🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

MLK supported AA programs. Don't go being stupid

Yes, Henry Payne, Martin Luther King Really Did Support Affirmative Action*?* Deadline Detroit

Will that change the way you feel about MLK? Yes it will but in order to keep lying to yourself you have to unsee what I just posted
Bullshit.
Dr King promoted self reliance.
Here are some of his most famous quotes.
There are references to self reliance all over the place.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes - BrainyQuote

Thanks for not addressing what King said to quote what...King said also. :cuckoo:
The obfuscation is so deep, hip waders just won't do the trick.
Dr King was a man of incredible integrity and forward vision.
You libs sully that memory with your constant complaining, excuse making and your brand of compassion....Other people's money.

Yeah. By 1970 there was no legal discimination in hiring or school acceptance. Where have you been?

I guess those civil rights marches were not necessary then since the right to vote was given to free slaves back in the 1800's using that logic.

And those marches, as well as Civil Rights were opposed by WHOM? DEMOCRATS...SAME as in that war and AFTER IT...ODD isn't it?

And NOW they claim the mantle...but YET tell the same folks they are NOTHING without them or their guidance.

WELCOME to their NEW slavery...Does History usually escape you? Or are you one that belives and revises like YOU have done here?

YOU were saying?

Dont change the subject especially when the parties ideology was completely the reverse. Back then Repubs were good and the Dems were bad.

50 years ago Martin Luther King shared his dream of a nation where black and whites would seamlessly interweave in making a larger and better American fabric; where skin color was irrelevant.

That is perfectly in line with the American ideal: come here with an idea, with a talent, with a skill, with a mission and nurture it and tend to it until it blossoms.

Instead we heard yesterday blacks need more government programs and support

Was MLK's vision the path that's been followed, or is that the road not taken?

MLK supported AA programs. Don't go being stupid

Four years later King's words in the 1967 tract "Where Do We Go From Here" were even clearer on the subject: "A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for him."
Yes, Henry Payne, Martin Luther King Really Did Support Affirmative Action*?* Deadline Detroit

Will that change the way you feel about MLK? Yes it will but in order to keep lying to yourself you have to unsee what I just posted

The question you should be asking is not whether Martin Luther King supported Affirmative Action before it was tried...the question you should be asking is would he support it NOW after watching what it's done to the black community as a whole?

King always struck me foremost as a pragmatist. He wasn't a dumb man. I have no way of knowing how his views would have changed over the years but I would guess that he would have been disappointed with many of the "side effects" of Affirmative Action and how programs to do something "special" for blacks have instead trapped them in State sponsored poverty.

You repubs seem to know what's best for blacks although reading these posts, it looks like you don't care for them much anyway, like they're all bums looking for handouts. This kind of attitude helped romney lose and you guys will keep on losing elections and wonder why. Also pick on some white people that can't get by without being dependent on government money for a change. I could name a few. Dick cheney, Eric prince, Paul ryan.

addressing "you" I did not mean only you personally.
but one voice is better than nothing.

I'm not the only one. However just telling somebody that does nothing really. It has to be put into perspective along with other education. Healing from psychological damage passed on from generation to generation takes time and the building of relationships so you have permission to lead.

there IS NO PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE if you do not infiltrate it into the kids.

YOU do this, do you understand? So STOP and it is GONE instantaneously.

the ones directly affected were damaged - everyone born afterwards WAS NOT and if they were - that is because the constant INDOCTRINATION with victimhood mentality and entitlement attitude.
THIS what is holding you back - and nothing else.

since the 70s there is not even the smallest reason for black people not to succeed - not even one - from outside - you can blame lack of success on the own community only.

Government dependency and victimhood mentality - those two reasons are the ones which prevent success.

NOTHING ELSE.

there are no psychological problems if you do not perpetuate them yourself.

Educating is vastly different from infiltrating. Kids must be educated on the why of their reality. White people may not like it but thats tuff. I'm not going let my children be surprised when someone uses a racial slur on them. They are going to know why the ignorance exists and also know their history so the have self esteem intact after the attack. I dont run around saying the white man keeps me down but I'm not going to lie to my kids so whites can be guilt free.

failure in your community is solely your community's fault.

oh, and whiner enablers of that failure - like you.

