Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012

Tax on the rich hurts the economy?
Social security is bankrupt?
Low income don't pay tax already?

The Descendants of Dinosaur Jockeys are highly susceptible to slogans.......this is what makes them Useful Idiots to anti-intellectual figureheads like Rush, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck....

I understand all of this has to be true in order for the left to be viable, but that doesn't make it so. Even repeating such nonsense over and over for years and years does not change reality.

I understand all of this has to be true in order for the left to be viable, but that doesn't make it so. Even repeating such nonsense over and over for years and years does not change reality.

"Reality" being what you are told by college drop outs like Rush and Beck?

"Reality" being what you are told by college drop outs like Rush and Beck?

I have a degree...

Why so desperate Slim?

I sense your fear.

Have you spent more than 5 minutes with Beck or Rush in the past year?

Did you study economics beyond any distribution requirement?

No on Beck and Rush, I get information from many sources and form my own opinions.

Economics was a minor study area in my Social Science, Political Science, Science triple major with a teaching certificate.

On our board here I find Pinqy (sp.?) most knowledgeable regarding economics. CBO projections, National Debt, Unemployment rates, GDP, inflation rate and the like are obscured by the government frequently. Fed policy and political intervention are also issues.

Let's take a look at this a bit:

We already tax the rich at a higher rate, we also create credits and deductions. Regardless, taxes go to the government, not the economy. See the fallacy in, tax the rich hurts the economy?

Bankrupt? No, but the surplus has been taken for other purposes. If interest rates climb too high we may not be able to payout what was promised. My Social Security payout is based on what I put in AND a mortality rate which adds to my check. Currently what I put in immediately comes out to pay folks now. That is reason for concern.

If your income is low enough income tax does not come out of your check. You still pay sales tax, so the term pay tax is too ill defined. A low income person wth children can also receive a tremendous negative tax in the form of earned income credit. This is a joke as you earn the money not from a tax you paid, but rather the children you can't support.

Both liberals and conservatives bend this to their viewpoint.

Let's take a look at this a bit:

We already tax the rich at a higher rate, we also create credits and deductions. Regardless, taxes go to the government, not the economy. See the fallacy in, tax the rich hurts the economy?

Bankrupt? No, but the surplus has been taken for other purposes. If interest rates climb too high we may not be able to payout what was promised. My Social Security payout is based on what I put in AND a mortality rate which adds to my check. Currently what I put in immediately comes out to pay folks now. That is reason for concern.

If your income is low enough income tax does not come out of your check. You still pay sales tax, so the term pay tax is too ill defined. A low income person wth children can also receive a tremendous negative tax in the form of earned income credit. This is a joke as you earn the money not from a tax you paid, but rather the children you can't support.

Both liberals and conservatives bend this to their viewpoint.

Most taxes go to private business vendors.
Medicare will answer your call and resolve your issue in under 5 minutes.
You have to learn to ignore the incredibly skewed percentage of parasites; there are way more honest people across our nation than you seem to believe.

You have to learn to ignore the incredibly skewed percentage of parasites; there are way more honest people across our nation than you seem to believe.

BS, I pay out a third of what I make net to taxes in my business. Dollar one does not comeback EVER.

Medicare does not know I exist at this point, maybe in ten years. Resolve an issue? Seriously? :lol:

The last part has a ring of truth. Many people on food stamps, Medicaid, unemployment and other programs are just trying to recover. The problem is there are fewer of us employed people to supply the funds for help.

BS, I pay out a third of what I make net to taxes in my business. Dollar one does not comeback EVER.

Medicare does not know I exist at this point, maybe in ten years. Resolve an issue? Seriously? :lol:

The last part has a ring of truth. Many people on food stamps, Medicaid, unemployment and other programs are just trying to recover. The problem is there are fewer of us employed people to supply the funds for help.

It's not my problem you didn't research your Tax obligations before starting a business.
Almost everyone I know does and lives quite well with the consequences.
I had to deal with Medicare AND the Department of Social Services (Medicaid) for both of my elderly in-laws and both systems were far quicker and far more responsive than the private insurance companies.

It's not my problem you didn't research your Tax obligations before starting a business.
I had to deal with Medicare AND the Department of Social Services (Medicaid) for both of my elderly in-laws and both systems were far quicker and far more responsive than the private insurance companies.

My business has been running since 1999. I doubt your statements about Medicaid especially, as you would most likely not have that and private insurance at the same time.

My business has been running since 1999. I doubt your statements about Medicaid especially, as you would most likely not have that and private insurance at the same time.
My in-laws had Secondary Insurance.

I call bs on your inlaws secondary ins. being not as good as medicare.I work for the government in a large city (Chicago) assisting seniors with their medicare and secondary ins. claims.Since medicare pays 80% the supplemental private ins.automatically pays out their 20%.

I call bs on your inlaws secondary ins. being not as good as medicare.I work for the government in a large city (Chicago) assisting seniors with their medicare and secondary ins. claims.Since medicare pays 80% the supplemental private ins.automatically pays out their 20%.
Ask me if I give a shit about your opinion.
The US has about 600 Health Insurance Carriers of varying degrees of competence.
I have had issues with prescriptions that their internal physicians have given me grief about.
I always win but their employers are following instructions from above.

The US has about 600 Health Insurance Carriers of varying degrees of competence.
I have had issues with prescriptions that their internal physicians have given me grief about.

You are the one that's full of shit, scripts are a separate policy not part of STANDARD medicare and supplemental ins.

You are the one that's full of shit, scripts are a separate policy not part of STANDARD medicare and supplemental ins.
It really bothers you that Medicare has it's act together and many Health Insurance companies make you jump through loops.

Forum List

Back