6 New Gun Control Laws Pass in California

"Police or immediate family members must persuade a judge to sign off on what is called a gun violence restraining order, which lasts up to 21 days, but can be extended."

And by doing so affords the gun owner comprehensive due process rights, in no way ‘violating’ the Second, Fifth, or 14th Amendments to the Constitution.

Anyone who argues otherwise is either a liar or ignorant of the law.

Who pays for his lawyer asswipe....? And the court costs.....

Asswipe......he had the full monty of background checks....asshole....and he still murdered 49 people......they did every single thing you morons want done and he still passed your background check......3 background checks in fact.....and they didn't put him on the no fly list even with that.....but Mrs. Smith...who takes a photo on the airplane will get put on the no fly list because the Air Marshals have to meet a monthly quota of names on that list...

you guys are fucking morons....

The background checks as they stand today are no good, obviously. That flies right over the pin on the top of your head, I understand.

Why?

Why are they no good? Have you ever filled one out? Do you think anyone is going to answer "Yes" to these questions? And that these questions asked can be confirmed in just three fucking days when it takes six weeks to get a tax refund?

atf4473.jpg

Over the years, I've probably filled out 2 dozen or more.

You have to show picture ID to the person at the gun store, and they check it against what you wrote.

They call It in, and give name, address, SSN.

Have you ever filled one out?

No, I just look at them online. But I can tell you one thing: it's much harder to get a New Jersey drivers license than it is to get a gun.

it's much harder to get a New Jersey drivers license than it is to get a gun

Really moron.....I guess you better tell this woman...oh yeah...you can't.....her ex-husband stabbed her to death while the asshole democrats kept her waiting for her gun permit.....you are such a twit....

'No one helped her': NJ woman murdered by ex while awaiting gun permit | Fox News

Carol Bowne knew her best shot at defending herself from a violent ex was a gun, and not a piece of paper. And it was paperwork that left her unprotected when Michael Eitel showed up at her New Jersey home last week and stabbed her to death, say Second Amendment advocates, who charge local police routinely sit on firearms applications they are supposed to rule on within 30 days.

Bowne, 39, had a restraining order against Eitel when he killed her in her driveway last Wednesday, but she was still waiting for Berlin Township Police Chief Leonard Check to approve the gun permit she had applied for on April 21. Tragically, she had gone to the township police department just two days before her death to check on the status of her languishing application. In another indication of her fear of Eitel, Bowne had recently installed surveillance cameras around her home, and the equipment recorded the 45-year-old ex-con attacking her as she arrived home and got out of her car.

---------

New Jersey's gun laws are among the nation's strictest, but law-abiding citizens are eligible to purchase and possess handguns after filling out forms available at their local police stations, submitting to a background check on any possible criminal history or mental health issues, giving fingerprints and paying a fee. Once those steps are taken, local police conduct a 14-point investigation and the chief is supposed to approve or deny for cause within 30 days.

Check did not return requests for comment, but gun rights advocates say it is not unusual for Garden State police chiefs to take several months to approve handgun permits for qualified applicants.

The road to total gun control, one step at a time. Guaranteed that people with a poor credit rating will be in the gun grabbers sights one day. Irresponsible with your finances, then you're probably going to be irresponsible with your firearms. Maybe first they'll go after people with bad driving records.
As already correctly noted: this fails as a slippery slope fallacy.

Hey asshole.....he had the best background check tax dollars could pay for.....3 interviews with FBI agents, a 10 month surveillance and they threw an under cover agent at him...as well as a full document and social media check.........he loved your gun control...it failed completely......but John Q. Citizen in California can't have 15 rounds in his pistol.....

you guys are fucking morons.

He used the laws that you covet and protect and the NRA pays to keep in place, asshole.

Asswipe......he had the full monty of background checks....asshole....and he still murdered 49 people......they did every single thing you morons want done and he still passed your background check......3 background checks in fact.....and they didn't put him on the no fly list even with that.....but Mrs. Smith...who takes a photo on the airplane will get put on the no fly list because the Air Marshals have to meet a monthly quota of names on that list...

