🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

3 Statistics About Social Security That Are Frightening

Social Security is a lost cause, less people are putting less in, more people are taking more out. How can that be a good thing? Why not move on to bigger and better things?
. Did the corruption/fall out in the economy also contribute to the debacle over the years, and if so why wasn't it insulated from the economic bubbles or corruption if had anything to do with it ?

Typically, we hear a lot of drama and get a lot of hand-wringing over the possibility of benefit cuts 16 years in the future. Comically enough most of the articles are talking about a fairly benign impact.

Here are three stats to worry about :

The Social Security Shortfall Is Growing Three Times Faster Than the US Economy.

In other words, the hole in the program’s finances is growing at three times the rate of our ability to fill it.

People Turning 70 Today expect to Be Alive When Benefits are Reduced

The problem of Social Security hasn't been about those 40 and younger in decades. Here is the SSA's life expectancy calcuator : Calculators: Life Expectancy

In 2016, The Program Lost More Money Than It Collected

We could have reduced benefits to zero for the entire year of 2016, and the program would have finished the year in worse shape than it started. "Loss" here is looking at the $ value of promises that we believe will go unfulfilled.

If you want the details, here is my article, but the stats are pretty simple.

No Way Around Sorry Shape Social Security Is In

If you want to dumbed down version with nonetheless all the information anyone should need, here it is:

Social security is the worst government program conceived and one of the worst/ most evil ideas of the 20th century.
In a nation where the extreme wealthy are protected and receive enormous benefits from government,helping the middle class doesn’t seem so unjust.

How is enslaving the children "helping" them?

Thanks for the help bro, but it isn't appreciated! I bet that this guy is one of those folks who can't help even himself, yet talks about how others should be helped.

Also the extremely wealthy mostly pay taxes and do not get as much in return, unless talking about the likes of Hillary Clinton who has figured out ways to game the tax-payer money. Social security would be one of her tools.
If take away SS, you will have the elderly panhandling. Not good.

The wealthy should pay most of the taxes. They have the money and many of them use connections to government to earn huge sums.

If you take away social security, people will save for their retirement.

The kids won't have to be enslaved.

Brilliant idea! Why didn't you think of this before? I think you may be getting there once your message is transformed so that it makes sense.

I do understand there is an issue though. Lot of people will realize that the so called free shit they have had was not free after all. These are the democrat voters who are still dumb enough to believe that free shit exists, because of the brilliant indoctrination of your masters.

Typically, we hear a lot of drama and get a lot of hand-wringing over the possibility of benefit cuts 16 years in the future. Comically enough most of the articles are talking about a fairly benign impact.

The Social Security Shortfall Is Growing Three Times Faster Than the US Economy.

In other words, the hole in the program’s finances is growing at three times the rate of our ability to fill it.

The problem of Social Security hasn't been about those 40 and younger in decades. Here is the SSA's life expectancy calcuator : Calculators: Life Expectancy

We could have reduced benefits to zero for the entire year of 2016, and the program would have finished the year in worse shape than it started. "Loss" here is looking at the $ value of promises that we believe will go unfulfilled.

If you want to dumbed down version with nonetheless all the information anyone should need, here it is:

Social security is the worst government program conceived and one of the worst/ most evil ideas of the 20th century.
In a nation where the extreme wealthy are protected and receive enormous benefits from government,helping the middle class doesn’t seem so unjust.

Thanks for the help bro, but it isn't appreciated! I bet that this guy is one of those folks who can't help even himself, yet talks about how others should be helped.

Also the extremely wealthy mostly pay taxes and do not get as much in return, unless talking about the likes of Hillary Clinton who has figured out ways to game the tax-payer money. Social security would be one of her tools.

The wealthy should pay most of the taxes. They have the money and many of them use connections to government to earn huge sums.

Brilliant idea! Why didn't you think of this before? I think you may be getting there once your message is transformed so that it makes sense.

I do understand there is an issue though. Lot of people will realize that the so called free shit they have had was not free after all.
I don’t buy enslaved young people. They pay into the system so they get their benefits when they retire. Baby boomers never thought it would be there for them, when they were young. But it is.

Last edited:

It is the sacred cow that the Demorats won’t allow us to touch. When any one does like Ryan, he is demonized as hating old people so the rats can win elections.

Fact of the matter, the Chilean “forced” private system is proven to produce the most retirement money and it is something we need to move towards.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I do understand there is an issue though. Lot of people will realize that the so called free shit they have had was not free after all. These are the democrat voters who are still dumb enough to believe that free shit exists, because of the brilliant indoctrination of your masters.
. What free crap you talking about ? I and my wife paid into this thing for all of our working lives, and we get nothing in return ?? I say nothing because the way it is set up, it hopes that we die before we draw a dime of it out. This is pure corruption is what it is.

