6 weeks of weight training

I think you've never seen a real martial artist.
The UFC young buck wouldn't see it coming.
I'm sure Jet Li or Jackie Chan would make mincemeat out of one of them.
In fact, Jet Li or Jackie Chan would never show what they can really do in a movie because it's depressing how fast they can move.
Why do you think weight classes exist in every combat sport?

There’s strength and there is skill and, yes sometimes a smaller fighter who is more skilled can take down a larger fighter who’s bigger and stronger. But there’s a limit. At some point the strength advantage will overtake whatever advantage in skill the small dude might have.

It like on the avengers movies where Scarlett Johansson is doing backflips and shit and knocking out 250lb grown men with a single kick or something. It’s bull shit. That’s why it’s fiction. It’s a movie.

Why do you think weight classes exist in every combat sport?

There’s strength and there is skill and, yes sometimes a smaller fighter who is more skilled can take down a larger fighter who’s bigger and stronger. But there’s a limit. At some point the strength advantage will overtake whatever advantage in skill the small dude might have.

It like on the avengers movies where Scarlett Johansson is doing backflips and shit and knocking out 250lb grown men with a single kick or something. It’s bull shit. That’s why it’s fiction. It’s a movie.
Once again, MMA fighters are martial artists in name only.
They are not artists and if they fought a martial artist with 20+ years experience, they'd be mincemeat.
It is a fact that becoming an artist takes practice, diligence and a lot of time.

The comic book movies are indeed a joke.

I would never be a power lifter because don't have the build and I prefer speed and accuracy.
Some of the guys I work with, who I'm good personal friends with, are power lifters, but they listen to my advice because there are some tasks we do together and I'm the one who isn't sweating like a pig.
I see the power lifters walking and they are stiff as heck.
I also have long periods of time, due to work, that I can't go to the gym.

I prefer to see people age as gracefully as possible.
They’re sweating because they’re a lot bigger and very possibly on a steroid like Tren that makes you sweat insanely. It doesn’t necessarily mean you’re in better shape and certainly doesn’t mean you’re stronger.

Everyone has time to go to the gym if they wanted to, that’s a lame excuse.

Yeah, most weight lifters go through one hell of a midlife crisis once they realize that their days of being a beast are numbered. I’ll grant you that. I’m sure I’ll be on HGH and looking to buy a Harley and get some 20 year old arm candy in a few years myself. But at least we will be able to say we had our day in the sun.

They’re sweating because they’re a lot bigger and very possibly on a steroid like Tren that makes you sweat insanely. It doesn’t necessarily mean you’re in better shape and certainly doesn’t mean you’re stronger.

Everyone has time to go to the gym if they wanted to, that’s a lame excuse.

Yeah, most weight lifters go through one hell of a midlife crisis once they realize that their days of being a beast are numbered. I’ll grant you that. I’m sure I’ll be on HGH and looking to buy a Harley and get some 20 year old arm candy in a few years myself. But at least we will be able to say we had our day in the sun.
I hope you stay healthy for many years to come.

They are not artists and if they fought a martial artist with 20+ years experience, they'd be mincemeat.
It is a fact that becoming an artist takes practice, diligence and a lot of time.

You've watched waaay too much Sunday morning Chinese theater...

I don’t get your hatred of MMA fighters.

You don’t think they work their asses off? You think it’s easy?

It’s fine you enjoy kung fu movies, but they aren’t that much more realistic than the super hero stuff.

Where are all these “faster than you can see” artists? Do they only fight each other in super secret monasteries or something?

I don’t get your hatred of MMA fighters.

You don’t think they work their asses off? You think it’s easy?

It’s fine you enjoy kung fu movies, but they aren’t that much more realistic than the super hero stuff.

Where are all these “faster than you can see” artists? Do they only fight each other in super secret monasteries or something?
No hatred.
They are simply street fighters.
To use the term "martial arts" is blasphemy.

I watched some MMA on YouTube and it's embarrassing.
They're slow as shit, inaccurate and their technique sucks.
You realize you have to get in close and grapple and stuff in a *real* fight?

back flipping across a room to deliver a single kick/punch doesn’t do a whole lot in real fighting.