The background checks as they stand today are no good, obviously. That flies right over the pin on the top of your head, I understand.

Why?

Why are they no good? Have you ever filled one out? Do you think anyone is going to answer "Yes" to these questions? And that these questions asked can be confirmed in just three fucking days when it takes six weeks to get a tax refund?

atf4473.jpg

Hey twit......here in Chicago you have to get a background check, submit fingerprints and undergo 16 hours of training before you can get a concealed carry permit..........

Do you think the guys racking up the body count in Chicago are going through any of that before they kill the rival gang members?

You guys are so fucking stupid.....

If more guns makes us safer, why do more of us die by guns than other developed countries?

Your chances of getting shot in the U.S. as opposed to other countries.

View attachment 80245
What a bun ch of stacked deck bullshit. Plenty of other countries exceed US gun death rates, a category that includes everything from gun murders, to self defense kills, to suicides and gang murders.

If Democrats would just stop shooting people we would see a drop of 90% in gun related deaths.

If Republicans would just stop giving the NRA a blowjob we would see a 90% drop in gun related deaths.

Moron......what does the NRA have to do with the gun murders where 90% of the shooters are already convicted felons who cannot buy, own or carry guns........if you guys could think for yourselves and would stop listening to the gun grabbing morons you might finally understand that the solution is to put thugs in jail when they are caught in possession of illegal guns....30 years.....that will dry up the shooting......

Hey asshole.....he had the best background check tax dollars could pay for.....3 interviews with FBI agents, a 10 month surveillance and they threw an under cover agent at him...as well as a full document and social media check.........he loved your gun control...it failed completely......but John Q. Citizen in California can't have 15 rounds in his pistol.....

you guys are fucking morons.

He used the laws that you covet and protect and the NRA pays to keep in place, asshole.

Hey asswipe.....all background checks are going to be no good.......universal background checks will be bypassed the same way current background checks are bypassed.....criminals will use people with clean records to buy their guns, and mass shooters will simply pass any fucking background check you come up with because they too have clean records....like the Orlando shooter who passed 3 different background checks to get his guns....

I know that passes over you pinhead......and no matter how many times we explain it to you....

If you want to stop gun crime...you have to sentence gun criminals...including straw buyers like the gang bangers grandma...to 30 years in prison. That will dry up the straw buyers over night....then you have every warden, in every prison, and every gun store clerk announce to the friends and relatives of criminals...if you buy an illegal gun for a criminal....you are going to jail for 30 years.....

Let me repeat one part.......if you buy a gun for a criminal...if you are buying for someone who is not a criminal there will be no penalty......I know you assholes only care about arresting normal people who don't jump through all of your hoops...we actually care about criminals getting guns...you know...the ones actually using guns to commit crimes.....
You forgot to cite where any of the new laws in California have been ruled un-Constitution by the Supreme Court.

Absent any such rulings, the state measures are perfectly Constitutional, in no way ‘violate’ the rights of gun owners, and are consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence.

Sorry.......a tie vote on the Supreme Court or a 5-4 decision by 5, politically appointed lawyers does not make anything Constitutional or UnConstitutional.........we need to change that crap and soon...

Why?

atf4473.jpg

Over the years, I've probably filled out 2 dozen or more.

You have to show picture ID to the person at the gun store, and they check it against what you wrote.

They call It in, and give name, address, SSN.

Have you ever filled one out?

No, I just look at them online. But I can tell you one thing: it's much harder to get a New Jersey drivers license than it is to get a gun.

it's much harder to get a New Jersey drivers license than it is to get a gun

Really moron.....I guess you better tell this woman...oh yeah...you can't.....her ex-husband stabbed her to death while the asshole democrats kept her waiting for her gun permit.....you are such a twit....

