304,000 New Jobs Added in January!

Depending on which news networks you watch, you may or may not hear about this, but the Department of Labor's BLS just announced that last month the economy added a whopping 304,000 new jobs, including 13,000 new manufacturing jobs. It may seem odd, but the unemployment rate actually edged up slightly, but this was only because of the federal workers who were furloughed during the government shutdown.

Each month the Labor Department's BLS releases a monthly report on the employment situation, and the report for last month was released today. Here is the report:

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

This is NOTHING to do with a 'Trump' economy. Just like before that it had nothing to do with the 'Obama' economy.

This is the Fed's economy...PERIOD.

Look at December, the Fed keeps raising rates, the markets panic.

January? The Fed backs off, the markets sing.

The economy is - and has been for over 10 years - driven almost entirely by the Federal Reserve stimulating it (through ZIRP and QE).

If you don't know that - you don't know the macroeconomic situation of America.

Ok, if you say so pocket rocket. So the conclusion is using your formula is simple if we take it at face value——> Trump put up a far better Fed Chief than Obysmal.

Score one for the Trumpster, if anyone believes your cockamamie spin, lol

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

How did Trump put up a better Fed Chief? He has caved on normalizing rates. He is no better than Bernanke or Yellen.

And where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that my theory is 'cockamamie'? Not theories...PROOF.

Here is a tiny fraction of the evidence that what I said is true...from people that know a HELL of a lot more about economics than you do:

The Fed Has Undermined The Economy's Ability to Grow
The Fed Has Hurt Business Investment
Fed 'Stimulus' Has Made Inequality Worse, Hurt Economic Growth

I doubt you even understood my theory fully.

Okay, Mr. Economy....what was the major cause of the rise of the equity markets since early 2009...if not the Fed's ZIRP and QE? And why has the economy grown under 3% overall (including under Trump) since 2009...yet the equity markets have boomed?
And why is the M2 Money Velocity at BY FAR it's lowest level for generations?

fredgraph.png

I also doubt you even know what this chart means.

Well? Come on Mr. Economy...tell us all. How is my - and many other's - theory wrong? Let us all bask in your macroeconomic wisdom.
The chart clearly illustrates Obama failed. But we knew that.

Where did I say he succeeded? He failed and GWB failed before him and Trump is failing as well...as all of them appointed Dove's to lead the Fed.

And I doubt you understand what the chart actually means (without looking it up).
The chart depicts Obama's failure. It indicates nothing on Trump.

This is NOTHING to do with a 'Trump' economy. Just like before that it had nothing to do with the 'Obama' economy.

This is the Fed's economy...PERIOD.

Look at December, the Fed keeps raising rates, the markets panic.

January? The Fed backs off, the markets sing.

The economy is - and has been for over 10 years - driven almost entirely by the Federal Reserve stimulating it (through ZIRP and QE).

If you don't know that - you don't know the macroeconomic situation of America.

Ok, if you say so pocket rocket. So the conclusion is using your formula is simple if we take it at face value——> Trump put up a far better Fed Chief than Obysmal.

How did Trump put up a better Fed Chief? He has caved on normalizing rates. He is no better than Bernanke or Yellen.

And where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that my theory is 'cockamamie'? Not theories...PROOF.

Here is a tiny fraction of the evidence that what I said is true...from people that know a HELL of a lot more about economics than you do:

Okay, Mr. Economy....what was the major cause of the rise of the equity markets since early 2009...if not the Fed's ZIRP and QE? And why has the economy grown under 3% overall (including under Trump) since 2009...yet the equity markets have boomed?

fredgraph.png

Well? Come on Mr. Economy...tell us all. How is my - and many other's - theory wrong? Let us all bask in your macroeconomic wisdom.

Where did I say he succeeded? He failed and GWB failed before him and Trump is failing as well...as all of them appointed Dove's to lead the Fed.

And I doubt you understand what the chart actually means (without looking it up).

LOL...you don't even know what it means.

It shows that both GWB and Obama's Feds' plunged the ratio to incredible lows...and that is a BAD thing.

And despite the fact that Trump has been in office for over 2 years, it is still dangerously low.

And the ONLY substantial reason it has stopped falling was because the Fed was raising rates/ending QE.

But Trump put a stop to that in December...which was a HUGE mistake.

Please stop wasting my time - you don't have a clue what I am talking about.
Either prove you DO know or buzz off and stop making a fool of yourself.

Why is the Fed responsible for the ratio falling? What is the Fed's 'full employment' mandate and why is it effecting the economy? What major corporation did the Fed bail out? How did QE work? How did it effect equities? Who is Helicopter Ben and why is he called that (an easy one)? What did Trump say about the Fed during the campaign?

I bet you know NONE of these answers without looking them up.

Last edited:

fredgraph.png

It shows that both GWB and Obama's Feds' plunged the ratio to incredible lows...and that is a BAD thing.

And despite the fact that Trump has been in office for over 2 years, it is still dangerously low.

And the ONLY substantial reason it has stopped falling was because the Fed was raising rates/ending QE.

Stop wasting my time - you don't have a clue what I am talking about.

Why is the Fed responsible for the ratio falling? What is the Fed's 'full employment' mandate and why is it effecting the economy? What major corporation did the Fed bail out?

305,000 jobs added! MAGA!

Your chart stops at 2016. It simply shows Obama sucked, but wht can one expect from a community organizer. Anal pain isn't going to make a bit of difference.

fredgraph.png

Why is the Fed responsible for the ratio falling? What is the Fed's 'full employment' mandate and why is it effecting the economy? What major corporation did the Fed bail out?

Your chart stops at 2016. It simply shows Obama sucked, but wht can one expect from a community organizer. Anal pain isn't going to make a bit of difference.

You could not answer even one of my EASY questions. You haven't a clue.

And check out these charts:

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Show me exactly how the U-3 and jobs numbers went WAY down/up respectively since Trump took office?

You cannot...because they did not.

And hello...this job number is not the final number...it still has months to be adjusted...just like the December jobs number fell.

Face it pal...you are out of your depth on macroeconomics.

Like the rest of the sheep...you just blindly believe whatever the MSM/your political heroes tell you to believe.

I am done wasting my time on you.

We are done here.

Have a nice day...and try learning about what it is you are commenting on.

Last edited:

You could not answer even one of my EASY questions. You haven't a clue.

And check out these charts:

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Show me exactly how the U-3 and jobs numbers went WAY down/up respectively since Trump took office?

You cannot...because they did not.

And hello...this job number is not the final number...it still has months to be adjusted...just like the December jobs number fell.

Face it pal...you are out of your depth on macroeconomics.

Like the rest of the sheep...you just blindly believe whatever the MSM/your political heroes tell you to believe.

I am done wasting my time on you.

We are done here.

Have a nice day...and try learning about what it is you are commenting on.
How can 304,000 new jobs be bad? Is it because fewer people will qualify for food stamps?

Depending on which news networks you watch, you may or may not hear about this, but the Department of Labor's BLS just announced that last month the economy added a whopping 304,000 new jobs, including 13,000 new manufacturing jobs. It may seem odd, but the unemployment rate actually edged up slightly, but this was only because of the federal workers who were furloughed during the government shutdown.

Each month the Labor Department's BLS releases a monthly report on the employment situation, and the report for last month was released today. Here is the report:

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
The Trump economy is doing well...but how many of these jobs were holiday hires? I would rather see solid long term manufacturing jobs return to the United States.

Forum List

Back