The goal is to knock the other guy the f out. Not artistic posing and acrobatics.

Art doesn’t always mean looking pretty.

You realize you have to get in close and grapple and stuff in a *real* fight?

back flipping across a room to deliver a single kick/punch doesn’t do a whole lot in real fighting.

The goal is to knock the other guy the f out. Not artistic posing and acrobatics.
Of course...a martial artist never fights from a distance.
I got my black eye from my teacher who simply moved like lighting.
He pressed his fast against my face (not a punch) and my eye swelled up.

He can't move like I can and doesn't know the things I know. I mean, anybody could on any given day given a bad run of luck, but it's highly

unlikely he could touch me. He's muscle bound and I'm explosive and coordinated (somewhat) and know a lot of tricks.

WTF?! I was gonna post my thrice-weekly workout exercise, but there are no GIFs of dudes doing 12 reps with a case of beer? :aargh:

On lighter days I just do multiple 12 oz curls. :alcoholic:

💪
Not for nuthin' but how do you know what someone else doesn't know? As for the beer, go for the carbo-loading!

Of course...a martial artist never fights from a distance.
I got my black eye from my teacher who simply moved like lighting.
He pressed his fast against my face (not a punch) and my eye swelled up.
Sounds like you don’t know shit about martial arts, mma, or actual fighting. Martial arts is a tradition, and sport. Barely useful in an actual fight. Any real fight that isn’t a total blowout goes to the ground. Even mma as superior to traditional martial arts as it is, lacks some aspects when it comes to an actual “street” fight. Because in a street fight there are no traditions, or rules; aside from the best, most skilled, and sometimes luckiest fighter wins.

You sound like a 14 year old who just watched Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. And that’s not hyperbole. The fact that you don’t see how absurd you sound is a dead give away…

Sounds like you don’t know shit about martial arts, mma, or actual fighting. Martial arts is a tradition, and sport. Barely useful in an actual fight. Any real fight that isn’t a total blowout goes to the ground. Even mma as superior to traditional martial arts as it is, lacks some aspects when it comes to an actual “street” fight. Because in a street fight there are no traditions, or rules; aside from the best, most skilled, and sometimes luckiest fighter wins.

You sound like a 14 year old who just watch Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. And that’s not hyperbole. The fact that you don’t see how absurd you sound is a dead give away…
Feel better?
Didn't think so.
MMA...slow as shit, inaccurate and spastic.
I have nothing against people making a living.
In fact, one of my gigantic co-workers has a friend who fights in the MMA.
We also watch real artists.

I go to the gym and the guys who do several hundred pounds are groaning, their legs are wavering and their faces are contorting.
With training, they can do the same weight with good form.
Without training they can still put you through the window without spilling their beer.

In any sport or art, energy should only be expended only where needed.
I know what matters in real life $ are the ticket sales and commercials.
Don't take any offense (unless you want to) but it really doesn't seem like you have much first-hand experience with sport or other aspects of real life outside the strip-mall dojo.

Without training they can still put you through the window without spilling their beer.
I don't know.
Perhaps, perhaps not.
They signal every move and miss quite a bit.
Never wind up before a punch or throw a kick from an out of balance position.
It's obvious your teachers sucked of they didn't teach you this basic knowledge.

Don't take any offense (unless you want to) but it really doesn't seem like you have much first-hand experience with sport or other aspects of real life outside the strip-mall dojo.
An ad hominem...how expected.
Ever take a real punch or kick that knocked you down for 10 minutes?

I don't know.
Perhaps, perhaps not.
They signal every move and miss quite a bit.
Never wind up before a punch or throw a kick from an out of balance position.
It's obvious your teachers sucked of they didn't teach you this basic knowledge.
Did you ever stop to think maybe the reason they miss sometimes is because their opponent might be good at dodging blows? They *are* fighting other fighters. Not some random Joe.

Have you ever been in a real fight?

Did you ever stop to think maybe the reason they miss sometimes is because their opponent might be good at dodging blows?

Have you ever been in a real fight?
Nah!
It's both.
The punches and kicks are weak and off balance and the defender is just as sloppy.
It's OK; they need to make a living and the audience loves it.
Of course, people also loved Laverne and Shirley.

Forum List

Back