500,000 Poor Kids Could Lose Eligibility for Free School Lunch

Here is a little known fact. If 40% of the students in a school district are eligible for food stamps, all children are eligible for free lunch, often a snack, and sometimes breakfast as well.

Some families only qualify for small amounts of food stamps per month, but free school meals for three kids could easily be worth $250 per month.

The principal's kids, who get no food stamps, also get the same free meals.

During the summer most of those have a summer lunch box program.

And all of that is ridiculous.

https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...ries-impact-of-food-stamp-eligibility-changes

How can we expect our students to succeed in school if they aren't properly fed? No child should go hungry.

I agree, since Tramp probably throws away food enough food, (him and his rich buddies) to feel all those hungry kids.
So does you neighborhood supermarket. I hear dumpster diving can be profitable.

I know you are a typical republican, pro life except if it means life after birth.

Life after birth is the responsibility of the parents.

And life before birth is the responsibility of the Republicans.

WTF?
Pull that needle out of your arm and get back with me when you sober up.

I agree, since Tramp probably throws away food enough food, (him and his rich buddies) to feel all those hungry kids.

I know you are a typical republican, pro life except if it means life after birth.

WTF?

No chance.

WTF?

So are you pro abortion or pro life, very easy to answer, and no I'm serious because the Republicans are pro fetus not pro birth. So what is your answer.

WTF?

No chance.

Your right, no chance of me having to sober up.

Feed the children - how many times?
Zero net income - that is 40% of all food stamps households. So they get maximum food stamps for family size. Enough to feed the family, minimally, agree, but still enough.
Then they get WIC for pre-scholars. Then free meals at school, often with breakfast, and a PM snack.
Then they go to the food pantry or soup kitchen.
So, paid to feed them, multiple times for the same meal. And in most cases, no work requirements.

WTF?

So are you pro abortion or pro life, very easy to answer, and no I'm serious because the Republicans are pro fetus not pro birth. So what is your answer.

I responded to you directly about my opinion when it comes to abortion a few posts ago....
Seriously,pull the needle out of your arm and get back with me.

WTF?

No chance.

Your right, no chance of me having to sober up.

And we expect nothing less from you....load up your spoon and get to injecting.

Here is a little known fact. If 40% of the students in a school district are eligible for food stamps, all children are eligible for free lunch, often a snack, and sometimes breakfast as well.

Some families only qualify for small amounts of food stamps per month, but free school meals for three kids could easily be worth $250 per month.

It goes beyond being eligible. So the eligible children don't feel differently than children who can afford to pay, ALL children are required to receive free lunches. It's equality
It is also a waste of money.
Is feeding children a waste of money?

It is a waste of your money if the parents can afford to feed their own children, but make you pay for them. Wouldn't you agree?

It goes beyond being eligible. So the eligible children don't feel differently than children who can afford to pay, ALL children are required to receive free lunches. It's equality
It is also a waste of money.
Is feeding children a waste of money?

They think so, remember after they are born, screw kids. They only care about the fetus.

Who are these phantom "they" that don't seem to exist outside the fever swamp?

https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...ries-impact-of-food-stamp-eligibility-changes

How can we expect our students to succeed in school if they aren't properly fed? No child should go hungry.

Wow, so much juvenile hate in one post.
Yeah, the President doesn't throw away food … he eats it.

My city has community eligibility. I thought it was stupid then and I think it is stupid now. They did it because 1) "it saves the hassle of having to collect lunch money" and 2) so children on free lunch would not be stigmatized by their peers knowing they are on free lunch.

It sure bothers the majority of right wingers to hear that hungry kids are being fed on uncle sam's dime. Never a word about corporate welfare from these faithful foot soldiers for the filthy rich and corporations.

It sure bothers the majority of right wingers to hear that hungry kids are being fed on uncle sam's dime. Never a word about corporate welfare from these faithful foot soldiers for the filthy rich and corporations.
Mind readers of the world unite.

Forum List

Back