6 beautiful homes that run on solar power

Really....you gotta take a gander at the level of k00k you have in this thread to really appreciate what normal thinking people have to deal with..........and one wonders why progressives get tagged as living in Disney...........

ITEM

• One person in this thread considers herself to be a "survivalist" because she has a 40K solar panel on her roof!!( oh sorry....and a small plot of fertile land). Now.......out of 320 million folks in this country, how many would consider themselves a "survivalist" with a solar panel as their preparation? Maybe 83 people??:abgg2q.jpg:

ITEM

• Another person in this thread is touting this gigantic emergence of solar power as a dominant energy source because they point to six luxury homes that have solar panels in a local neighborhood.:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:. WTF??!! Where do people come up with this stuff.........perhaps too may mesquito bites in the marshes for this fella.:backpedal:.........idk...............maybe too many bad cigars?:dunno:

If you want people to buy into your alternative energy plans, then you need to make it LESS expensive than what we are using now.
It's not that expensive. You're determined to be right but you're not.

If you want people to buy into your alternative energy plans, then you need to make it LESS expensive than what we are using now.

It is expensive and not very reliable and that is why it hasn't caught on, or are you suggesting people just enjoy paying more for electricity? Lol. Good lord, I know you are a liberal but just TRY to be reasonable and logical.

`
I'm a closet survivalist. I've invested about $40,000 in a combination solar - wind generators. I am energy self-sufficient. I can go completely off the grid but still purchase only enough electricity so the power company still has to maintain their lines.
`

OMG....and let me guess.......zero firearms in your humble abode??:113:

What does that have to do with anything concerning the topic? Grasping at straws?

When we have our RV out boondocking and using solar panels for electricity, there are several firearms inside. Not that the two things are related in any way.

Hey she was the one who described herself as a "survivalist" but I detected that she was likely a fake survivalist. s0n..you gotta read the whole post before commenting!:bye1:

I read the entire post. Survival is not just about having guns. In fact, the location and the expectations of what you will survive decides whether guns are needed.

Well.....lets face it s0n........when you live in Scratchmyassville USA, like you do, survival will never be an issue. I live a stone's throw from NYC.........just a tad different circumstance. Just a tad.:113:

Look junior, maybe you think you know things, but Atlanta is hardly Scratchmyassville. And I am not talking "a stone's throw from". I live inside the I285 loop. Just a tad different circumstances from living near NYC.

Hey she was the one who described herself as a "survivalist" but I detected that she was likely a fake survivalist. s0n..you gotta read the whole post before commenting!:bye1:
`
Your utter stupidity is noted. Survival to me is self-sufficiency. I live above an aquifer which gives me water. My land is tillable and I've invested in producing my own electricity. I can survive on my own resources. Now scat boy.
`

Whatever you say sweetie..........but best hope we never have a shtf scenario. Why? Because idiots like you will be the first casualties.........somebody with lots of guns gonna evict you from your solar home right quick!! IDK.....maybe you can hold them off with your wiffle ball bat collection!:boobies::boobies:

Oh God.........I love this forum!!:iyfyus.jpg:Crack myself up every damn day in here!!:iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg:

Or maybe she has neighbors who aren't assholes. When I lived in a rural area, if I didn't have guns my neighbors would have been happy to help out.

I'm glad you amuse yourself. That makes one person.

It is expensive and not very reliable and that is why it hasn't caught on, or are you suggesting people just enjoy paying more for electricity? Lol. Good lord, I know you are a liberal but just TRY to be reasonable and logical.

New technology is always expensive. My brother owned the first VCR in our family. He paid $1,500 for it. The last one I saw for sale was like $39.

Let the rich, or determined, buy and bring the price down. I have 3 flexible solar panels of 120 watts each, with an inverter. I spent about $800 to put them on my RV. Not enough to run a household, but when power went out after Hurricane Irma, we had a few luxuries our neighbors did not.

OMG....and let me guess.......zero firearms in your humble abode??:113:

What does that have to do with anything concerning the topic? Grasping at straws?

When we have our RV out boondocking and using solar panels for electricity, there are several firearms inside. Not that the two things are related in any way.

I read the entire post. Survival is not just about having guns. In fact, the location and the expectations of what you will survive decides whether guns are needed.

