40 Years of Class Warfare in One Chart.

Republicans bought into their zany Heritage Foundation economic policies. They believe their policies don't work because Democrats block them. Even when they controlled the entire government under George Bush, they insisted it wasn't those disastrous policies.
It's a mindset. Like Iraq. They believe the people of Iraq were just ungrateful. Or that Democrats sabotaged the war. They refuse to believe the obvious. Their policies simply don't work.

No. I think we should kill the rich motherfuckers and take their shit. Then eat them. We don't need their stinking wages and group health plans. Fuckers. Wage paying sonsofbitches.
Send them to Gitmo after they watch their kids vaporized by drone strikes. When are you and O'Reilly leaving for Ukraine? Be sure to say "Hi" to Hunter.

Brian Williams is making the trip instead. O'Reilly is hooking up with Dennis Miller on his Pinheads and Patriots tour.

ou lost me in the Marxist rhetoric. But I paid for it, yeah, I did build that. You shlepped to a job and did one created, funded and defined by someone else and while you had something to do with it, it was a lot less than what I did
Why do you think performing wage labor is worth less than providing the job?

“Worth” monetarily is determined by the market. As to why though, which is harder to come by?

- Someone with the skills and experience to run a business who’s willing to risk their savings to work a job with unlimited hours for no guaranteed pay with a ¾ chance the business fail entirely

Or

- Someone who’s willing to show up and work hard at what they are trained to do

I have a lot of good people who work for me. But there is one person in the business remotely willing to do the first of the two choices in the business, and that is me. Why would I do that and not expect to be compensated for that?

Furthermore, it is a free market. Why don’t good workers band together and hire a manager as opposed to me hiring them to work?

What does "supply" economic value mean? If you mean create, no, they do not CREATE economic value by nurturing their kids. That is value, but it is not ECONOMIC value
"Economic value is a measure of the benefit provided by a good or service to an economic agent. It is generally measured relative to units of currency, and the interpretation is therefore 'what is the maximum amount of money a specific actor is willing and able to pay for the good or service'"?
^^^Do you agree?
Value economics - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yes, that's why I said my mother didn't create "economic" value when I was born

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that trickle down economics does not work when the rich routinely just park their money offshore in order to avoid taxes.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that trickle down economics does not work when the rich routinely just park their money offshore in order to avoid taxes.

dear, you don't get rich by parking your money, you get rich by investing it. If you want more investment here to trickle down here eliminate the corporate tax(highest in world) and trillions will come back to America where it belongs, and where it would be had idiotic liberals not driven it away.

Last edited:

generally the boss is worth more because free people elect to pay him more and because the boss, also free, accepts the job at that pay. Violent libnazis want to impose their judgement on free people at the point of a gun.

Very good post.

Now, the question is this: Why did compensation deviate from productivity and what will it take to change this, and realign compensation with productivity?

I would submit that the deviation occurred because workers became complacent and apathetic toward their own pay and began settling for pay that was lower in value than their production. The best way to counteract this trend is for workers to be more assertive and advocate for their own compensation.

Here's the answer.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 400 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

Basic supply and demand. In the late 60s women and minorities were being educated more and more and entering the workforce. The addition of women in many formerly male jobs created a large supply.

Corporate America Greed.

of course there is no corporate greed in America since it is largely capitalist. If a corporation gets greedy a competitor takes their business away.

ow, the question is this: Why did compensation deviate from productivity and what will it take to change this, and realign compensation with productivity?
I think automation played a huge role, jet engines and computers, for example, make it possible for management to control a workforce on the opposite side of the planet nearly as efficiently as one on the opposite side of the street. I suspect all the productivity gains of the past forty years have gone to capital because of the basic architecture of capitalism itself. What is to become of millions of workers displaced by technology?

They end up working at McDonald's and Walmart.

. I suspect all the productivity gains of the past forty years have gone to capital?

100% stupid and liberal of course. If true 80 million Americans could not afford the new smart phone toys at $125 /month plus 1000 other new inventions in the last 40 years. For Steve Jobs to make $15 billion he must enable the consumption of $200 billion in goods and services. Now even you can understand how capitalism distributes the wealth very very widely and why capitalism instantly eliminated 40% of world poverty in China.

. I suspect all the productivity gains of the past forty years have gone to capital?

100% stupid and liberal of course. If true 80 million Americans could not afford the new smart phone toys at $125 /month plus 1000 other new inventions in the last 40 years. For Steve Jobs to make $15 billion he must enable the consumption of $200 billion in goods and services. Now even you can understand how capitalism distributes the wealth very very widely and why capitalism instantly eliminated 40% of world poverty in China.

a liberal is actually opposed to the elimination of poverty

Very good post.

Now, the question is this: Why did compensation deviate from productivity and what will it take to change this, and realign compensation with productivity?

I would submit that the deviation occurred because workers became complacent and apathetic toward their own pay and began settling for pay that was lower in value than their production. The best way to counteract this trend is for workers to be more assertive and advocate for their own compensation.

Here's the answer.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 400 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

No, it is not the answer. No matter how many times you repeat this insane bullshit, it will never cease to be insane bullshit. I'm actually thinking about copyrighting that little copy/paste job you like to toss out so frequently, because I'm tired of seeing you post the same old shit all the time.

generally the boss is worth more because free people elect to pay him more and because the boss, also free, accepts the job at that pay. Violent libnazis want to impose their judgement on free people at the point of a gun.
only when it has to do with capital based morals and not social based morals, unlike the right.

Is that increase in productivity from increased skill of laborers or better technology that an unskilled person can operate?

Is that increase in productivity from increased skill of laborers or better technology that an unskilled person can operate?

It is from technology, but not from better technology. It is merely from alternative technology. There is no such thing as "better technology that an unskilled person can operate." Technology that caters to unskilled operators is always inferior. Just look at what happens when you go to McDonalds and you have to say "excuse me, I think you may have put that in wrong, I asked for no onions on that." All of a sudden you get a deer-in-the-headlights slack jawed look from a moron who doesn't know what to do next, because it's already in the computer. He puts it into the computer, and it goes to the back. Once it goes to the back, it's over.

On the other hand, technology that is superior tends to require more skilled labor to operate than what came before. Superior technology often has more robust utility, and as a result tends to be more difficult to learn. Mastery tends to require more experience, and may not even be possible by everyone. But hot damn, the ones who can master it can make that shit tap dance.

It is from technology, but not from better technology. It is merely from alternative technology. There is no such thing as "better technology that an unskilled person can operate." Technology that caters to unskilled operators is always inferior. Just look at what happens when you go to McDonalds and you have to say "excuse me, I think you may have put that in wrong, I asked for no onions on that." All of a sudden you get a deer-in-the-headlights slack jawed look from a moron who doesn't know what to do next, because it's already in the computer. He puts it into the computer, and it goes to the back. Once it goes to the back, it's over.

On the other hand, technology that is superior tends to require more skilled labor to operate than what came before. Superior technology often has more robust utility, and as a result tends to be more difficult to learn. Mastery tends to require more experience, and may not even be possible by everyone. But hot damn, the ones who can master it can make that shit tap dance.

Technology allows unskilled labor to produce beyond their skill level

Forum List

Back