62 percent of American voters believe that President Putin would not have invaded Ukraine if President Trump were still in office instead of Mr Biden

The problem here is whether Biden just happened to be US President while this happened, or this happened because Biden was US president? .....
That's not a problem but yes a worthy question. The problem is that Americans put too much emphasis on the false ability of a president. But that can go both ways. First of all, we must understand that a president doesn't really have all that much power anyway. Big business and the so-called Military-Industrial Complex gets what it wants and the president is just there to make the decisions that the aforementioned powerful have already decided upon. Certifiable moronic idiots like Bush Jr. and Joey Biden have no "say" in anything at all but just nod their heads on queue. BUT! Some presidents have a mind of their own based upon experience and intelligence. Trump is one of the exceptions to the rule of American presidential buffoonery. He is intelligent, experienced, stubborn and relatively fearless. But remember now that he wasn't supposed to win ..... and that's the reason why.

The "bottom line", my bottom line, is that I don't really think Putin was being kept subdued by Trump but rather Trump kept Washington subdued thus denying pressure to back Putin into a corner by the CIA. What is happening today in the Ukraine would have already happened had Trump not put the kibosh on the CIA's mission to instigate war.

So, we are back to the OP, "62 percent of American voters believe that President Putin would not have invaded Ukraine if President Trump were still in office instead of Mr Biden".

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: That 62 percent is correct ... even if it is for the wrong reason.

Last edited:
That's not a problem but yes a worthy question. The problem is that Americans put too much emphasis on the false ability of a president. But that can go both ways. First of all, we must understand that a president doesn't really have all that much power anyway. Big business and the so-called Military-Industrial Complex gets what it wants and the president is just there to make the decisions that the aforementioned powerful have already decided upon. Certifiable moronic idiots like Bush Jr. and Joey Biden have no "say" in anything at all but just nod their heads on queue. BUT! Some presidents have a mind of their own based upon experience and intelligence. Trump is one of the exceptions to the rule of American presidential buffoonery. He is intelligent, experienced, stubborn and relatively fearless. But remember now that he wasn't supposed to win ..... and that's the reason why.

The "bottom line", my bottom line, is that I don't really think Putin was being kept subdued by Trump but rather Trump kept Washington subdued thus denying pressure to back Putin into a corner by the CIA. What is happening today in the Ukraine would have already happened had Trump not put the kibosh on the CIA's mission to instigate war.

So, we are back to the OP, "62 percent of American voters believe that President Putin would not have invaded Ukraine if President Trump were still in office instead of Mr Biden".

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: That 62 percent is correct ... even if it is for the wrong reason.

Well, it's a problem in the context of what is being said. But yes, they don't understand the role of the president either.

Trump seems to agree with a majority of those polled. Trump spoke about the relationship he had with Putin while he was in the White House on the Buck Sexton show

“I knew that he always wanted Ukraine. I used to talk to him about it. I said, ‘You can’t do it. You’re not gonna do it.’ But I could see that he wanted it. I used to ask him. We used to talk about it at length,”

“Had I been in office, not even thinkable. This would never have happened,”

Putin sized up Bush jr, Obama, Trump and Brandon. Now all you have to do is match the chronological timeline of his aggressions. It's a no-brainer even for the most dogmatic.

Trump seems to agree with a majority of those polled. Trump spoke about the relationship he had with Putin while he was in the White House on the Buck Sexton show

“I knew that he always wanted Ukraine. I used to talk to him about it. I said, ‘You can’t do it. You’re not gonna do it.’ But I could see that he wanted it. I used to ask him. We used to talk about it at length,”

“Had I been in office, not even thinkable. This would never have happened,”

Biden is weak and predictable. Trump acts tough and is unpredictable.

Putin is a bully and bullies pick on weak predictable guys.

Obama and Biden sent the Ukraine blankets. Trump sent them anti-tank missiles. Tanks make big targets.

interesting..i read your link and i don’t see where Carlson
1) blamed anyone but putin
2) defended putin

can you quote the part that supports your. claim
interesting.. you didn’t see where Carlson... because Russia did!

Russian TV Uses Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard to Sell Putin’s War​

Fox News clips of Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard trashing Ukraine and the Biden administration were a mainstay of news coverage this week on Russian state television.

IN THE HOURS since Russia launched its military assault on Ukraine, the news on Russian state television has been dominated by official statements and reports from war correspondents. But in the days leading up to the attack, as the state broadcaster worked to tarnish Ukraine and cast American criticism of President Vladimir Putin as hysterical, its producers borrowed heavily from another source: Fox News.

At least Four times this week, Russian news reports have featured translated clips of Tucker Carlson or his guest Tulsi Gabbard, a former Democratic U.S. representative, attacking the Biden administration.".."

`

interesting.. you didn’t see where Carlson... because Russia did!

Russian TV Uses Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard to Sell Putin’s War​

Fox News clips of Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard trashing Ukraine and the Biden administration were a mainstay of news coverage this week on Russian state television.

IN THE HOURS since Russia launched its military assault on Ukraine, the news on Russian state television has been dominated by official statements and reports from war correspondents. But in the days leading up to the attack, as the state broadcaster worked to tarnish Ukraine and cast American criticism of President Vladimir Putin as hysterical, its producers borrowed heavily from another source: Fox News.

At least Four times this week, Russian news reports have featured translated clips of Tucker Carlson or his guest Tulsi Gabbard, a former Democratic U.S. representative, attacking the Biden administration.".."

