🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

40% of Americans-earth 10K years old

BTW the Bible was written by men inspired by God. I come to that conclusion by knowing the Bible contains 66 books written over a vast amount of time on three continents in three different languages with authors from every station in life. This ancient text includes matters of love, hate, death, sin, marriage, civil laws, and relationships with each other as well as with God. And although these works were written independently, they show an amazing congruency.
But only if you ignore the in-congruencies!

For example, the bible says the Earth is fixed and unmoving for ever, which would include the future end times. But the bible also says the Earth will surely move in the last days.

Ps 93:1 The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is established, that it cannot be moved.

Ps 96:10 Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved

Ps 104:5 the LORD hath founded the earth upon its own bases; it shall not be removed forever and ever

1 Ch 16: 30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Contradicted by

Isa 24:19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed

Lonestar's a joke at this point. He keeps asserting things that he can't back up...then saying he isn't trying to prove anything. He keeps attempting to prove that religion makes more sense....then saying he isn't trying to prove anything.

Wha???

red-donkulous

I never said the Bible was "exact truth". It is a book of growth. There are many lessons for those that would learn them.
I said as far as "creation" went that I would take the Lord's story for it over science's story. The rest of the Bible is lessons. Learn them if you will. If you want the "exact" truth, you will have to pray and ask for it (sometimes the answer is no). I believe that the parts of the Bible that relay conversations with the Lord are "fairly" accurate. It seems that any pieces of documentation from early histories support what is recorded. When it comes to the prophets, names can be the same or confused, but the lesson is what is important. It will help you become a better person.
There are holes in the history in the Bible. Some are recorded as what happened: Hebrews went to Egypt because they believed that men would help them more than the Lord would (didn't work to well, they became the Egyptians slaves) or when many of the Hebrew were taken into slavery by powerful kings in the area (because they did not obey the Lord). The Hebrews probably had one of the most accurate histories for that time period, but there were problems. What does science have from then (other that from archeology)?

so in essence you believe in creationism whether there is proof or not? and you refuse to believe in evolution because there is not enough proof?

what then is "enough proof"?

"so in essence you believe in creationism whether there is proof or not? and you refuse to believe in evolution because there is not enough proof?"
Yes, I have "faith" in the Lord. If He said He created all that we know, I believe Him.

"what then is "enough proof"?"

Consistancy within the scientific community. If something is dated to be X years old, that scientists don't come back and test it and claim the first test was "eons" off "their" test dates. A "consensus": the majority scientists agree that is how it was, not with twists, not with "if that happened", just a unified statement.

Remember, that under communism, many leaders, political & spiritual, touted communism as "the way". Those that opposed communism were killed. They were later proven correct in their analysis of the situation, but it did not help those that suffered under the leaders taking their communities and countries into a very bad place. "Evolution" can be used for the same purpose. As long as there is "diversity" of beliefs, it blocks leaders from taking communities and countries into the place where "some" men are held above all other men.

ok, so you agree that the bible can thus be interpreted any way the user chooses.

then why do we always heard that the word of god is unquestionable? if one has the ability to interpret the word of god any way he or she chooses, then how can the word of god be unquestionable?

This is off-topic. I will give you my opinion. The "word" of the Lord was set down by the ancients that lived in fear of the Lord. That "word" was interpreted into other languages or cultures using terms that could be understood by those. In time, those that had no fear of the Lord or hated Him manipulated the "word" to trick people (I believe evil beings actually appeared to some saying they were angels or "the way" with different versions) away from the Lord. The Lord works in mysterious ways: He can use "different" versions to teach those that learn differently (kind of like different branches of Christianity), some people would refuse to learn if you showed them how "fearful" the wrathful Lord was when giving out earned punishments or would have no respect of the might of Yeshua if only the Being of Love and Kindness was taught from the NT.
The "actual Word" of the Lord is unquestionable. That "Word" is Yeshua. That is not saying that you cannot ask questions, it is just His presentation is truth. The "written" word can be changed. The "Word" you is what you feel in your heart (the Word that comes thru prayer and meditation or contemplation is from the Holy Spirit, sent from Yeshua), and THAT "word" is unquestionalbe.
The above statement is not to be confused with the Jim Jones or Charles Manson types. It is very much about the individual relationship with the Lord and does not involve other people. If the voices are telling you to hurt someone, chances are, that is NOT the Lord.
Thank you for admitting that the bible is NOT the word of God!

Nu 25:4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.

1Sa 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Is 13: 15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.
16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

De 2:34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:

De 3:6 And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.

Ez 9: 5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women...

Hosea 13: 16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Psalms 137: 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Love how those that declare the Lord unjust want to use this as the example.

