy to private business in operation styles and methods, you are really comparing apples to oranges. They h ave entirely different goals and means to them that prevents rational comparison.

So the goal is to waste my entire after-noon, and make everyone miserable, while people do nothing talking about what their going to do after wasting our time collecting their union wages, and going home?

Because USPS, does basically the same function as FedEx.... with the difference being my stuff shows up on time, and I'm in and out of the FedEx store in under 10 minutes.

The fact that it's an apples to oranges comparison is kind of MY point. I'm paying that union government employee out of my tax money, to treat me like I don't exist.

You are right... there is no comparison. That's why I want them all laid off, my taxes reduced, and I'll pay people who treat me well, for services I want.

Agreed. Last week I sent a dirty letter to the post office about their incompetent workers. I don't think delivering mail is that hard. Just match the name on the envelope to the name on the mailbox. They don't have anybody that can do that on a regular basis. Me and my tenants have to meet to exchange mail and sometimes we have to go several doors down to give those people their mail.

Do you think the PO did anything about the situation? Hell no. They didn't even respond to my e-mail. My neighbors and tenants had the same experience when they called our local post office and Post Master General.

Nobody cares. Why should they? Where else are you going to go? They have a monopoly and it's not legal for any private industry to deliver first class mail. It HAS to go through the post office.

The thing is, if the PO was under competition for business, they would have to fire their illiterate workers who can't do the job or lose their customers to a real business.

We have a few mail delivery issues out here too, but nothing like that, and I am on a semi-rural route. You should write tot he Inspector Generals office with your information as they are the ones set up to oversea this type of thing.

You might also try being civil in the letter too so people dont think you are just some lying jack ass.

None of the government agencies I have worked with were so inefficient or low in morale. They were all on the ball and focused on doing their jobs. Intra-office politics saw to that if not government discipline.

No, actually I do not.

There are things that the government does best, for example to use UPS and FedEx, there are places that FedEx doesnt serve but USPS and the Post office do. The government serves everyone regardless of profitability.

Two different creatures that serve entirely different goals and methods, but neither of which are unneeded.

None of the government agencies I have worked with were so inefficient or low in morale. They were all on the ball and focused on doing their jobs. Intra-office politics saw to that if not government discipline.

Right now I'm trying to get a plan under Commie Care. I purchased health insurance only to find out they don't cover preexisting conditions like DumBama lied to us about. Let me explain how on the ball and focused they are.

For starters, trying to find somebody that speaks fluent English is the first challenge. Almost impossible when you call Commie Care because every one of their employees are a minority. You might be able to make out what they are saying in person, but not on a cell phone.

Because you can't understand what they are saying, they can't understand what you are saying either, so to explain a simple matter, it takes you ten minutes because you have to keep repeating yourself and trying to confirm they understand you.

When that's finally accomplished, they transfer you to another person, and you start all over again. When they get what you're saying, they tell you that you have the wrong department and somebody will call you back which they've never done in the last three times I've talked to them.

Contact your federal congressman who should be glad to help you.

Frankly I do not believe your allegations. What you have described in regard to your mail delivery and the Obama health insurance is so out of line that I cant help but think that you are simply making it all up.

Last edited:
I actually think this is a wonderful thing, but I will still never vote for Trump for president.

One in four federal workers would consider leaving their jobs if Trump were elected president, according to a new survey conducted by the Government Business Council, Government Executive Media Group’s research arm. About 14 percent of respondents said they would definitely consider leaving federal service under President Trump, while an additional 11 percent said they might. The findings indicate those leaving government would come from agencies' top ranks, as a majority of respondents were in General Schedule positions GS-13 and higher.

Awesome news. :D

:cuckoo:

No, actually I do not.

There are things that the government does best, for example to use UPS and FedEx, there are places that FedEx doesnt serve but USPS and the Post office do. The government serves everyone regardless of profitability.

Two different creatures that serve entirely different goals and methods, but neither of which are unneeded.

Right now I'm trying to get a plan under Commie Care. I purchased health insurance only to find out they don't cover preexisting conditions like DumBama lied to us about. Let me explain how on the ball and focused they are.

For starters, trying to find somebody that speaks fluent English is the first challenge. Almost impossible when you call Commie Care because every one of their employees are a minority. You might be able to make out what they are saying in person, but not on a cell phone.

Because you can't understand what they are saying, they can't understand what you are saying either, so to explain a simple matter, it takes you ten minutes because you have to keep repeating yourself and trying to confirm they understand you.

When that's finally accomplished, they transfer you to another person, and you start all over again. When they get what you're saying, they tell you that you have the wrong department and somebody will call you back which they've never done in the last three times I've talked to them.

Frankly I do not believe your allegations. What you have described in regard to your mail delivery and the Obama health insurance is so out of line that I cant help but think that you are simply making it all up.

The ACA requires that people not be excluded from coverage due to pre-existing conditions. If anyone isn't covering him because of one, they're breaking the law

why would it be wonderful?

oh right... the federal government wouldn't function.

It doesn't now.... at least at a productive & helpful level.

You gotta love the people here that crap their pants at the mere thought the Feds might shutdown for a few days... it has happened many times and then ends result is always the same. NOTHING.

Lol, bear513 laughed at that post that merely pointed out the obvious.

What so funny about pointing out OBVIOUS differences between the government services and private sector services, Nimrod?

it is called auto budget balancing

a good thing

Those federal workers have nowhere to go. The Federal government has consumed everything. There are no other jobs.

You gotta love the people here that crap their pants at the mere thought the Feds might shutdown for a few days... it has happened many times and then ends result is always the same. NOTHING.

That's why they crap their pants. The more the government shuts down, the more people realize they don't need it.

No, actually I do not.

You can believe what you want, but I have no reason to lie. If you want to prove it to yourself, try calling Commie Care and applying and you'll see what I mean. I've called them six times already and still nothing is solved. The first lady I spoke to had such an accent, I thought I heard roosters in the background. She hung up on me when I told her I couldn't understand a word she was saying and asked if I could speak to somebody that spoke fluent English.

No, actually I do not.

The ACA requires that people not be excluded from coverage due to pre-existing conditions. If anyone isn't covering him because of one, they're breaking the law

That's what I thought. Go to the web site and see for yourself. It's not against the law with most companies.

We have a few mail delivery issues out here too, but nothing like that, and I am on a semi-rural route. You should write tot he Inspector Generals office with your information as they are the ones set up to oversea this type of thing.

You might also try being civil in the letter too so people dont think you are just some lying jack ass.

They have no reason to believe that. On the form, they ask if you want to be contacted, I checked yes. They asked for my phone number and I gave it to them. They asked if I would want a meeting to resolve the problem and again, I checked yes. I even gave them my e-mail address.

Haven't heard from them since. Now if I were to lodge a similar complaint to UPS or FedEx, they would be contacting me the next day, I guarantee that.

12661810_960804037333141_1252856402832170653_n.jpg

Forum List

Back