6 beautiful homes that run on solar power

lol......here on Long Island in New York, you drive through any neighborhood with hundreds of homes and you find a handful of solar panel roofs. A joke.

:bigbed:
Not true in the neighborhood I live or the LI areas I drive through during the day.
Solar is great for residential.

I am seeing more and more solar in the upscale neighborhoods. Buckhead, Sandy Springs and the like are buying panels.

lol......here on Long Island in New York, you drive through any neighborhood with hundreds of homes and you find a handful of solar panel roofs. A joke.

Not true in the neighborhood I live or the LI areas I drive through during the day.

I am seeing more and more solar in the upscale neighborhoods. Buckhead, Sandy Springs and the like are buying panels.

= very few :popcorn:

Have you spent much time in Buckhead?

Nope.

Beautiful homes, indeed. Notice the price tags on these homes. Does that have anything to do with the expense of solar power? Just wondering.
How much power is produced, at midnight, on December 21st?
You are soo bright, you shine indiscriminately. :20:
Is it really that hard to answer my question?
You think everybody is against you. It helps that you don't actually read what people type. LOL

Nobody cares about Buckland??

If solar doesn't resonate with the middle class, its always going to be a fringe energy source. After 20 years, its still fringe, just like EV's......only the rich want them.

Just sayin'...........all the excitement in people over solar power is nothing more than unicorn chasing feel-good stuff, which is great I suppose, but in the real world, nobody is caring.:icon_sjung:

For those who insist solar won't work. People who spent $millions on these homes are not so stupid.

So come the winter solstice, the shortest coldest day of the year at midnight, how much energy is being produced?

The same per hour as the rest of the year. With a slightly shorter day, a small amount less.
The same per hour as the rest of the year. With a slightly shorter day, a small amount less.
So solar power will be generating power at midnight of Dec 21st?

If solar doesn't resonate with the middle class, its always going to be a fringe energy source. After 20 years, its still fringe, just like EV's......only the rich want them.

Just sayin'...........all the excitement in people over solar power is nothing more than unicorn chasing feel-good stuff, which is great I suppose, but in the real world, nobody is caring.:icon_sjung:

Which goes back to my comment about not being dominant so it is worthless.

In the 1950s solar power had an efficiency of around 5%. The new solar panels are hitting 25% efficiency in the real world. They are getting 30% to 35% in lab settings.

As for EVs, I see several a day in Atlanta. It is coming.

Beautiful homes, indeed. Notice the price tags on these homes. Does that have anything to do with the expense of solar power? Just wondering.
How much power is produced, at midnight, on December 21st?
You are soo bright, you shine indiscriminately. :20:
Is it really that hard to answer my question?
You think everybody is against you. It helps that you don't actually read what people type. LOL
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not. If you aren't, then I apologize for being rude.

In the 1950s solar power had an efficiency of around 5%. The new solar panels are hitting 25% efficiency in the real world. They are getting 30% to 35% in lab settings.

Wow 35%, sure seems that with 95% efficient coal and natural gas, that a typical liberal like you would love lowering the standards, like your 1/2 white brother did all the time.

For those who insist solar won't work. People who spent $millions on these homes are not so stupid.

So come the winter solstice, the shortest coldest day of the year at midnight, how much energy is being produced?

At midnight on Dec 21st you will be using the energy you stored in the batteries.

How much electricity are you using at midnight on Dec 21st? Heat and a nightlight?

Wow 35%, sure seems that with 95% efficient coal and natural gas, that a typical liberal like you would love lowering the standards, like your 1/2 white brother did all the time.

Calling me a liberal is laughable.

Yes, fossil fuels are far more efficient, at least right now. But there is a finite amount of fossil fuel. And getting it and transporting it is responsible for some horrific environmental disasters. Sunlight is a source that will not run out until the Sun explodes.

At midnight on Dec 21st you will be using the energy you stored in the batteries.

