74 school shootings in 77 weeks...Worth it's own thread.

Id love to annex some states and let the left have at it....an all lefty society.......... and come back a few years later and do a reality show of trying to survive the utopian jungle!!! What a hoot......of course, wouldn't be part of it without bringing my AK..........but what a rush that would be.:2up:

I'd like to see righties in control of a large city. Now that would be a disaster.

Giuliani sure as shit pulled NYC out of the pit Dinkins, Stein and Messenger put it in

4. Mandatory insurance for all guns owned

Suppose to get free speech, you need to register what you want to say with the government, get it approved, pass a background check, complete a waiting period, pay a fee and buy insurance in case you slander anyone and get sued. You on board with that?

Nope.

Words can't take another human life.

The fact that this needs to be explained is mind boggling.

The fact that you think that is an intelligent argument is mind boggling.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

It is a RIGHT, every bit as much as freedom of the Press. It is absolute and constant barring an amendment repealing it.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
There was another shooting yesterday, I hear. This is becoming commonplace. If I lived in the US, I think I would keep my kids home from school. Too much risk of them becoming the victim of a gun wielding maniac.

So you'd keep you child home where he is statistically 8 times more likely to drown in your tub or pool and 3 1/2 times more likely to die in a fire.
You will never drive him anywhere in your car since he is 40 times more likely to die.

Kids die. It's sad. I lost my first born myself.

There are over 82 million children ages 0-19 in the United States. 2200 died by firearm homicide. (2007 data) More than half were black teens.

National Child Mortality Data

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data

There is no need to step on the freedom of law abiding people so as to possibly prevent a crime in the future.

You want a deterrent?

Make all crimes committed while in the possession of a firearm federal crimes and then impose a mandatory life sentence without parole.

If a minor child commits a crime with a firearm then one of the parents serves a life sentence and the child serves with him.

Um, okay. GIven half these mass shooters kill themselves as part of hteir rampages, I jut don't see that as much of a deterent.

How about this. If you SOLD the gun to a person who committed a mass murder or any crime, you get a mandatory life sentence without parole.

Betcha the gun sellers would suddenly figure out who the crazy ones are.

There is no need to step on the freedom of law abiding people so as to possibly prevent a crime in the future.

You want a deterrent?

Make all crimes committed while in the possession of a firearm federal crimes and then impose a mandatory life sentence without parole.

If a minor child commits a crime with a firearm then one of the parents serves a life sentence and the child serves with him.

Um, okay. GIven half these mass shooters kill themselves as part of hteir rampages, I jut don't see that as much of a deterent.

How about this. If you SOLD the gun to a person who committed a mass murder or any crime, you get a mandatory life sentence without parole.

Since mass shootings account for less than one percent of all murders I don't see that as a reason not to implement the punishment I suggest

Selling a gun is not illegal. I am only interested in punishing criminals.

There was another shooting yesterday, I hear. This is becoming commonplace. If I lived in the US, I think I would keep my kids home from school. Too much risk of them becoming the victim of a gun wielding maniac.

So you'd keep you child home where he is statistically 8 times more likely to drown in your tub or pool and 3 1/2 times more likely to die in a fire.
You will never drive him anywhere in your car since he is 40 times more likely to die.

There are over 82 million children ages 0-19 in the United States. 2200 died by firearm homicide. (2007 data) More than half were black teens.

I can protect my child in my own home, I cannot protect them from gun toting freaks when they are in school.

I can protect my child in my own home, I cannot protect them from gun toting freaks when they are in school.

Protect them with what your mad kung fu skills?

You want a deterrent?

Since mass shootings account for less than one percent of all murders I don't see that as a reason not to implement the punishment I suggest

Meh, I like my idea better. Probably better than throwing a child in jail, which seems to be your solution.

Actually, I don't have a need to protect anyone in my home. We lock our doors at night and have three dogs. We are perfectly safe from gun wielding nutters.

So only intelligent people wish to give up their rights?

That's smart as hell, Mr. Highbrow.

Intelligent people recognize there is a problem and that there also can be a logical solution.

And where's the logic in restricting my rights? I haven't shot up a school. I've never shot a rival drug dealer. I respect the law AND the Constitution.

I'm not suggesting you be prevented from owning as many guns as you'd like. So what's the problem?

1. Longer wait times on ALL gun purchases
2. Expanded background checks on all gun purchases, even during private transactions
3. Registration of all firearms
4. Mandatory insurance for all guns owned
5. MUCH stiffer penalties for illegal gun possession
6. Convicted criminals, mentally unstable can not own a weapon. Zero tolerance.

-------------------------------------------------------

1. Longer waits for all gun purchases? How long? A year? Who knows.....right?\
Longer for first time buyers. But yes we can certainly discuss the length.

I am talking about specifically background checks on all gun sales, even in transactions between private citizens. They can travel to an authorized gun dealer who can approve the transaction for a small fee.

This is not a overnight solution, but honest people who want to legally own their guns will do it. And with time fewer unregistered guns will be in the population

Similar to car insurance. Liability, theft, etc...and you can get reduced rates if you can demonstrate that you are a responsible owner and keep the gun locked in a safe, etc...

The penalties for being found with an unregistered gun need to be really stiff that people will actually want to comply
6. Are convicted felons and mentally unstable people able to purchase guns now?

The tolerance for these people needs to be tightened up.

Really guy! What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult for you to grasp?

OK what's it going to be? Mouth breather? Lowbrow? Inbred?

Which part of well regulated confuses you?

Its people like spoonman and the rest of the lowbrows in this thread that are the reason that intelligent conversation about this topic are impossible.

Intelligent people recognize there is a problem and that there also can be a logical solution.

Um no, you think you have a solution is search of a problem.

Listen you anti gun nutters- It's acceptable risk to live in a country such as ours with a gun culture. If you don't like it, go to Europe.

Time to break out the 'Love it or leave it' mantra again

-Geaux

Listen you anti gun nutters- It's acceptable risk to live in a country such as ours with a gun culture. If you don't like it, go to Europe.

-Geaux

We get it, you're Ok with children being murdered at school so that you can have your toys. That's a good trade off in your mind. You're a true patriot.

-Geaux

We get it, you're Ok with children being murdered at school so that you can have your toys. That's a good trade off in your mind. You're a true patriot.

Firearms are not toys. And if you libs quit teaching your kids that maybe they would stop playing shootout.Now we have that out of the way

-Geaux

Actually, I don't have a need to protect anyone in my home. We lock our doors at night and have three dogs. We are perfectly safe from gun wielding nutters.

I don't have a need to protect anyone in my home

obviously you do

you lock your doors and have three dogs

Meh, I like my idea better. Probably better than throwing a child in jail, which seems to be your solution.

The parent too.

A killer is a killer. I have no illusions of rehabilitating criminals.

And I said any crime committed with a firearm not just murder should be punishable by life in prison.

And of course you like your idea better because it puts the blame on innocent people.

I hope your dogs are trained to attack otherwise they are not protection.

But hey at least the cops will get there in time to take pictures of the blood spatter before it dries.

[

The parent too.

A killer is a killer. I have no illusions of rehabilitating criminals.

And I said any crime committed with a firearm not just murder should be punishable by life in prison.

And of course you like your idea better because it puts the blame on innocent people.

The gun industry isn't innocent. They made a cynical decision that crime boosts sales, so we totally need more of that shit.

Which is why they oppose background checks, waiting periods or anything else that might avoid a shooting incident. Got to keep the rubes good and scared so they buy more guns.

Forum List

Back