The people the Lord judged and ordered executed were in violation of the Laws against the Lord and the laws against men. Since the sins of the father were passed on, the children were also "guilty". The excecution of the "bullies on the block" by the "weaklings on the block" (the ex-slaves, the Israelites) was to demonstrate the power of the Lord. There was no way the ex-slaves could have won one single battle without the Lord, siding with them.

How terrible the crimes must have been for the Lord to order the total destruction of these cultures. Funny, you guys never want to discuss the children they burned alive during orgies dedicated to another god, Mollech. You don't want to talk about how the children screamed while their community partied. You want to talk about how it was wrong to judge them and execute them...... hmmm
Does that mean you support killing the young? Do you just support killing the very young (abortions)? No wonder that part of the Bible scares you.

Why do think that your decription of what happens with bacteria is more informed than....the people who have spent years studying the science?
That's like taking your car to a make-up artist (assuming the make-up artist has no car mechanic training) and trying to get the transmission fixed. You have an opinion..but your opinion is lest trustworthy than the guy with 3 phd's and 20 years in the field.

The arrogance is shockingly enormous.

Because I can read and I understand the difference between evolution and adaptation. Evolutionist blur this line.

Evolution in the context of biology is defined as a change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species.

The E.Coli bacteria example given did not change the bacteria into a new species, it remained E. Coli bacteria, albeit in mutated form. And the experiment wasn't a result of "natural selection".

The guy with 3 Phd's and 20 years in the field has a stake in convincing you his theories are correct, lest he lose his funding.

Less than 1 thousandth of one percent that test, study and teach evolution as fact receive any funding other than their teacher's salary.
You are narrow minded and believe nonsense.

I am not sure, does the government pay the teacher's salary?

Nah let's go back to the part where anyone who receives funding lies.

That's a retarded premise...one that you haven't proven.

oh wait...your kind doesn't prove anything...you just BAHLEEVE!! (whatevern religion you happen to be born to)

Because I can read and I understand the difference between evolution and adaptation. Evolutionist blur this line.

Evolution in the context of biology is defined as a change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species.

The E.Coli bacteria example given did not change the bacteria into a new species, it remained E. Coli bacteria, albeit in mutated form. And the experiment wasn't a result of "natural selection".

The guy with 3 Phd's and 20 years in the field has a stake in convincing you his theories are correct, lest he lose his funding.

Less than 1 thousandth of one percent that test, study and teach evolution as fact receive any funding other than their teacher's salary.
You are narrow minded and believe nonsense.

I am not sure, does the government pay the teacher's salary?

So you believe everyone that teaches evolution as fact is forced to do so because the government pays their salary?
You know that makes you look very foolish. Don't you?
Hate to bust your absurd thesis Moe but government does not pay the salary of private universities and high schools. 99% of them teach evolution as fact.

Because all of our knowledge of chemistry and physics is worthless when compared to what the man in the sky says right? BTW does he talk to you or only to other people who then told you what he said?

Until you can prove to me beyond all doubt that there is indeed a man in the sky then I might say the sum of all knowledge accumulated by man is wrong.

But I won't hold my breath.

No.

And no.

I have nothing to prove. I'm not making any claims. I'm simply saying and there's evidence that backs me up, that dating methods are flawed and those that engage in those methods skew the results to fit their conclusions. Hell these idiots use carbon-14, carbon-12, radiocarbon, potassium argon.... dating methods on an object and the results are 150 million years different from each other. So they pick a date that fits their preconcieved notions of how old their theory says the object is.

Carbon dating is a mainstay of geology and archaeology - but an enormous peak discovered in the amount of carbon-14 in the atmosphere between 45 thousand and 11 thousand years ago casts doubt on the biological carbon cycle that underpins the technique.

Some dating methods are flawed therefore you believe that a book written by a guy who was inspired by the man in the sky is correct.

OK I guess that makes sense.

Tell me would you ignore all clocks because a couple of them are inaccurate?

Apples and oranges.

BTW the Bible was written by men inspired by God. I come to that conclusion by knowing the Bible contains 66 books written over a vast amount of time on three continents in three different languages with authors from every station in life. This ancient text includes matters of love, hate, death, sin, marriage, civil laws, and relationships with each other as well as with God. And although these works were written independently, they show an amazing congruency.
But the God "inspired" them to say the Sun revolves around the Earth, thus calling into question the authority of the men or God.

Which chapter and verse makes that claim?

"so in essence you believe in creationism whether there is proof or not? and you refuse to believe in evolution because there is not enough proof?"
Yes, I have "faith" in the Lord. If He said He created all that we know, I believe Him.

Consistancy within the scientific community. If something is dated to be X years old, that scientists don't come back and test it and claim the first test was "eons" off "their" test dates. A "consensus": the majority scientists agree that is how it was, not with twists, not with "if that happened", just a unified statement.

