27,000 gun owners in once place...

Without bothering to vet the term "most" and accepting it for the sake of argument, what do any and all of these elements, as well as, say, Mafioso, outer city thugs, larcenists, bank robbers, suicidists and of course mass shooters of innocents, all have in common?

Gun Culture. The perverse dogma that all the answers to controlling people, robbing people, getting revenge on people, and most prominently "defending oneself", lies in the worship of Almighty Gun. And that's what makes it cultural.

Which brings us back to the OP and his fawning masturbatory fantasy image of (see title above), treating worship of said Almighty Gun as if some kind of sacred pilgrimage to Mecca. Not to mention actually NAMING HIMSELF after his god. That speaks heavily of values, hence, culture.
…with the understanding that what constitutes gun culture is in no manner representative of gunowners in general; that those who practice gun culture make up but a tiny minority.

The vast majority of gunowners reject the demagoguery, sophistry, and lies the product of the gun culture, this thread being one of many examples.

Indeed, gun cult would be a more accurate and appropriate description.

Point well taken. I lean to culture because it's so widespread and pervasive, as opposed to cult which generally indicates a fringe element far out of the mainstream. While rational beings assess that hyperventilating over instruments of violence should be out of the mainstream values, and is the case in most of the corners of the earth, the numbers would indicate the disease is considerably more widespread in specifically this country and culture. This (national) culture is one that bizarrely fantasizes and emulates violence and death and the firearm is still its instrument of choice. Hence, Culture of Death, Culture of Violence, Culture of Guns, all apply synonymously.
"...hyperventilating over instruments of violence..."

Oh, you mean like you do, in fear over the painting of a fictional character holding firearms in my avatar?

PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN rings hollow when it comes from abortion supporters. Run along now, boy.

Nope, actually I mean in the real world. Fictional characters and graphic representations can't mete out physical harm.

The reference to your avatar is that it's yet another manifestation of the same cultural value. There's nothing about "fear" in that. It's psychoanalysis of what you project. If you think your projection is stoking "fear" you're sadly mistaken.

We use such imagery to present ourselves to the world as we'd like our values to be perceived. That's why I have the avatar I have and you have the one you have. Feel free to analyze this
You grossly misunderstand his avatar.

Do you even know who that is?

It seems he's mentioned what it is in the past but I don't recall, nor do I care, it's not the point.

Does he know what my avatar is? I doubt it. Nor do I expect him to --- it's what's being expressed in it, not who's in it or who painted it.

I've explained it to him before. He still doesn't know. He sees guns, he gets scared.

Once again ..... simply noting what's going on in a symbol doesn't amount to "fear". If you note what's going on in my avatar shall we all conclude you're "scared" of music?

…with the understanding that what constitutes gun culture is in no manner representative of gunowners in general; that those who practice gun culture make up but a tiny minority.

The vast majority of gunowners reject the demagoguery, sophistry, and lies the product of the gun culture, this thread being one of many examples.

Point well taken. I lean to culture because it's so widespread and pervasive, as opposed to cult which generally indicates a fringe element far out of the mainstream. While rational beings assess that hyperventilating over instruments of violence should be out of the mainstream values, and is the case in most of the corners of the earth, the numbers would indicate the disease is considerably more widespread in specifically this country and culture. This (national) culture is one that bizarrely fantasizes and emulates violence and death and the firearm is still its instrument of choice. Hence, Culture of Death, Culture of Violence, Culture of Guns, all apply synonymously.

Oh, you mean like you do, in fear over the painting of a fictional character holding firearms in my avatar?

PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN rings hollow when it comes from abortion supporters. Run along now, boy.

Nope, actually I mean in the real world. Fictional characters and graphic representations can't mete out physical harm.

The reference to your avatar is that it's yet another manifestation of the same cultural value. There's nothing about "fear" in that. It's psychoanalysis of what you project. If you think your projection is stoking "fear" you're sadly mistaken.

We use such imagery to present ourselves to the world as we'd like our values to be perceived. That's why I have the avatar I have and you have the one you have. Feel free to analyze this

It seems he's mentioned what it is in the past but I don't recall, nor do I care, it's not the point.