`
so you can’t quite the part of your link that supports the claim?

instead you response with another link

interesting

so you can’t quite the part of your link that supports the claim?

instead you response with another link

interesting
I can state the fact that Russia wouldn't play it if it didn't.
\NO need for me to parse words when we know their USE to the enemy.

haha so you can’t…thanks

move along
Daily Business Briefing

Fox News hosts play down Russia’s attack on Ukraine.​

NY times
Comments made by the stars of the network's prime-time opinion programs came in contrast to coverage by its correspondents reporting from Ukraine.

''As Russia began an invasion into Ukraine, the Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Wednesday night welcomed a call in to her show from former President Donald J. Trump, who blamed the “weakness and the incompetence” of the Biden administration for the military strike.

Tucker Carlson, Fox News’s top-rated host, questioned why Americans hated President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia in a segment on Tuesday night. On Wednesday, he labeled Ukraine “a pure client state of the United States State Department.”

As Mr. Putin mounts an offensive against Ukraine, despite diplomatic efforts by the United Nations and sanctions by the United States and other nations, the comments from some of Fox News’s biggest stars stood in contrast to the reporting from the network’s own journalists.

haha so you can’t…thanks

move along

On the eve of war, Tucker Carlson defended Putin. Now he’s backpedaling​

FEB. 24, 2022

The conflict in Ukraine and backpedaling were the main themes of Tucker Carlson’s show Thursday after the Fox News host was slammed for defending Russian President Vladimir Putin, and dragging President Biden, in the lead-up to Russia’s invasion of the Eastern European nation.
“I don’t think anybody approves of what Putin did yesterday,” he said. “I certainly don’t.”

That wasn’t the note he sounded 24 hours earlier, just before tanks rolled over the border between Ukraine and Belarus, bombs detonated over the capital, Kyiv, and families sought shelter in underground subway stations. As on-scene reporters stressed the gravity of the situation, and American media outlets reacted with equal solemnity, one notable exception emerged: Fox News.

As Putin started a war, the conservative news outlet’s top talent sympathized with the former KGB-agent-turned-despot over the U.S. and its allies — a stunning move even for the network that provided a megaphone for Trump’s Big Lie about a “rigged” election. But on Wednesday, any expectation that Carlson and Fox News colleague Laura Ingraham would tone down the pro-Putin disinformation they’d been feeding their viewers quickly evaporated.

Instead, Carlson used Wednesday’s show to wave the flag not for the U.S. or its suffering ally Ukraine, but for Putin. Questioning why we should hate the autocratic and isolated Russian ruler, the “Tucker Carlson Tonight” host discounted Ukraine as “a pure client state of the United States State Department.”

That same evening, Ingraham blamed the conflict on the “weakness and the incompetence” of the Biden administration, a position echoed by a number of Republican elected officials, and called Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky’s desperate appeal for Putin to stop the attack a “pathetic display.” You read that correctly. She was mocking a last-ditch effort to save lives and country...'

struth and Carlson are TRAITORS.

`

Daily Business Briefing

Fox News hosts play down Russia’s attack on Ukraine.​

NY times
Comments made by the stars of the network's prime-time opinion programs came in contrast to coverage by its correspondents reporting from Ukraine.

''As Russia began an invasion into Ukraine, the Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Wednesday night welcomed a call in to her show from former President Donald J. Trump, who blamed the “weakness and the incompetence” of the Biden administration for the military strike.

Tucker Carlson, Fox News’s top-rated host, questioned why Americans hated President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia in a segment on Tuesday night. On Wednesday, he labeled Ukraine “a pure client state of the United States State Department.”

As Mr. Putin mounts an offensive against Ukraine, despite diplomatic efforts by the United Nations and sanctions by the United States and other nations, the comments from some of Fox News’s biggest stars stood in contrast to the reporting from the network’s own journalists.
so i am still waiting…

I can see that since Trump was handing Russia state secrets and intel.
Bull crappy. I learn American state secrets and intel from whistleblowers via Wikileaks. What makes you think Putin would wait so long for Trump or anyone else to "spill the beans"?

What's your point? For the WHOLE TIME Trump was President, the Russians were armed the Ukrainian rebels, they were providing soldiers and they were hacking the Ukrainian government.

What did Trump do?
The point made was a fact in a thread based on a hypothetical wanting hypothetical answers. So that poster lives in the 'here and now'.

so i am still waiting…
Waiting for abu:

waiting for abu.gif

""Instead, Carlson used Wednesday’s show to wave the flag not for the U.S. or its suffering ally Ukraine, but for Putin. Questioning why we should hate the autocratic and isolated Russian ruler, the “Tucker Carlson Tonight” host discounted Ukraine as “a pure client state of the United States State Department.”""

GLASSNOSE also a now defeated Traitor. (or probably another Ru troll at this hour)

`

""Instead, Carlson used Wednesday’s show to wave the flag not for the U.S. or its suffering ally Ukraine, but for Putin. Questioning why we should hate the autocratic and isolated Russian ruler, the “Tucker Carlson Tonight” host discounted Ukraine as “a pure client state of the United States State Department.”""

GLASSNOSE also a now defeated Traitor. (or probably another Ru troll at this hour)

`
You are playing patty cake with yourself against the porcelain and you don't even understand the definition of "traitor". :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back