58 versus 8

58 killed with a gun by a white guy? There's nothing we can do and it's too early to discus it. 8 killed with a truck by a brown guy? My God man, we've got to do something and we've got to do it this instant. We can't afford to wait even another hour.

So typically American and so very wrong.
Strange. I don't recall anyone looking to take away everyone's rights right after the Manhattan terrorist attack.

Have you a link to that?
Creating stronger measures to keep military style weapons out of the hands of crazies is hardly taking away the right of citizens.

When they banned guns, knife deaths rose to take the place of gun deaths statistically. Goes back to the old adage that if someone wants to kill "where there is a will there is a way".
Now silly ass, someone comes at me with a knife, and his rectum is apt to end up on the guard of that knife. He comes at me with an AK or AR, and unless he is within arms reach, he has me. Big difference.

Things change. My ancestors were law abiding British citizens before the Revolution and fought for independence. The truck driver was let in by Schumer and Nancy for the purpose of voting Democrat but they forgot to brief him in his duty. Scheisse happens.

I bet you all your ancestors weren't in the country then. A lot probably arrived a lot later. That aside, the British would have considered them crims...go figure. And stop painting all with one brush. For every homicidal idiot immigrant I can cite millions that aren't.

FYI, One of my Great Great (and further back) Grandfathers was a surveyor for eight years for George Washington when they were young men,. Check out John Friend. When they finished surveying the MD/PA line he bought land from the Indians in what is now Friendsville, MD. After John Friend, all my relatives, to include the Ramseys fought in the Revolutionary War, the Mexican War, the Civil War (for the North) and in every war since. My family, from then to this day consider it every young mans duty to honor the country with Federal service. Some people are more patriotic than the average America haters..

Anyone comes at us with a knife is going to eat a bullet.

The only way my family loses "the advantage" in a fight, is if we trust that the guy at the door, or knocking on the car window, is a decent person... A belief that the left is severely eroding these days :/

An FYI and you will realize how many people lie about Aussie stats.

weapon_trends.png

Australian Institute of Criminology - Homicide weapon statistics

58 killed with a gun by a white guy? There's nothing we can do and it's too early to discus it. 8 killed with a truck by a brown guy? My God man, we've got to do something and we've got to do it this instant. We can't afford to wait even another hour.

Strange. I don't recall anyone looking to take away everyone's rights right after the Manhattan terrorist attack.

Have you a link to that?
Creating stronger measures to keep military style weapons out of the hands of crazies is hardly taking away the right of citizens.

My husband and I both have SKS rifles. Mine is semi auto. How exactly are you proposing to keep those military style (ours ARE military) out of the hands of crazies without infringing on the rights of others?

Come take them.
Now why should we do that. You say you need them for self defense. So, keep them for that. But if you are caught with one of them outside of your home, and do not have the same license as required for a full auto .45 Thompson, you are charged as a felon, the gun is confiscated and destroyed, all the guns you have are confiscated and destroyed, and you are never allowed to own a gun, or have one on your person for the remainder of your life.

No attempt to get your 'self defense' gun, even if it has a bump stock. Just do not have it out of your home if you do not qualify for the proper license.

What amazes me is that the left can jump the shark at righties being "evil" about the stupidest and smallest infraction, and yet, here we have a group that flat out says they are coming in with refugees to kill American's, and that they're going to take over the population (and vote) in nations - and yet, they can't see anything fucking wrong with /that/ - no those folks are a-okay...

Come take them.
Now why should we do that. You say you need them for self defense. So, keep them for that. But if you are caught with one of them outside of your home, and do not have the same license as required for a full auto .45 Thompson, you are charged as a felon, the gun is confiscated and destroyed, all the guns you have are confiscated and destroyed, and you are never allowed to own a gun, or have one on your person for the remainder of your life.

No attempt to get your 'self defense' gun, even if it has a bump stock. Just do not have it out of your home if you do not qualify for the proper license.

In Alaska I have the right to defend my car, my home, my property - and most importantly - myself and my family regardless of where I happened to be.

Come take them.

In Alaska I have the right to defend my car, my home, my property - and most importantly - myself and my family regardless of where I happened to be.
I have successfully defended myself in a situation of 10 against 1 with just a single shot 12 gauge. Why is there any need for a gun that can easily be a machine gun? You idiots keep up this nonsense, and as the body count increases with each atrocity, they will put controls on even the hunting guns that I own. You are far more a danger to my 2nd Amendment rights than the far left.

When they banned guns, knife deaths rose to take the place of gun deaths statistically. Goes back to the old adage that if someone wants to kill "where there is a will there is a way".
Now silly ass, someone comes at me with a knife, and his rectum is apt to end up on the guard of that knife. He comes at me with an AK or AR, and unless he is within arms reach, he has me. Big difference.

I was commenting on the fairy tale that Australia's ban on guns reduced homicides.

Have you a link to that?
You mean the panic that produced the Patriot Act?
Seems you cannot follow your own thread.

What terror attack in the last 48 hours happened in Manhattan, and tell Me, where is anyone calling to take away anyone's rights because of it?
Trump is already trying to take away the "rights" of people to come here. Why, because he's in a panic. But guns killing 58? Well, shoot, we can't do a thing about that there are just bad people in the world.

People do NOT HAVE A RIGHT to come here. People come here by our laws to improve America, not so they can have a free ride.

Guns are included in our 2nd amendment, and you leftists want to ignore it.

Immigration laws are in force, and you leftists want to ignore them too!

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE---------> Trump wants to curtail illegal immigration AND DIVERSITY immigration, so he follows the law and either does what is in his power, or has asked congress to change it.

Guns--------> You people will not DARE put up a law to ban guns, because you will all lose your jobs in congress, so you talk crap! We have as much a right to own a gun, as the THUG NFL has to kneel. And YOU have a right NOT to watch us for owning a gun, just as WE have the right NOT to watch the NFL because they kneel.

GUESS WHO IS WINNING the debate you incompetent, irrelevant, and immaterial leftist-)
Now look, dumb fuck, the Supreme Court already established the type of gun that a citizen can own without special license. That special license law can be extended to include the assault weapons.

Did anyone point out rental trucks do not need a concealed carry permit?

Maybe we should limit the amount of fuel you can put in one.

Are we tightening immigration background checks?

How complicated was this guy's plan that it took him a year to plan driving a truck through pedestrians?

Not a contradiction at all. In the rural areas where I lived, everyone owned guns, knew the muzzle velocity and energy of the guns they owned, and the drop at range. Very few homocides with type of people. Today, people buy guns with zero knowledge of how they work, or the ballastics. Another status symbol, and a far more dangerous one than the oversized pickups they also seem to own.

I was commenting on the fairy tale that Australia's ban on guns reduced homicides.
And I was commenting on the fact that their homicide rate is miniscule compared to ours. And I would far rather face off with a person with a knife than one with a gun.

Well the one who killed 58 is dead. The one who killed 8 is going to die. So justice will be served and you can stop weeping.
Justice may be served, but the victims are still dead. The proper response is how to prevent such atrocities in the future.

Forum List

Back