🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

Back in the 50's and 60's, when there WAS institutional racism, blacks had a legitimate excuse for their community being in the toilet. Now, after 50 years of government handouts, affirmative action programs, welfare, food stamps, govt. grants, they're STILL in the toilet only now they have no one to blame except themselves. Acting as though the climate today is no different than it was 50 years ago, they can still make themselves believe that their failures are still somebody else's fault. It might make them feel better but it doesn't improve their lives (or society in general). And as long as politicians keep feeding this bullshit to them (for their vote), I see no end to this cycle of failure and dependency.

So are you still going with "only some of the past affects the future and others don't"? Since you didn't link to any information is that coming from the yourass.com or becauseisaidso.org?

the past as in passing on low IQ.

You are an example

Wait, what?? I thought he was Mensa.......oh that's right he lied didn't he.

Your 400 year time period has little to do with the string's basic premise...since wide spread government dependency didn't exist until FDR's social experiments and the Civil Rights act was passed in the 60's. You grasp that concept as well?

The time period would seem to be self explanatory to a Mensa man like yourself but I'll flesh it out for you. Johnson's Great Society started about forty years ago and since then government dependency has increased dramatically and racism has decreased dramatically. The entire gist of this string is whether or not increased dependency has been a good thing for blacks. Following this so far?

Thats not an answer. Please address the question. I bet you are a master at dodgeball.

Your 400 year time period has little to do with the string's basic premise...since wide spread government dependency didn't exist until FDR's social experiments and the Civil Rights act was passed in the 60's. You grasp that concept as well?

Keep dodging and dancing and you wont get hit will you? You were asked to answer the question since you believe that last 400 years are just an excuse. That was a good one. The strings premise? I'm talking about your premise. :lol:

Last edited:
The time period would seem to be self explanatory to a Mensa man like yourself but I'll flesh it out for you. Johnson's Great Society started about forty years ago and since then government dependency has increased dramatically and racism has decreased dramatically. The entire gist of this string is whether or not increased dependency has been a good thing for blacks. Following this so far?

Thats not an answer. Please address the question. I bet you are a master at dodgeball.

I was great at dodgeball. My greatest talent was catching balls thrown at me. Quite frankly, the stuff you're lobbing hasn't been much of a challenge...

I was great at dodgeball. My greatest talent was catching balls thrown at me. Quite frankly, the stuff you're lobbing hasn't been much of a challenge...

Lets not wander address the question.

According to your argument its impossible to increase it dramatically. If only the present counts then there are no habits created and the very definition of dependency doesn't exist.

Where was it that I argued that only the present counts?

Kindly explain how your theories hold water if government dependency has increased at a rapid rate over the past 40 years while racism has dramatically waned!

When you said government dependency was the reason for problems in the Black communities and that the notion that slavery and jim crow were not.

And you seem to be saying the exact opposite. Neither position stands up to reason.

Where was it that I argued that only the present counts?

Kindly explain how your theories hold water if government dependency has increased at a rapid rate over the past 40 years while racism has dramatically waned!

When you said government dependency was the reason for problems in the Black communities and that the notion that slavery and jim crow were not.

And you seem to be saying the exact opposite. Neither position stands up to reason.

It only seems that way because you dont have a clue what my position is.

Keep dodging and dancing and you wont get hit will you? You were asked to answer the question since you believe that last 400 years are just an excuse. That was a good one. The strings premise? I'm talking about your premise. :lol:

The string's premise is whether or not governmental dependency is working for blacks.

My premise is that it hasn't been working well for them at all.

Your premise is that's all because of latent racism left over from slavery and has NOTHING to do with governmental policies that haven't worked out well.

I'm not confused by this stuff, little buddy...I'm not dodging anything...I keep catching the balls you toss. You...not so much! Love the analogy though...LOL

The string's premise is whether or not governmental dependency is working for blacks.

Your premise is that's all because of latent racism left over from slavery and has NOTHING to do with governmental policies that haven't worked out well.

I'm not confused by this stuff, little buddy...I'm not dodging anything...I keep catching the balls you toss. You...not so much! Love the analogy though...LOL

You are definitely confused. You dont have the slightest clue what my premise is. Dont dodge the question

It only seems that way because you dont have a clue what my position is.

Don't feel badly about that though...I don't think Asclepias knows what his position is at this point.

what has not been discussed the that During the Great Depression most everyone was poor, so that centuries long head start for whites our local NOI members claim exits is really a lie.

This country did not start to have anything close to prosperity until the 1950s.

Even then Jim Crow was not universal.

Any black less than 70 can not claim to be held back by racism, and maybe not even then.

You are definitely confused. You dont have the slightest clue what my premise is. Dont dodge the question

I've answered that question. YOU on the other hand have not answered mine. Time to step up to the plate, little buddy!

You didn't answer the question...

Do you admit that government dependency has increased dramatically over the past 40 years?

Do you also admit that racism has lessened dramatically over the past 40 years?

If both of those are indeed true...then why haven't the lives of inner city blacks improved dramatically over that time period?

Here it is again...

Forum List

Back