I do understand there is an issue though. Lot of people will realize that the so called free shit they have had was not free after all.
I don’t buy enslaved young people. They pay into the system so they get their benefits when they retire. Baby boomers never thought it would be there for them, when they were young. But it is.

And yet, the social security taxes are higher than many countries than what slaves paid.

No one gives a shit what you think or believe. You clearly do not even understand how social security works. You don't pay into any system...

You give the money to politicians who use it to enrich themselves, and hope that the future politicians steal the money from your children so that you can retire. That's social security. It's the retirement plan for evil sadistic people.

Anyway, back to reality...

The tweaks are obvious, and the only question will be the specific numbers involved.

Last edited:

. What free crap you talking about ? I and my wife paid into this thing for all of our working lives, and we get nothing in return ?? I say nothing because the way it is set up, it hopes that we die before we draw a dime of it out. This is pure corruption is what it is.

You didn't pay into shit. You were conned by the politicians. They spent all the money you paid "into" the "system".

Now it's time for them to enslave your children. Someone has to pay for the lie.

:whip::whip:

You didn't pay into shit. You were conned by the politicians. They spent all the money you paid "into" the "system".

Now it's time for them to enslave your children. Someone has to pay for the lie.

. Shouldn't we get a statement from government upon what the money was used for ?

. Shouldn't we get a statement from government upon what the money was used for ?

Yes, you are already receiving it. It's called "the budget". Thanks for participating!

Yes, you are already receiving it. It's called "the budget". Thanks for participating!
. What does that tell us ?

The boomers aren't able to retire because of the past corruption, so the system is locking out the younger generation that is to take over the workforce because the boomers are working way to long now. We are getting a bottlenecking affect because of the bullcrap, and the bottle neck needs to be cleared up so we can get these millennials working and the boomers retired. What ever it takes, it needs to be worked on.

Thanks to Accounting Rules, which have zero to do with reality, social benefits will never disappear.

Just stop spending (really wasting) TRILLIONS on the war machine and empire building.

Problem fixed.

Thanks for your thoughts, but you can cut the government's spending to zero and Social Security is unaffected. It still goes bust at the same time.
Wrong. Just stop war spending and transfer those trillions to SS.

Then, when the economy tanks because North Korea nukes someone, then what happens?

Just stop spending (really wasting) TRILLIONS on the war machine and empire building.

Problem fixed.

Thanks for your thoughts, but you can cut the government's spending to zero and Social Security is unaffected. It still goes bust at the same time.

Now you have a new thought that is equally misguided. You want to get a new channel of revenue one that could be used to pay down the staggering debt that we have run up. You want to bail-out SS, and others will want to pay down the debt. Others will want to use the savings to pay for restructuring student loans. Others will have other priorities. You can't sensibly make the needs of the elderly just a political priority. Or it is only a matter of time until other priorities win out.

The program as intended was one where workers pay for their benefits. Then it was one where benefits are financed from parents to children. When you use GF subsidies to pay off these obligations, it is the children of children. Just be aware that when those people get the right to vote don't be surprised when they say no.
Not really. The criminal politicians stole from the SS fund, why not pay it back?

I have addressed this 3 times. On a simple level, every projection for the program regardless of source assumes that every penny will be repaid with interest. Why? because it is lunacy to consider any alternative. No serious analysis treats the theft as plausible. Why? There is not anything to steal. The Social Security Trustees are not a biased source. Today the Trust Fund is around $2.9 trillion - of which $2 trillion is interest and another $650 billion is general fund subsidies TO the system. This isn't where they are taking money from the program. Congress is putting it in.

This program is where it is because voters aren't paying attention. We have cliches, like the nonsense that stop spending money on war and everything is fine. Solutions in the fewest words possible. These people present a complete impasse on reasoned discussion.

The only way that you are suggesting a serious thoughtful idea is if the SSA is a front for the largest conspiracy in the history of man. It would dwarf the conspiracy required to fake the lunar landing. Just to make sure you understand your contribution. You believe that Obama covered for Bush, who covered for Clinton, who covered for GWB Sr. To me that is a little implausible to swallow.

You can explain it a hundred times and Gipper will not get it. He is an idiot.

Problem fixed.

. Why we are still in Afghanistan just boggles the mind really.

OK, let's leave right now and Al Qaeda/Taliban/ISIS will take over the country in a matter of weeks. Is that what you really want?

We are learning if one is middle class one should expect to live in harsh times. That is reality. Perhaps things here aren't so great. Imagine sifting thrioughtheanti american rhetoric and figuring this out.

Forum List

Back