Well.....lets face it s0n........when you live in Scratchmyassville USA, like you do, survival will never be an issue. I live a stone's throw from NYC.........just a tad different circumstance. Just a tad.:113:

Look junior, maybe you think you know things, but Atlanta is hardly Scratchmyassville. And I am not talking "a stone's throw from". I live inside the I285 loop. Just a tad different circumstances from living near NYC.

lol........s0n........nobody cares about Atlanta!! Its in the news about 4 times/year and usually only because they get a 2 inch snowstorm and the people are driving into ditches. You got a pretty good football team and might be a story on the CDC twice a year. But other than that, nobody cares about Atlanta. I live a 30 minute drive from the center of the universe..........and trust me, no terror bad guys are going to be targeting fucking Atlanta ok??!!!:sleep: The "I285 loop"...........I cant stop laughing. Like 149 people have ever heard of that place outside of Atlanta.:up:

Its just a different perspective when you live in a place that isn't irrelevant!:cul2:What can I say?

lol........s0n........nobody cares about Atlanta!! Its in the news about 4 times/year and usually only because they get a 2 inch snowstorm and the people are driving into ditches. You got a pretty good football team and might be a story on the CDC twice a year. But other than that, nobody cares about Atlanta. I live a 30 minute drive from the center of the universe..........and trust me, no terror bad guys are going to be targeting fucking Atlanta ok??!!!:sleep: The "I285 loop"...........I cant stop laughing. Like 149 people have ever heard of that place outside of Atlanta.:up:

Its just a different perspective when you live in a place that isn't irrelevant!:cul2:What can I say?

I guess if you only focus on where you live, that makes sense to you.

I don't care how often Atlanta is in the news. I was just making the point that I don't live in Scratchmyassville. YOu made the assumption that I lived somewhere small. I merely pointed out the inaccuracy of your assumptions.

As for irrelevant, the busiest airport in the world is here. Atlanta is now the #1 place for making movies. The fact that it is not NYC may be an insult to some, but having spent some time in New York, the upstate area is the only part I found appealing. That you dislike Atlanta does not change what I posted.

Your comment "Like 149 people have ever heard of that place outside of Atlanta" is laughably inaccurate. But you keep trying. I'm sure someone else will be amused by your claims to know things, only to have them shown to be wrong.

Beautiful homes, indeed. Notice the price tags on these homes. Does that have anything to do with the expense of solar power? Just wondering.
How much power is produced, at midnight, on December 21st?
Add three Tesla Powerwalls, and the answer is as much as needed. Fellows like you are are such a wit, and I must admit that you are half way there.

I am seeing more and more solar in the upscale neighborhoods. Buckhead, Sandy Springs and the like are buying panels.

= very few :popcorn:

Have you spent much time in Buckhead?

Nobody cares about Buckland??

If solar doesn't resonate with the middle class, its always going to be a fringe energy source. After 20 years, its still fringe, just like EV's......only the rich want them.

Just sayin'...........all the excitement in people over solar power is nothing more than unicorn chasing feel-good stuff, which is great I suppose, but in the real world, nobody is caring.:icon_sjung:

Which goes back to my comment about not being dominant so it is worthless.

In the 1950s solar power had an efficiency of around 5%. The new solar panels are hitting 25% efficiency in the real world. They are getting 30% to 35% in lab settings.

As for EVs, I see several a day in Atlanta. It is coming.
Wow 35%, sure seems that with 95% efficient coal and natural gas, that a typical liberal like you would love lowering the standards, like your 1/2 white brother did all the time.
Ander, you continue to be an idiot.

http://www.brighthubengineering.com...are-the-efficiency-of-different-power-plants/

Coal based power accounts for almost 41 % of the world’s electricity generation. Coal fired power plants operate on the modified Rankine thermodynamic cycle.The efficiency is dictated by the parameters of this thermodynamic cycle. The overall coal plant efficiency ranges from 32 % to 42 %. This is mainly dictated by the Superheat and Reheat steam temperatures and Superheat pressures. Most of the large power plants operate at steam pressures of 170 bar and 570 °C Superheat, and 570 ° C reheat temperatures. The efficiencies of these plants range from 35 % to 38 %. Super critical power plants operating at 220 bar and 600/600 °C can achieve efficiencies of 42 %. Ultra super critical pressure power plants at 300 bar and 600/600 °C can achieve efficiencies in the range of 45% to 48 % efficiency.

Gas-Fired Power Station | ENGIE

• The steam powered turbine and generator increases the overall efficiency of the gas/steam turbine (or combined cycle) operation of the power station to more than 53 per cent.
Add the losses in transmission, and you are getting less than 35% from coal, and not much above that with gas. So solar on your roof, as far as efficiency goes, is right now competative with both coal and gas. But you don't need pipelines or railroads for solar. And once it is paid for, it just keeps producing without any further input of money. That is why cities in Texas are building huge solar farms.

Forum List

Back