Thats actually true. However, you cant ignore you guys have a 400 year head start and the gap is closing fast.

"the gap is closing fast"..
So why all of the complaining?

You love King because he's dead. If he were alive today there would be republican cartoons of King and Obama sharing a watermelon. Anybody that protests, whether it's unions, student. or occupy, get the wrath of modern repubs robots. You guys would have hated the rebels that threw the tea bags overboard during colonial times. "How dare they destroy tea belonging to a corporation" would be the republican battle cry.

Thats actually true. However, you cant ignore you guys have a 400 year head start and the gap is closing fast.

You love King because he's dead. If he were alive today there would be republican cartoons of King and Obama sharing a watermelon. Anybody that protests, whether it's unions, student. or occupy, get the wrath of modern repubs robots. You guys would have hated the rebels that threw the tea bags overboard during colonial times. "How dare they destroy tea belonging to a corporation" would be the republican battle cry.

Actually I think they love MLK because he was non-violent. At least the racist ones. They enjoyed beating black women and children with no opposition. if Malcolm X and the NOI had not existed to make them choose 1 way or another MLK would have been labeled as a trouble maker and never given a holiday.

Is there a better place in the world for blacks then America?

Name it.

Name it.

The best place is where we call home. Right here in this country built on our backs. Is there a better place for whites than America?

Maybe Botswana

other wise I can't believe anyone would consider dependency is a good thing....

Name it.
The best place is where we call home. Right here in this country built on our backs.
The only thing blacks have ever built on their own was a dung hut :lol:

ASCLEPIAS;7760;7760588 said:
Is there a better place for whites than America?
Places like Sweden or Iceland or anywhere in the world where it is majority white.

But the worst areas of the world to live is a majority black, Detroit, Haiti, Africa etc.............

Last edited:

Name it.
The best place is where we call home. Right here in this country built on our backs.
The only thing blacks have ever built on their own was a dung hut :lol:

Is there a better place for whites than America?
Places like Sweden or Iceland or anywhere in the world where it is majority white.

But the worst areas of the world to live a majority black, Detroit, Haiti, Africa etc.............

Then you should move you and your Stormfront bothers to Iceland or Sweden and leave this decaying cesspool to the rest of us. Oops I forgot they have Black people there too. Plus the women love Black guys. You would be miserable. Nevermind.

Last edited:
The OP is yet another example of conservatives grossly oversimplifying a difficult, complex problem and attempting to contrive a controversy where none exists.

Conservatives couldn’t care less about what might be ‘hurting Blacks,’ instead they’re exploiting a difficult and complex problem for some perceived partisan gain.

MLK was a republican.

The black majority areas of the world have the worst quality of life, the white areas have the best.

Actually I think they love MLK because he was non-violent. At least the racist ones. They enjoyed beating black women and children with no opposition. if Malcolm X and the NOI had not existed to make them choose 1 way or another MLK would have been labeled as a trouble maker and never given a holiday.

Moron.... Learn about your democrat party. The one that was pro slavery, Created the KKK, pro lynching, Uses abortion to commit genocide and use welfare and education to keep the black people living in ghettos the modern slave pen.

Moron.... Learn about your democrat party. The one that was pro slavery, Created the KKK, pro lynching, Uses abortion to commit genocide and use welfare and education to keep the black people living in ghettos the modern slave pen.

Whats your point or did you respond to the wrong post?

The black majority areas of the world have the worst quality of life, the white areas have the best.

Your white. I expect you would say that. Your concept of what the best quality of life is like is going to be different from mine. I dont like cold weather so I'd rather be in Nigeria than Iceland.

No the post was dead on idiot. you see the racist have always been and remain to be in YOUR PARTY...

No the post was dead on idiot. you see the racist have always been and remain to be in YOUR PARTY...

I'm not a democrat. Whos the idiot now?

Forum List

Back