'No one helped her': NJ woman murdered by ex while awaiting gun permit | Fox News

Carol Bowne knew her best shot at defending herself from a violent ex was a gun, and not a piece of paper. And it was paperwork that left her unprotected when Michael Eitel showed up at her New Jersey home last week and stabbed her to death, say Second Amendment advocates, who charge local police routinely sit on firearms applications they are supposed to rule on within 30 days.

Bowne, 39, had a restraining order against Eitel when he killed her in her driveway last Wednesday, but she was still waiting for Berlin Township Police Chief Leonard Check to approve the gun permit she had applied for on April 21. Tragically, she had gone to the township police department just two days before her death to check on the status of her languishing application. In another indication of her fear of Eitel, Bowne had recently installed surveillance cameras around her home, and the equipment recorded the 45-year-old ex-con attacking her as she arrived home and got out of her car.

---------

New Jersey's gun laws are among the nation's strictest, but law-abiding citizens are eligible to purchase and possess handguns after filling out forms available at their local police stations, submitting to a background check on any possible criminal history or mental health issues, giving fingerprints and paying a fee. Once those steps are taken, local police conduct a 14-point investigation and the chief is supposed to approve or deny for cause within 30 days.

Check did not return requests for comment, but gun rights advocates say it is not unusual for Garden State police chiefs to take several months to approve handgun permits for qualified applicants.
Given your posting history, this post included, you’re in no position to refer to others as ‘moron.’

And no one is saying the new California measures will have the desired effect or are ‘good laws’ to begin with – just that the laws are Constitutional and don’t ‘violate’ the Second Amendment until the Supreme Court rules otherwise.

Indeed, these laws reflect the will of the people of California, just as it was the will of the people of Texas to place an undue burden on the privacy rights of women.

Of course, that Texas measure was struck down as un-Constitutional, because it violated the 14th Amendment.

Now, if you and others on the right believe the Texas law recently invalidated should have been allowed to stand, out of respect for the will of the people of Texas, then you should likewise respect the will of the people of California to regulate firearms as they see fit, and not oppose the California measures.

You and others on the right can’t have it both ways.

The road to total gun control, one step at a time. Guaranteed that people with a poor credit rating will be in the gun grabbers sights one day. Irresponsible with your finances, then you're probably going to be irresponsible with your firearms. Maybe first they'll go after people with bad driving records.

Slippery slope fallacy? I don't know what that means, not being into buzz words. I do know that the gun grabbers won't stop till USA is a gun free zone. They know because of the 2nd Amendment they can't outright ban gun, so they will do it incrementally. Look at the pattern.

Slippery slope fallacy? I don't know what that means, not being into buzz words. I do know that the gun grabbers won't stop till USA is a gun free zone. They know because of the 2nd Amendment they can't outright ban gun, so they will do it incrementally. Look at the pattern.

their brains do not register patterns......each act against gun rights is new to them....for the anti-gunner...history only begins when they wake up in the morning, nothing else existed before then, that is why when we tell them about human behavior against other humans and the need for guns to protect against it....having seen mass murder, genocide, and ethnic cleansing, they pretend those things never happened...

New California Law Lowers the Bar for Gun Seizures
Legislation allows temporary confiscation of guns from people considered a danger to themselves or others

"""....

California, which already has some of the toughest gun restrictions in the nation, this week moved forward with a sweeping new package of gun control laws that underscores the power of the Democratically controlled state to carve its own path on the issue. On Friday, Gov. Jerry Brown signed six gun-control bills into law, including an expansion of the 1989 law known as the assault weapons ban.

Under the confiscation law, which went into effect in January, California residents can lose their weapons without being convicted of a crime, or being institutionalized. Police or immediate family members must persuade a judge to sign off on what is called a gun violence restraining order, which lasts up to 21 days, but can be extended. (O/P's note: Fantastic!)

The law has so far been used to seize guns in 33 cases, in some instances from mentally unstable people who had made threats or were suicidal, according to data through mid-June provided to The Wall Street Journal by the California attorney general and law-enforcement agencies."""

New California Law Lowers the Bar for Gun Seizures

If people are that dangerous, why not round them up and get them into mental institutions or put them in jail?