Does he know what my avatar is? I doubt it. Nor do I expect him to --- it's what's being expressed in it, not who's in it or who painted it.

I've explained it to him before. He still doesn't know. He sees guns, he gets scared.

Once again ..... simply noting what's going on in a symbol doesn't amount to "fear". If you note what's going on in my avatar shall we all conclude you're "scared" of music?
GUNS BOOGA BOOGA

GUNS BOOGA BOOGA

Music: Boogie Boogie. :eusa_dance:

The point is that you have no idea what is expressed in it. You are making a rather in depth conclusion about something that you are utterly ignorant of.

GUNS BOOGA BOOGA

Nobody ever defended their lives and their liberty with music.

The point is that you have no idea what is expressed in it. You are making a rather in depth conclusion about something that you are utterly ignorant of.

Not at all. I didn't even bring up what is expressed in it. You did that. I'm not interested.

GUNS BOOGA BOOGA

:lol:

How the Colombian Army Sent a Coded Message to Hostages Using a Pop Song

Not at all. I didn't even bring up what is expressed in it. You did that. I'm not interested.
I know, it was a whole page ago.

The reference to your avatar is that it's yet another manifestation of the same cultural value. There's nothing about "fear" in that. It's psychoanalysis of what you project. If

The reference to your avatar is that it's yet another manifestation of the same cultural value. There's nothing about "fear" in that. It's psychoanalysis of what you project. If

That's irrelevant to "who that is" ---- which is what you brought up. I don't know, or care, who it is. It doesn't matter. He may not know who that is in my avatar either, and that doesn't matter either.

GUNS BOOGA BOOGA

:lol:

How the Colombian Army Sent a Coded Message to Hostages Using a Pop Song
That's awesome. Doesn't dispute at all what I said, though...and I would point out that the commandos meeting escaped hostages didn't have guitars -- they had guns.

... most of them armed...
... a good many of them armed with 'assault weapons'...
... and no one died.
In fact, no one was shot.
In FACT, no one was hurt - AND the demonstrators cleaned up after themselves.

If guns are the problem, why did yesterday's demonstration go off just like it would if no one had a gun?

so you do NOT want to start a civil war and use those very same weapons to kill liberals?

when you say "we've got all he guns" I don't actually have to worry because you have no intention of using them?

... and no one died.

If guns are the problem, why did yesterday's demonstration go off just like it would if no one had a gun?

so you do NOT want to start a civil war and use those very same weapons to kill liberals?

when you say "we've got all he guns" I don't actually have to worry because you have no intention of using them?
If there is a civil war in America, conservatives won't be the ones starting it.

... and no one died.
No one wants a civil war.
And with one side more than willing and able to clean the other side's clock, there won't be one.

That's irrelevant to "who that is" ---- which is what you brought up. I don't know, or care, who it is. It doesn't matter. He may not know who that is in my avatar either, and that doesn't matter either.
Nice try.

You still make the assertion that there is something expressed in the avatar while knowing absolutely nothing about it.

Nice try.

You still make the assertion that there is something expressed in the avatar while knowing absolutely nothing about it.

There's something expressed in every image. Yours too, which I've always thought is kinda cool. It suggests rumination.

You're apparently trying to plug deeper meaning into whatever the biography of the image is. That's irrelevant. What I have, what we all have, is just the image. Period.

I could tell you the biography of my image but again it wouldn't be relevant to anything. It's what the image is, not where it came from. My image isn't saying "José Malhoa, O Fado, Portugal, 1910". It's just saying "music". You don't need to know about the derivation of the painting to get the point.

Last edited:
... and no one died.

Because your strawman shot hisself in da haid.

"Guns" are not the problem. Nobody said that.

Gun Culture is. And that btw is not "Politics". It's social mores.

Speaking of which, hey, check your thread title. And please, don't get no jizz on the floor.

Every Democrat blames guns, God you guys lie so much

Once AGAIN --- nobody but the OP tried to suggest "blaming guns". Once AGAIN that's why it's a strawman.

gun culture?

oh so your blaming movies, tv, video games and music then?

Once AGAIN --- go read my posts from the day I got here, don't act stupid.

