44% of Americans don't have $400 in case there is an emergency

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
67% of Americans don't have a thousand dollars in the bank.

Last year, the rate of job growth was the slowest in the seven previous years.

I haven't had a chance to watch the SOTU. I recorded it. But I have been watching these facts thrown out on news channels.

Wow, as the facts come out, it looks like Trump needs to work a little harder.

I also recorded the rebuttal.

Did did Trump talk about bringing the country together?

Did he talk about building a future together?

Did he have a vision for the country of prosperity and equality?

Did he talk about us being a nation of immigrants and talk about his own immigrant family?

Did he talk about keeping families together?

I can't wait to see his plans to unify the nation.

That's the same number who are on government assistance.
https://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/
Dems welfare programs makes it almost impossible for them to save.
They only get enough government assistance that covers 3 weeks out of 4 weeks.

Trump is right ,you help them get out of welfare.
Oh, come on. Republicans don't like any kind of assistance. They want people to starve white away.
Just like their healthcare plan.

It was those poor that put Trump in office.

I haven't had a chance to watch the SOTU. I recorded it. But I have been watching these facts thrown out on news channels.

Did he talk about us being a nation of immigrants and talk about his own immigrant family?

Trump isn't going to boast that more people have $400 spare for emergencies. He's going to boast that people who have enough money to last them for three life times, have MORE money.

The US has one of the lowest rates of wealth for the lowest 90% of the people in the world.

x138.gif.pagespeed.ic.lZXyc9cROC.png

This has been changing over time, in the mid 1980s it was the best time for the bottom 90%, and that has been eroding ever since. Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush have all helped push the US on its way towards being such a country.

US wealth inequality - top 0.1% worth as much as the bottom 90%
Wealth_line-chart.svg

Yeah, 0.1% of the US has the same wealth now as the bottom 90% and every year they get deals to pay little or no tax. And Trump then went and made them pay even less.

Oh, come on. Republicans don't like any kind of assistance. They want people to starve white away.
Just like their healthcare plan.

It was those poor that put Trump in office.

Tell me how much that "free" lunch program actually costs.

The problem is that if it's government run it will cost far more than it needs to.

If a school wants to give away ham sandwiches, bananas and milk to kids for lunch the fucking government would tell them they can't do it.

Trump isn't going to boast that more people have $400 spare for emergencies. He's going to boast that people who have enough money to last them for three life times, have MORE money.

The US has one of the lowest rates of wealth for the lowest 90% of the people in the world.

x138.gif.pagespeed.ic.lZXyc9cROC.png

This has been changing over time, in the mid 1980s it was the best time for the bottom 90%, and that has been eroding ever since. Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush have all helped push the US on its way towards being such a country.

US wealth inequality - top 0.1% worth as much as the bottom 90%
Wealth_line-chart.svg

Yeah, 0.1% of the US has the same wealth now as the bottom 90% and every year they get deals to pay little or no tax. And Trump then went and made them pay even less.
Define wealth.

Who's fault is it if people don't save any money?

It certainly isn't the government's fault
It certainly isn't the fault of people who do save

Hey, if you've got the latest smart phone and cool shoes who needs $400 in the bank?

No, 67 million people is NOT 67% of the population.

No one said it was.

"Total number of Americans receiving welfare government assistance 67,891,000"

The only number you could have been talking about is the 67%. Deanrd only posted one number in his OP. The FIRST thing you said was "That's the same number" then you posted a source to back this up which said 67 million.

I'm sorry if you think no one said that. But you said that.

No one said it was.

The only number you could have been talking about is the 67%. Deanrd only posted one number in his OP. The FIRST thing you said was "That's the same number" then you posted a source to back this up which said 67 million.

I'm sorry if you can't distinguish the difference in the types of government assistance.

No one said it was.

I'm sorry if you can't distinguish the difference in the types of government assistance.

Doesn't really matter whether I can or I can't.

67% of the US is 217 million people.

The source you provided said the TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE RECEIVING WELFARE GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE is 67 million.

So, there are not more than 67 million people on government assistance.

Even if you take the 67 million people of government assistance and add them to the "DOES NOT INCLUDE the 70.5 million people enrolled in Medicaid" 70.5 million people, you still don't even get 140 million people. Now, some of these people actually be the same people anyway.

So where the fuck in the source that YOU PROVIDED do you manage to get up to 217 million people?

I mean, even if you add up the total number of people, plus the number of people on food stamps (who happen to also be in the total number of people) and the number of people getting unemployment (who happen to also be in the total number of people) and add up the other three categories (who happen to also be in the total number of people) and add them to the people getting medicare, and then imagine that one person getting all three is actually THREE PEOPLE, you STILL do not get to 217 million people, or 67% of the population.

So, please, explain what the fuck you are talking about.

No one said it was.

The source you provided said the TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE RECEIVING WELFARE GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE is 67 million.

Even if you take the 67 million people of government assistance and add them to the "DOES NOT INCLUDE the 70.5 million people enrolled in Medicaid" 70.5 million people, you still don't even get 140 million people. Now, some of these people actually be the same people anyway.

So where the fuck in the source that YOU PROVIDED do you manage to get up to 217 million people?

I mean, even if you add up the total number of people, plus the number of people on food stamps (who happen to also be in the total number of people) and the number of people getting unemployment (who happen to also be in the total number of people) and add up the other three categories (who happen to also be in the total number of people) and add them to the people getting medicare, and then imagine that one person getting all three is actually THREE PEOPLE, you STILL do not get to 217 million people, or 67% of the population.

The title of the thread.

How do we resolve that?

No one said it was.

The title of the thread.

Well, 44% of Americans... and you post something with 20% of Americans.... yeah, I'm still not getting it.......

Unless of course you're adding up those people and the people getting medicare, which are probably some of the same people, so you still don't get 44%.

Why?

Well, Medicaid is for poor people, low income people, the sort of people who are on government benefits because they're disabled and what not.

You still don't get to 44%.

Forum List

Back