It's all about gun grabbing with liberals, not actually protecting people.

If only Republicans were allowed to take their own guns to the Cleveland convention, I do believe that there would be nothing let to argue about...

Militias were made up from the people, but not all people were eligible to join the militia.

That is not a reasonable explanation.

Yet it does open the question, why were some people not eligible to join the Militia? And why would the States be given the authority the appointment of officers and the training of the Militia - can't we infer that as part of the training some individuals would be unfit, and rejected from service. Such a rejection might have been due to mental illness, drunkenness or loyalty to the British Crown? So, I ask again, why would any sane, sober and responsible community / State / nation allow such persons to own or possess a gun, be it a single action revolver or a Glock 19 with a large capacity magazine?

why were some people not eligible to join the Militia?

age/sex.

In most areas, militia was able bodied men between the ages of 16-45, others, 16-57.

Females were not allowed to join a militia, no matter their age.

Once again, not all men are mentally or physically allowed to be in the Militia. COTUS gives the power to train the Militia under the rules set by the Congress. Has the Congress established such rules? If the State has the authority to appoint officers to train the Militia, which States have done so?

All the pretend constitutional experts abound on 2nd A. threads, so any number of them ought to have the answers to these questions on speed dial.
I await an answer which does not begin, end or include because gun right cannot be infringed. They are, get over it.

The second was put in place so people could form militias independent of the government
The government already had the power to raise an army

BULLSHIT! Why do you make stuff up?

Yes, the government could fund an army (Art. I, sec 8, clause 12), no such restriction to State Militias.

Not making anything up

the second was meant to allow the people to form militias not the government.

The bill or rights enumerates the rights of the people and restricts the power of the government

Hopefully, this will be another instance of that phenomenon of California being a trendsetter for the rest of the country. Stuff that starts in CA usually moves east.

These new laws will not forbid individuals from forming a well-regulated militia, as stated in the 2nd Amendment.

California is a lost cause. Such a cesspool with nanny state gold star. Glad I bailed the place last Friday. DOJ background check to buy a box of 22's
is laughable.

Another civil war may be required

-Geaux

You note everything you disagree with that way. It's become meaningless.

If only Republicans were allowed to take their own guns to the Cleveland convention, I do believe that there would be nothing let to argue about...
And I believe you are full of shit. What do you suppose would happen, a shoot out? You like all libs have a cartoon view of the world. They wouldn't even need to be armed unless they were at the democrat convention, we've seen how they act.

Why?

atf4473.jpg

Hey twit......here in Chicago you have to get a background check, submit fingerprints and undergo 16 hours of training before you can get a concealed carry permit..........

Do you think the guys racking up the body count in Chicago are going through any of that before they kill the rival gang members?

You guys are so fucking stupid.....

And yet guns are seemingly ubiquitous in Chicago. How do you explain that?

People who like their rights should move out of California. It's turning into Cubafornia. :biggrin:

Great idea. If you want to carry a gun to the mall or supermarket please do move to a Red State. You won't be missed in California. We already have over 10% of the nation's population so allowing a few ammosexuals free travel to points east is well worth the expense. And those not living here, don't bother coming, while jobs are plentiful they require higher education degrees and real 21st Century skills; post WW II homes built in urban areas here are 1,100 sq. ft. and cost in the million dollar range, and remember road kill is hard to find on our restaurant menus.

People who like their rights should move out of California. It's turning into Cubafornia. :biggrin:

Great idea. If you want to carry a gun to the mall or supermarket please do move to a Red State. You won't be missed in California. We already have over 10% of the nation's population so allowing a few ammosexuals free travel to points east is well worth the expense. And those not living here, don't bother coming, while jobs are plentiful they require higher education degrees and real 21st Century skills; post WW II homes built in urban areas here are 1,100 sq. ft. and cost in the million dollar range, and remember road kill is hard to find on our restaurant menus.
You like being pussy whipped?

You mean Cubafornia. The place for government lackeys and peons.

Forum List

Back