🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

6 In 10 Young Republicans Favor Legal Marijuana...So why dont Republicans?

6 In 10 Young Republicans Favor Legal Marijuana...So why dont Republicans?

The desire to control the lives of the mundanes is not restricted to party but is endemic in the political class.

Hey OP, don't worry, the future belongs to potheads.
Each state will fall just like gay marriage. You won.

Yup...ya'll have been misinterpreting the "stone the gays" passage of the bible.

We're becoming a more Christian nation now. [emoji1]

Personally I'm not a Christian, nor am I a follower of any religion. I'm agnostic in fact.
As far as gays marrying, it's a lost cause to oppose it, although I personally define marriage as between two persons of the opposite sex.
I will never recognize two persons of the same sex as being married, but legally there's nothing I can do about it.
Chalk one up for wishing I would have been born 50 years earlier.

I am 67 years old, a Veteran, a Father, a Husband and formerly successful businessman,

I am for the legalization of marijuana.
I am all of the above except that I am a retired deputy sheriff and a few years younger. I too favor legalisation.

ap609761613042-bcce402b2ff43ab38e226209b23f40a4682b38ed-s800-c85.jpg

Nearly two-thirds of Millennials who identify as Republican support legalizing marijuana, while almost half of older GOP Gen-Xers do, according to a recently released Pew survey that could be an indicator of where the debate is heading.

While the Pew Research Center survey published on Friday shows a 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats under the age of 34, six-in-10 GOP-leaning Millennials still said they favor legalizing cannabis. Seventy-seven percent of surveyed Democrats in the same age group held that view.

For those aged 35 to 50, the same 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats was evident, but the respective percentages were somewhat lower. In that age group, 47 percent of Republicans favored legalization, as opposed to 61 percent of Democrats.

As Pew notes: "The debate over marijuana also comes ahead of the 2016 presidential election, when both political parties are fighting over the coveted Millennial vote as this group of eligible voters swells in size, even if its members do not consistently show up on Election Day."

The survey follows controversial decisions in Alaska and the District of Colombia.They join Colorado and Washington State. Medical marijuana is legal in some other states, such as California and Minnesota.

The survey on attitudes on marijuana legalization by political affiliation largely mirrors a survey Pew conducted a year ago concerning same-sex marriage. It showed that 61 percent of self-identified Republicans under 30 favored allowing gays and lesbians to marry, as opposed to 77 percent of Democrats in the same age group.
The young are stupid enough. We don't need to make them more so with drugs.

Imagine how deep the stupid will be a couple decades from now when a huge portion of the population want to sit around getting stoned while collecting government handouts.
This is just another reason I'm getting the fuck out of this country in not too distant in tge future.

To answer the question in the title: Because it's the old republicans that vote.

In Katz defense The headaches and sore throat occurs when smoke comes in contact with a vagina
The only time liberal care about state rights is to legalize Thier addiction.

And the only time conservatives care about states' rights is when you agree with their attempted action, otherwise, it's time for big central government to step in and squash it. You're hypocrites.
Oh I believe fully that my state has the right to keep it illegal
you will have medical pot before too long....

ap609761613042-bcce402b2ff43ab38e226209b23f40a4682b38ed-s800-c85.jpg

Nearly two-thirds of Millennials who identify as Republican support legalizing marijuana, while almost half of older GOP Gen-Xers do, according to a recently released Pew survey that could be an indicator of where the debate is heading.

While the Pew Research Center survey published on Friday shows a 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats under the age of 34, six-in-10 GOP-leaning Millennials still said they favor legalizing cannabis. Seventy-seven percent of surveyed Democrats in the same age group held that view.

For those aged 35 to 50, the same 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats was evident, but the respective percentages were somewhat lower. In that age group, 47 percent of Republicans favored legalization, as opposed to 61 percent of Democrats.

As Pew notes: "The debate over marijuana also comes ahead of the 2016 presidential election, when both political parties are fighting over the coveted Millennial vote as this group of eligible voters swells in size, even if its members do not consistently show up on Election Day."

The survey follows controversial decisions in Alaska and the District of Colombia.They join Colorado and Washington State. Medical marijuana is legal in some other states, such as California and Minnesota.

The survey on attitudes on marijuana legalization by political affiliation largely mirrors a survey Pew conducted a year ago concerning same-sex marriage. It showed that 61 percent of self-identified Republicans under 30 favored allowing gays and lesbians to marry, as opposed to 77 percent of Democrats in the same age group.
The young are stupid enough. We don't need to make them more so with drugs.

Imagine how deep the stupid will be a couple decades from now when a huge portion of the population want to sit around getting stoned while collecting government handouts.
This is just another reason I'm getting the fuck out of this country in not too distant in tge future.
wave.gif

I feel better already ... look Mom, no more headache !

Hendrix smoked pot, he's been dead for 45 years.
pot did kill him though did it?....

No, stupid is what killed him. Same with Janice, and Jim, Elvis, and a host of others.
doing harder drugs and what Jimi did that day is stupid.....but it seemed like you tried to say pot had something to do with it....changing your tune?.........

Oh I believe fully that my state has the right to keep it illegal

Oh, but haven't you heard the new chant of the young? If an alternative lifestyle repugnant to the majority is legal in one state, it has to be federally-mandated to be legal in all 50...kids getting caught up in the experiment be damned..what the hell...they can't vote anyway so who cares, right?

I don't have a problem with it for medical usage or even Decriminalizing it for personal use. But to let the Government be in the business of handling dope for the people.

forget it. they are all drooling for that to happen so they have a bunch of stoners they can manipulate. they have enough already in the Democrat base...lol

Forum List

Back