400 ppm CO2

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Atmospheric CO2 Concentrations Surpass 400 PPM Milestone

Scientists argue we've loaded the "climate dice" in favor of more weather anomalies and extreme heat waves.

Research also shows that continued emissions of long-lived greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide will mean "largely irreversible" climate change for 1,000 years even after we curtail emissions.

"The last time we're confident that CO2 was sustained at these levels is more than 10 million years ago, during the middle of the Miocene period," climate scientist Michael Mann told The Huffington Post in an email. "This was a time when global temperatures were substantially warmer than today, and there was very little ice around anywhere on the planet."

There is no way that we will keep the rise in temperatures below 2 C this century. And the Arctic Ice will be gone for most of the summer while many of us here are still alive.

Yay! If it's as hopeless as you say, then perhaps you killjoy enviro-whackjobs will stop haranguing us normal folks about everything that makes life comfortable and enjoyable.

we're doooooooooooooooooomed!

pillow.gif

I think it's GREAT! We can drive gas guzzler cars, offroad vehicles & loud snow mobiles, eat red meat, smoke, drink...and Winnebagos! Don't forget the Winnebagos! Those get horrible gas mileage.

This is going to be GREAT!

And more good things we can use again:

Plastic bags! Styrofoam containers! Incandescent lightbulbs! High-flow toilets that work with one flush! High-flow showerheads! Gasoline without all the crap the state of California mandates that make our gas more expensive.

Let's build more freeways and get rid of the stupid diamond lanes!

I'm going to drive around a little extra this weekend in honor of our accomplishment. Now that we're doomed, I'm confident more people will just forget about it and keep living. Nothing will drive the enviro-k00ks more crazy.

I hope my crazy neighbor who keeps everything in his house unplugged now realizes what a galactic waste of time it is to be so inconvenienced.

I hope my crazy neighbor who keeps everything in his house unplugged now realizes what a galactic waste of time it is to be so inconvenienced.

:lol:

Don't you know that if you leave a lamp plugged in when you are not using it you are Leaking Lots-o-Lectricity!?!????!1!!!

My wife unplugged everything in her apt until she moved into mine. I'm like, listen, the electric bill is included in the rent. if you're looking out for the enviro, we're already doomed according to the k00ks.

She used to unplug everything. Including the internet router!!!?? :eusa_hand:

mr. boe is just the opposite. He leaves lights and TVs on throughout the house. Bless his lil sports addicted heart.

But then they would have to unplug the outlets!

Don't you get it? Enviros want everything to be as uncomfortable and inconvenient as possible...for other people.

Atmospheric CO2 Concentrations Surpass 400 PPM Milestone

Scientists argue we've loaded the "climate dice" in favor of more weather anomalies and extreme heat waves.

Research also shows that continued emissions of long-lived greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide will mean "largely irreversible" climate change for 1,000 years even after we curtail emissions.

"The last time we're confident that CO2 was sustained at these levels is more than 10 million years ago, during the middle of the Miocene period," climate scientist Michael Mann told The Huffington Post in an email. "This was a time when global temperatures were substantially warmer than today, and there was very little ice around anywhere on the planet."

There is no way that we will keep the rise in temperatures below 2 C this century. And the Arctic Ice will be gone for most of the summer while many of us here are still alive.
[/thread]
6a010536b58035970c01348128c941970c-pi

What the heck, turn off the main circuit breaker when you leave home. Just don't keep to much food in the fridge.

Better yet, just live in cave and gather roots and berries!

Forum List

Back