Hell it's right over your head in the title of this thread.

Maybe way over your head.
Ok, so we don't need gun control, and there is no reason to sue gun manufacturers....I agree.....now go tell the democrats that.

Been doing that since I got here. Thanks for noticing.

Well good, apparently they are really stupid, good luck!

Nice try.

There's something expressed in every image. Yours too, which I've always thought is kinda cool. It suggests rumination.

You're apparently trying to plug deeper meaning into whatever the biography of the image is. That's irrelevant. What I have, what we all have, is just the image. Period.

I could tell you the biography of my image but again it wouldn't be relevant to anything. It's what the image is, not where it came from. My image isn't saying "José Malhoa, O Fado, Portugal, 1910". It's just saying "music". You don't need to know about the derivation of the painting to get the point.
Yes, all we have is the image. However, YOU are making the assertion that such an image is part of a culture without any idea what the image is actually representing. Because YOU see it as rooted in gun culture is more of a reflection on you than it is on anyone else.

For instance, you are nowhere close to my avatar, which is a balrog, as it has nothing to do whatsoever with rumination.

That you assert one image is part of or suggestive of gun culture does not make it so. Everything image that contains a drawn weapon is not an expression of gun culture.

Nice try.

Yes, all we have is the image. However, YOU are making the assertion that such an image is part of a culture without any idea what the image is actually representing. Because YOU see it as rooted in gun culture is more of a reflection on you than it is on anyone else.

For instance, you are nowhere close to my avatar, which is a balrog, as it has nothing to do whatsoever with rumination.

That you assert one image is part of or suggestive of gun culture does not make it so. Everything image that contains a drawn weapon is not an expression of gun culture.

See, there again -- I don't need to know the derivation of your avatar to take an impression. This isn't a damn quiz. Actually it reminds me of whatzername, the poster with the caterpillar smoking the hookah.

Just as you don't need to know the derivation of my music avi (on hiatus for the moment) to get that it's about music, just as you don't need to know the derivation of Dave's image to see he's brandishing guns. It's all right there in front of the eye, paralysis through analysis isn't required here at all.

Now if anyone takes an interest in my avatar and inquires about it, I'll happily tell them where it comes from/what it's about, but I don't NEED everybody to know --- because it's not the point. Avatars demonstrate character --- that character we would wish to project. Yours (to me) projects rumination and wisdom. Mine projects music. Dave's projects terroristic threats. These are all choices we make, choices that reflect our own values.

Nice try.

See, there again -- I don't need to know the derivation of your avatar to take an impression. This isn't a damn quiz. Actually it reminds me of whatzername, the poster with the caterpillar smoking the hookah.

Just as you don't need to know the derivation of my music avi (on hiatus for the moment) to get that it's about music, just as you don't need to know the derivation of Dave's image to see he's brandishing guns. It's all right there in front of the eye, paralysis through analysis isn't required here at all.

Now if anyone takes an interest in my avatar and inquires about it, I'll happily tell them where it comes from/what it's about, but I don't NEED everybody to know --- because it's not the point. Avatars demonstrate character --- that character we would wish to project. Yours (to me) projects rumination and wisdom. Mine projects music. Dave's projects terroristic threats. These are all choices we make, choices that reflect our own values.
"Terroristic threats"?

What a sissy bedwetter you are.

The character in my avatar is the last of his kind, a knight in the service of good. His name, Roland, comes from a line in Shakespeare's "King Lear". In Roland's world, the gunslingers (whose mythos is based on the King Arthur legend) protect the people of Roland's world against the forces of chaos who seek the destruction of all worlds, all universes, whose nexus is the Dark Tower, also referencing "Lear", and the goal of Roland's quest.

Hear that, you sissy bedwetter? You're afraid of the good guy trying to save an entire mutiverse.

But you see guns and you piss your pants in fear. And now that I've educated you, nothing will change. You need to stop pretending that your ignorance is righteous, and your limited knowledge defines reality. But you won't, because you're a pompous windbag.

Also from Shakespeare:

There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.​

You fuckin' pussy. That's what I'm going to correctly call you every time you whine about my avatar.

Forum List

Back