Remember, that under communism, many leaders, political & spiritual, touted communism as "the way". Those that opposed communism were killed. They were later proven correct in their analysis of the situation, but it did not help those that suffered under the leaders taking their communities and countries into a very bad place. "Evolution" can be used for the same purpose. As long as there is "diversity" of beliefs, it blocks leaders from taking communities and countries into the place where "some" men are held above all other men.

ahhh so you want consistency..... the majority of scientists (99.9%) agree with evolution and that the earth is 4.55 billion years old. id say thats a consensus.

"Overall, the nation has a big problem," said Alters. "Approximately half of the U.S. population thinks evolution does (or did) not occur. While 99.9 percent of scientists accept evolution, 40 to 50 percent of college students do not accept evolution and believe it to be 'just' a theory," he reported."
Finding the Evolution in Medicine - The NIH Record - July 28, 2006
Level of support for evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, here is the accuracy of carbon dating:
"The first radiometric dates, generated about 1920, showed that the Earth was hundreds of millions, or billions, of years old. Since then, geologists have made many tens of thousands of radiometric age determinations, and they have refined the earlier estimates. A key point is that it is no longer necessary simply to accept one chemical determination of a rock’s age. Age estimates can be cross-tested by using different isotope pairs. Results from different techniques, often measured in rival labs, continually confirm each other.
There is only a 1% chance of error with current dating technology.
Every few years, new geologic time scales are published, providing the latest dates for major time lines. Older dates may change by a few million years up and down, but younger dates are stable. For example, it has been known since the 1960s that the famous Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary, the line marking the end of the dinosaurs, was 65 million years old. Repeated recalibrations and retests, using ever more sophisticated techniques and equipment, cannot shift that date. It is accurate to within a few thousand years. With modern, extremely precise, methods, error bars are often only 1% or so."
Accuracy of Fossils and Dating Methods (ActionBioscience)

1% aint bad, what the accuracy of the bible?

the bible is not consistent when it comes to determining the age of the earth nor its history. so in essence you are believing in something that is inaccurate as well. where is your proof?

Lonestar's a joke at this point. He keeps asserting things that he can't back up...then saying he isn't trying to prove anything. He keeps attempting to prove that religion makes more sense....then saying he isn't trying to prove anything.

Wha???

red-donkulous

You're a dumbass, but I suspect you already know that.

Now show where I have claimed or attempted to prove that my religion makes more sense. I have shown that the Bible has been proven accurate through archeological findings, but I never claimed my religion made more sense. I also showed that dating methods are indeed flawed, but just disregard those facts because it doesn't fit your preconcieved ideas, afterall that's what evolutionist do.

You people are truly stupid.

This is off-topic. I will give you my opinion. The "word" of the Lord was set down by the ancients that lived in fear of the Lord. That "word" was interpreted into other languages or cultures using terms that could be understood by those. In time, those that had no fear of the Lord or hated Him manipulated the "word" to trick people (I believe evil beings actually appeared to some saying they were angels or "the way" with different versions) away from the Lord. The Lord works in mysterious ways: He can use "different" versions to teach those that learn differently (kind of like different branches of Christianity), some people would refuse to learn if you showed them how "fearful" the wrathful Lord was when giving out earned punishments or would have no respect of the might of Yeshua if only the Being of Love and Kindness was taught from the NT.
The "actual Word" of the Lord is unquestionable. That "Word" is Yeshua. That is not saying that you cannot ask questions, it is just His presentation is truth. The "written" word can be changed. The "Word" you is what you feel in your heart (the Word that comes thru prayer and meditation or contemplation is from the Holy Spirit, sent from Yeshua), and THAT "word" is unquestionalbe.
The above statement is not to be confused with the Jim Jones or Charles Manson types. It is very much about the individual relationship with the Lord and does not involve other people. If the voices are telling you to hurt someone, chances are, that is NOT the Lord.

Nu 25:4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.

1Sa 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Is 13: 15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.
16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

De 2:34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:

De 3:6 And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.

Ez 9: 5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

Hosea 13: 16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Psalms 137: 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

The people the Lord judged and ordered executed were in violation of the Laws against the Lord and the laws against men. Since the sins of the father were passed on, the children were also "guilty". The excecution of the "bullies on the block" by the "weaklings on the block" (the ex-slaves, the Israelites) was to demonstrate the power of the Lord. There was no way the ex-slaves could have won one single battle without the Lord, siding with them.

How terrible the crimes must have been for the Lord to order the total destruction of these cultures. Funny, you guys never want to discuss the children they burned alive during orgies dedicated to another god, Mollech. You don't want to talk about how the children screamed while their community partied. You want to talk about how it was wrong to judge them and execute them...... hmmm
Does that mean you support killing the young? Do you just support killing the very young (abortions)? No wonder that part of the Bible scares you.
The "terrible crime" could simply be living on land for generations that God's Chosen wanted to steal, as you well know.