How much electricity are you using at midnight on Dec 21st? Heat and a nightlight?
Tesla's Electric Cars Aren't as Green as You Might Think
In fact, manufacturing an electric vehicle generates more carbon emissions than building a conventional car, mostly because of its battery, the Union of Concerned Scientists has found.

“We’re shifting pollution, and in the process we’re hoping that it doesn’t have the environmental impact,” says Abraham.
So Hospitals that are open all year round and 24/7 have to use batteries , but what if that power source isn't enough? An event like a Hurricane forces outages at the hospital? You morons don't think outside-the-box, because you have been drinking that liberal kool aid for all you life.

th0AT5P1R3.jpg

Calling me a liberal is laughable.

Yes, fossil fuels are far more efficient, at least right now. But there is a finite amount of fossil fuel. And getting it and transporting it is responsible for some horrific environmental disasters. Sunlight is a source that will not run out until the Sun explodes.
But there is a finite amount of fossil fuel.
Jimmy Carter : World To Run Out Of Oil By 2010

I keep hearing about the world running out of energy since I was around back in 1970's yet even today, we keep finding more and more of it. So while you liberals want to deny the rest of US our pleasures of inexpensive travels because that would make US happy, you miserable wretches want US to be miserable like you , so necessarily skyrocket energy prices, so your liberal buddies like Solyndra(who went bankrupt) can steal hundred of millions of dollars, and give US nothing in return except 35%

And why is it a joke? Because it hasn't gone from experimental to dominance in a generation?

Dominance?:uhh:

s0n.......have you see the government projections on solar power out to 2050? Check the most recent Obama EIA report from about a year ago. 30 years from now, solar is still going to b a joke compared to fossil fuels. Don't forget s0n......gotta vet the places you are getting your news from on this stuff. Don't be a sucker.:113:

Have you looked at projected oil prices thru 2050, son?
Have you looked at the progress made in solar energy? We run our small RV on three panels we have stored in a compartment.

Perhaps you think its a joke. More power to you. I like having options. Even if the solar only helps keep energy bills low, I don't see it as a joke, son.

We define "progress" differently s0n.

Solar energy, relative to coal, is progressing at the rate of a slug walking from New York to California. IDK........call me the asshole here but that's something Im not taking bows on. You ( and me ) will be in our boxes a long, long time when solar power starts making a dent in the grid. Until at least 2050, solar ( and wind ) will continue to be a joke.:113:

Not saying it isn't..........just saying it continues to be highly fringe as an energy source. Its not even debatable. Maybe around 2050 we can start having the conversation.:springbed:

And why is it a joke? Because it hasn't gone from experimental to dominance in a generation?

Dominance?:uhh:

s0n.......have you see the government projections on solar power out to 2050? Check the most recent Obama EIA report from about a year ago. 30 years from now, solar is still going to b a joke compared to fossil fuels. Don't forget s0n......gotta vet the places you are getting your news from on this stuff. Don't be a sucker.:113:

Have you looked at projected oil prices thru 2050, son?
Have you looked at the progress made in solar energy? We run our small RV on three panels we have stored in a compartment.

Perhaps you think its a joke. More power to you. I like having options. Even if the solar only helps keep energy bills low, I don't see it as a joke, son.

We define "progress" differently s0n.

Solar energy, relative to coal, is progressing at the rate of a slug walking from New York to California. IDK........call me the asshole here but that's something Im not taking bows on. You ( and me ) will be in our boxes a long, long time when solar power starts making a dent in the grid. Until at least 2050, solar ( and wind ) will continue to be a joke.:113:

I have not said anything about solar beating coal or nuclear.

I am simply praising the progress made, and the inherent independence of solar. We use ours on out small camper. Make boondocking so much better.

`
I'm a closet survivalist. I've invested about $40,000 in a combination solar - wind generators. I am energy self-sufficient. I can go completely off the grid but still purchase only enough electricity so the power company still has to maintain their lines.
`

Forum List

Back