🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

58 psychos involved in 193 car pileup in Michigan blizzard will be cited for speeding

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Wish they could throw them in prison. HIghways are full of psychopaths that refuse to slow down no matter how bad conditions are. They don't care if they kill you, me, or even themselves.

More than 60 drivers to be ticketed in deadly Michigan pile-up - Yahoo News

march 19 2015
DETROIT (Reuters) - More than 60 motorists involved in a deadly 193-vehicle pileup on Interstate 94 earlier this year in southern Michigan will be ticketed starting on Thursday for driving too fast and other violations.

A total of 58 people in commercial and passenger
vehicles were driving too fast that snowy day on Jan. 9 when they slammed into vehicles that had already crashed about 10 miles east of Kalamazoo, said Michigan State Police First Lieutenant Dale Hinz.

The fiery crash killed a truck driver and shut down a stretch of roadway for two days.

"You see the vehicles keep driving into the crash," said Hinz, referring to video footage of the pileup captured by onlookers. "I think that footage demonstrates best how fast these drivers were going."

Three other drivers will receive citations for driving without insurance; one person will be cited for driving without a license; and another will be ticketed for driving without a proper license plate. Motorists will receive the tickets by mail starting on Thursday.

"This was not a situation that we can just say, 'It was very snowy, very icy, and therefore I'm no longer responsible for my driving'," Hinz said.

I can just hear these nutters now. "But the speed limit is 65 so i have the right to do that no matter what".

A ticket when people died in the process, to me, is not even a slap on the wrist.

God bless you and every impacted family always!!!

Holly

I can just hear these nutters now. "But the speed limit is 65 so i have the right to do that no matter what".

Actually the speed limit is 70 in most eastern states and 75 in the midwest.

Map of maximum posted speed limits on rural interstates

I just got back from driving to Houston from New Jersey. Interstate highways all the way. It was a nightmare. The only way I could use the damn road was either go 80 or put a ramp on the top of my car.

I drove through snow going down and horrendous downpours of rain coming back and it didn't make a difference. The 18-wheelers dominate the road and everybody was bumper-to-bumper with maybe 20 feet between the vehicles. I would try to fall back and leave some space between myself and the vehicle in front and someone would just come along and jump ahead of me in the gap.

Very, very few highway patrol cars. I saw maybe 4-5 the whole way and back. But the worst place was Tennessee. I-40 is literally pocked with pot holes. And they aren't even trying to repair them.

So the real story is why don't these pile up happen every day?

Last edited:
Federal and state cut-backs have created this problem. People will always try to drive 5-10 miles faster than the speed limit, especially on interstate highways. Between the lack of repairs and maintenance and lack of highway patrolmen on duty this is bound to be the result.

Federal and state cut-backs have created this problem. People will always try to drive 5-10 miles faster than the speed limit, especially on interstate highways. Between the lack of repairs and maintenance and lack of highway patrolmen on duty this is bound to be the result.

Make the penalties for speeding significant and we'll get compliance. 10 malprow over the limit should get you a $500 fine and loss of license for a month except to drive to and from work.

Wish they could throw them in prison. HIghways are full of psychopaths that refuse to slow down no matter how bad conditions are. They don't care if they kill you, me, or even themselves.

march 19 2015
DETROIT (Reuters) - More than 60 motorists involved in a deadly 193-vehicle pileup on Interstate 94 earlier this year in southern Michigan will be ticketed starting on Thursday for driving too fast and other violations.

vehicles were driving too fast that snowy day on Jan. 9 when they slammed into vehicles that had already crashed about 10 miles east of Kalamazoo, said Michigan State Police First Lieutenant Dale Hinz.

The fiery crash killed a truck driver and shut down a stretch of roadway for two days.

"You see the vehicles keep driving into the crash," said Hinz, referring to video footage of the pileup captured by onlookers. "I think that footage demonstrates best how fast these drivers were going."

Three other drivers will receive citations for driving without insurance; one person will be cited for driving without a license; and another will be ticketed for driving without a proper license plate. Motorists will receive the tickets by mail starting on Thursday.

"This was not a situation that we can just say, 'It was very snowy, very icy, and therefore I'm no longer responsible for my driving'," Hinz said.
Tell me about it.

Just drove 700 miles on the interstate; it is a wonder I made it for the "weavers".

I love it when the cops get them a few miles after they pass me.

I just got back from driving to Houston from New Jersey. Interstate highways all the way. It was a nightmare. The only way I could use the damn road was either go 80 or put a ramp on the top of my car.

Well then, you're a coward. Don't gimme that crap about how you HAVE to break the speed limit or you get driven off the road. I've driven the speed limit or less all my life. Grow a pair you worm.

We drove that stretch for two years, in all kinds of weather day and night.

Nary a mishap. Reduce speed, adjust your distance from other traffic, take your time...

Thank goodness we survived. :thup:

Yeah...but when cops hit the road hard and start handing out lots of tickets...people call them racist pigs who are trying to collect revenue.

Damned if they do damned if they dont.

I've driven at 160kph when it's snowing or raining, as long as you have the right tires and roads are salted it isn't an issue. You just have to be smart about it and be ready for traffic situations.

Speed doesn't kill people, stupidity does.

I drive as fast as I want and I don't give a fuck who has a problem with it. If you're not passing stay the fuck out of the left lane. That's what causes most of the problems.

I drive as fast as I want and I don't give a fuck who has a problem with it. If you're not passing stay the fuck out of the left lane. That's what causes most of the problems.

Ah...now we see where your problem with cops began.

Note to you: You are not a cast member of the Fast and the Furious.

Im that guy cruising at 5 over in the left lane. And I dont give a fuck how mad I make you. Slow down moron. Your future has a date with a roadside tree in it. And hopefully its a solo date because people like you cause accidents.

So tailgate me all you want. Im enjoying your frustration every single mile.

march 19 2015

If we apply anti-gun logic, we should ban the cars involved in this incident. ;)

Yeah...but when cops hit the road hard and start handing out lots of tickets...people call them racist pigs who are trying to collect revenue.

Damned if they do damned if they dont.

Actually, the ones I see sailing down the road at 90MPH, phone glued to their ear (or poking at the damn data terminal!), and running 6" from the bumper of anyone who doesn't get over in 2 seconds are the state police!

Honestly...every time I see this (almost every day), I hope they do it to a guy in aan old beater K2500 Suburban...and he STANDS on the brakes!

Ah...now we see where your problem with cops began.

Note to you: You are not a cast member of the Fast and the Furious.

Im that guy cruising at 5 over in the left lane. And I dont give a fuck how mad I make you. Slow down moron. Your future has a date with a roadside tree in it. And hopefully its a solo date because people like you cause accidents.

So tailgate me all you want. Im enjoying your frustration every single mile.

News flash: Keep right except to pass, dumbass. With any luck, you'll get punted into a ditch by a Kenworth someday soon.

People like you are why I'm ready to start carrying a pound of roofing nails in my console.

I've driven at 160kph when it's snowing or raining, as long as you have the right tires and roads are salted it isn't an issue. You just have to be smart about it and be ready for traffic situations.

You're a psychopath. 100 malprow is always insane.

It's psychopaths like you that are the reason we have 100 highway deaths every DAY in america. You are sick and dangerous and should be locked up forever.

[

Bullshit. Note that despite higher speeds, German Autobahns are SAFER than US Interstates.

I don't know if they're safer or not but it doesn't matter since the issue of speed and safety was settled back in 1974 when america made 55 malprow the national speed limit and immediately highway deaths dropped from 55K to 46K. THINK

Forum List

Back