6 Black Churches burned

... a symbol of home-and-hearth and the courage of ancestors" :rofl: ...
Yes.

It's not MY flag... I'm a Union Man, through and through... but it's theirs... and it means a great many good things to them that we do not fully appreciate.

We should not forget that on April 9, 1865, the day of Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse, on the White House lawn, President Lincoln asked the assembled bands on the lawn that evening, to play "Dixie", which, he declared, was now Federal property.

The Confederate flag does, indeed, mean home and hearth and the courage of ancestors, to vast numbers of people in the Old South, far more than it has any negative and racist form of connotation, and they are anguished over the prospective loss of that symbol, which the North, in its victorious magnanimity, wisely allowed them to retain.

Yes.

It's not MY flag... I'm a Union Man, through and through... but it's theirs... and it means a great many good things to them that we do not fully appreciate.

We should not forget that on April 9, 1865, the day of Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse, on the White House lawn, President Lincoln asked the assembled bands on the lawn that evening, to play "Dixie", which, he declared, was now Federal property.

The Confederate flag does, indeed, mean home and hearth and the courage of ancestors, to vast numbers of people in the Old South, far more than it has any negative and racist form of connotation, and they are anguished over the prospective loss of that symbol, which the North, in its victorious magnanimity, wisely allowed them to retain.

I never said it was YOUR flag. In fact, if memory served correctly, I believe you and I come from the same state of Ohio.

:D

However, home and hearth is just a bunch of bullshit. The Civil War is long over. It's time to let go.

When I kick you......you had better react with calm maturity. If you demand that I stop kicking you and call me a kicker...I will become offended and kick you harder. You need to accept responsibility for me kicking you and treat me with respect. You have no right to expect me to just not kick you. You need to demonstrate your desire to ease tension if you want me to stop kicking you.
You've encapsulated the situation not only succinctly, but perfectly.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

could be white racists. could be pyromaniacs. could be blacks/libs trying to make american look as racist as they think it is.

until someone is caught, and their motivation revealed, it is all speculation.
Its a huge mystery .....no one knows....Unnnnnbelievable..........

are you saying there is no chance it is some pyro that justs wanted a target that would get a lot of attention?

are you saying there are no lefties or blacks that would sacrifice a building to advance the agenda?

i am not saying that there are no white racists who might not have burned the churches down out of hate. it is the type of covert crime that one or two guys with no support could do to make a statement.

Yes.

I wonder now which will cause a worse reaction from a liberal......holding up a Confederate Flag or a Bible to their face?

9 blacks slaughtered by a white racist

The family offers forgiveness to the shooter, blacks pray peacefully and sing "Amazing Grace"

I can see why white racists are outraged by this over the top response by the black community

You know who started the racial lawlessness and divisiveness ...it was that law breaking Black woman Rosa Parks who became a symbol of divisive Black folks starting shit with white folks ...that led to the rabble rousing Martin Luther King....no wonder Reagan administration officials called him "Martin Lucifer Coon" ...if these Blacks had not protested they would be eating fried chicken , watermelon and singing spirituals by the barn were they lived...

If Rosa Parks did that today the police would have said " I was in mortal fear of my life when she reached for her waist line on the bus"

The family offers forgiveness to the shooter, blacks pray peacefully and sing "Amazing Grace"

I can see why white racists are outraged by this over the top response by the black community

Yes, it's a travesty, what?

And we have people here talking about a "response" to an "attack" on the Confederate flag.

Go figure.

could be white racists. could be pyromaniacs. could be blacks/libs trying to make american look as racist as they think it is.

until someone is caught, and their motivation revealed, it is all speculation.
Its a huge mystery .....no one knows....Unnnnnbelievable..........

are you saying there is no chance it is some pyro that justs wanted a target that would get a lot of attention?

are you saying there are no lefties or blacks that would sacrifice a building to advance the agenda?

i am not saying that there are no white racists who might not have burned the churches down out of hate. it is the type of covert crime that one or two guys with no support could do to make a statement.

Why.......anything is possible. It could have been ISIS. You are absolutely correct to desire a reporting of the evidence before rushing to judgement.

You know who started the racial lawlessness and divisiveness ...it was that law breaking Black woman Rosa Parks who became a symbol of divisive Black folks starting shit with white folks ...that led to the rabble rousing Martin Luther King....no wonder Reagan administration officials called him "Martin Lucifer Coon" ...if these Blacks had not protested they would be eating fried chicken , watermelon and singing spirituals by the barn were they lived...

If Rosa Parks did that today the police would have said " I was in mortal fear of my life when she reached for her waist line on the bus"

and you libs accuse us cons of living in the past. lol!

Yes.

I wonder now which will cause a worse reaction from a liberal......holding up a Confederate Flag or a Bible to their face?

Is President Obama a liberal?

Amazing grace, yo!

And then more churches would be burning because white Conservative Jeebus don't like them uppity negeros. And Benghazi, of course. Always Benghazi, like the secret spice that can make restaurants millions in extra $$$.

by A black community.

and you libs accuse us cons of living in the past. lol!

Why but of course!!!

I see your point, brother idiotus!!

ALL blacks all over the planet must show forgiveness, otherwise they are just uppity negeros!!!

Man, oh man, why didn't we think of that!!!???!!!

DORK.

Get real, RW...

It's not about the (damned-near divinely-inspired) Christian forgiveness manifested by the good people of that church...

It's about the assault on the Confederate flag...

In their minds, the two are disconnected... except, perhaps, that the 9-person massacre was the flash-point or trigger for the assault on their flag.

We may all safely speculate that this is the case, with the caveat that we can change our minds, in the event that other and surprising motivations come to light.

Forum List

Back