But the God "inspired" them to say the Sun revolves around the Earth, thus calling into question the authority of the men or God.

That's right, I forgot you never read the bible.

Not only does the bible say the sun revolves around the Earth, it says the Sun changes speed in the process!!!

King James Version
Ec 1:5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.

The New Living Translation
Ec 1:5 The sun rises and sets and hurries around to rise again.

But only if you ignore the in-congruencies!

For example, the bible says the Earth is fixed and unmoving for ever, which would include the future end times. But the bible also says the Earth will surely move in the last days.

Ps 93:1 The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is established, that it cannot be moved.

Ps 96:10 Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved

Ps 104:5 the LORD hath founded the earth upon its own bases; it shall not be removed forever and ever

1 Ch 16: 30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Contradicted by

Isa 24:19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed
I can't help but notice you are avoiding this post!!!!!!

ahhh so you want consistency..... the majority of scientists (99.9%) agree with evolution and that the earth is 4.55 billion years old. id say thats a consensus.

"Overall, the nation has a big problem," said Alters. "Approximately half of the U.S. population thinks evolution does (or did) not occur. While 99.9 percent of scientists accept evolution, 40 to 50 percent of college students do not accept evolution and believe it to be 'just' a theory," he reported."

"The first radiometric dates, generated about 1920, showed that the Earth was hundreds of millions, or billions, of years old. Since then, geologists have made many tens of thousands of radiometric age determinations, and they have refined the earlier estimates. A key point is that it is no longer necessary simply to accept one chemical determination of a rock’s age. Age estimates can be cross-tested by using different isotope pairs. Results from different techniques, often measured in rival labs, continually confirm each other.
Every few years, new geologic time scales are published, providing the latest dates for major time lines. Older dates may change by a few million years up and down, but younger dates are stable. For example, it has been known since the 1960s that the famous Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary, the line marking the end of the dinosaurs, was 65 million years old. Repeated recalibrations and retests, using ever more sophisticated techniques and equipment, cannot shift that date. It is accurate to within a few thousand years. With modern, extremely precise, methods, error bars are often only 1% or so."

the bible is not consistent when it comes to determining the age of the earth nor its history. so in essence you are believing in something that is inaccurate as well. where is your proof?

As I've stated these idiots have a stake in makign you nbelive they are rtight. even though they've been proven wrong time after time. But beleive waht you want. I'd argue it takes greater faith to believe that man was created from some primordial soup all by chance than in an intelligent designer.

The Bible makes no attempt at dating the earth.

As for accuracy?

As far as I know there is no where in the Bible that claims the earth "is 10,000 years old".
The Bible does not track every year from the time of Adam & Eve. The Lord told the ancients that it took Him 6 days to create our world as we know it. The Lord also told the prophets that our time was not "His" time.

Scientists claim that rocks on earth are "4.55 billion years old". Do they know if they were all part of the planet at that time? Do they know if the rocks were "space junk" that was put together billions or millions of years later? Do they know if the earth was formed 9 billion years (our years) before that and was destroyed to be re-formed? Do they know how all the plates move and exactly when each plate moved where? Could a buried land plate interfere with their dating, or estimate of dates?

It appears, evolution supporters have a problem with the exact "earth years" as a date. That is not known.
Evolution supporters want to declare humans have similar DNA to monkeys. They have no proof that men evolved from a "common ancestor" with monkeys; it is a story.
When you ask evolution supporters where life originated, they have no answer. They make up stories for that too. Where is your proof the Bible is "wrong"? Remember the Lord's years are not measured as earth years, and therefore His "days" will not be the same as "earth days".

Not only does the bible say the sun revolves around the Earth, it says the Sun changes speed in the process!!!

King James Version
Ec 1:5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.

That's it? Hell then we are all guilty of being scientifically incorrect. I mean I'm sure you've heard it said that "the sun rises in the east and sets in the west"?

You fail!

The "terrible crime" could simply be living on land for generations that God's Chosen wanted to steal, as you well know.

Nice avoid. Go back and read the reasons the Lord "commanded" the Israelites to ennact justice.

, How terrible the crimes must have been for the Lord to order the total destruction of these cultures. Funny, you guys never want to discuss the children they burned alive during orgies dedicated to another god, Mollech. You don't want to talk about how the children screamed while their community partied. You want to talk about how it was wrong to judge them and execute them...... hmmm

King James Version

That's it? Hell then we are all guilty of being scientifically incorrect. I mean I'm sure you've heard it said that "the sun rises in the east and sets in the west"?

You fail!
Sure we all say that the days and nights are not equal in time because the Earth hurries for part of each day! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back