93% of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

Salvatore Aversa: "The Republican Party can yell and scream about Obamacare all they want, but there is something that is not being explained. If the hospitals want it because it will reduce their costs, insurance companies want it because it will increase their customer base, and the American public wants it so they no longer have to worry about medical emergencies, who exactly are they trying to protect from it? Or is it they are simply looking for something to attack President Obama on?"
The obvious problem with that is that executives-including insurance and hospital-know something about money and business; not healthcare. And the people are not assured that they will be able to afford O'care. At least folks who cannot afford insurance aren't presently being fined because of it.

The bulk of the people don't want it. Where you been?:confused:

93% of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

That is what my daughter's father-in-law says, and he is a hospital administrator.

Poor Jake he just cant come to terms with the fact that his boy Obama, and his bullshit health insurance reform, which he supported is hurting millions of Americans and screwing up the entire Health care system....admit you were wrong and move on.

Tough, my failed neo-con ...

Pot, kettle, black?

Salvatore Aversa: "The Republican Party can yell and scream about Obamacare all they want, but there is something that is not being explained. If the hospitals want it because it will reduce their costs, insurance companies want it because it will increase their customer base, and the American public wants it so they no longer have to worry about medical emergencies, who exactly are they trying to protect from it? Or is it they are simply looking for something to attack President Obama on?"

93 percent of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

Hospital executives think health reform is going to make the health care they deliver a whole lot better -- and a bit cheaper:
Fully 65 percent indicated that by 2020, they believe the healthcare system as a whole will be somewhat or significantly better than it is today. And when they were asked about their own institutions, the optimism was even more dramatic. Fully 93 percent predicted that the quality of care provided by their own health system would improve. This is probably related to efforts to diminish hospital acquired conditions, medication errors, and unnecessary re-admissions, as encouraged by financial penalties in the ACA.
<snip>

yes i am sure they favor getting less reimbursement for services provided

The Obama Administration has been claiming that insurance companies will be competing for your dollars under the Affordable Care Act, but apparently they haven't surveyed the nation's top hospitals.

Americans who sign up for Obamacare will be getting a big surprise if they expect to access premium health care that may have been previously covered under their personal policies. Most of the top hospitals will accept insurance from just one or two companies operating under Obamacare.

[CHART: Which Top Hospitals Take Your Insurance Under Obamacare?]

"This doesn't surprise me," said Gail Wilensky, Medicare advisor for the second Bush Administration and senior fellow for Project HOPE. "There has been an incredible amount of focus on the premium cost and subsidy, and precious little focus on what you get for your money."

Regulations driven by the Obama White House have indeed made insurance more affordable &#8211; if, like Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, you're looking only at price. But responding to Obamacare caps on premiums, many insurers will, in turn, simply offer top-tier doctors and hospitals far less cash for services rendered.

Watchdog.org looked at the top 18 hospitals nationwide as ranked by U.S. News and World Report for 2013-2014. We contacted each hospital to determine their contracts and talked to several insurance companies, as well.

The result of our investigation: Many top hospitals are simply opting out of Obamacare.

Chances are the individual plan you purchased outside Obamacare would allow you to go to these facilities. For example, fourth-ranked Cleveland Clinic accepts dozens of insurance plans if you buy one on your own. But go through Obamacare and you have just one choice: Medical Mutual of Ohio.

Top Hospitals Opt Out of Obamacare - US News and World Report

Administrators are all about the bottom line- money. Doctors are not crazy about Obamacare and they are all about the patient care.

If more money for hospitals is the goal, maybe some will be better off, though many of the better hospitals, like Mayo, do not wish to participate in Obamacare.

Obamacare patients may have a hard time finding a good doctor to accept them as a patient and they may have difficulty getting an appointment. Since few doctors in California are willing to participate, the ones that do will have an overload of patients.

I thought Dems claimed to be about people, not money. Yet, Obamacare is helping insurance companies profit and certain hospitals will profit, but people are not the priority.

Seeing as the hospitals and insurance companies are going to make a fortune I bet they are excited.

Seeing as the hospitals and insurance companies are going to make a fortune I bet they are excited.

Neither of those things will happen.
Insurance companies will implode as their risk pools rack up massive claims. Hospitals are already opting out of Obamacare because reimbursements dont cover actual costs.

Administrators are all about the bottom line- money. Doctors are not crazy about Obamacare and they are all about the patient care.

If more money for hospitals is the goal, maybe some will be better off, though many of the better hospitals, like Mayo, do not wish to participate in Obamacare.

Obamacare patients may have a hard time finding a good doctor to accept them as a patient and they may have difficulty getting an appointment. Since few doctors in California are willing to participate, the ones that do will have an overload of patients.

I thought Dems claimed to be about people, not money. Yet, Obamacare is helping insurance companies profit and certain hospitals will profit, but people are not the priority.

i would not put much stock in the report

I'm sick of insurance companies making enormous profits on the backs of the little guy. With ObamaCare, they are forced to spend 80% of premiums on actual patient care. That's why we got the two refunds. :)

Then don't purchase insurance...problem solved
You see this folks, with OScam they are FORCED to spend money

what country did you think you were living in again?

People like luddy is the reason you are LOSING your freedoms in this country

Last edited:
I'm sick of insurance companies making enormous profits on the backs of the little guy. With ObamaCare, they are forced to spend 80% of premiums on actual patient care. That's why we got the two refunds. :)

See, he doesnt care if he gets something from insurance. What bothers him is other people actually making money. That has to stop.

they are forced to spend 80% of premiums on actual patient care

that gives them a pretty good profit margin

however spending 80 percent of the premium really does

not amke a reflection on the services provided

Why should they be forced to spend any percentage on patient care?

Why should they be forced to spend any percentage on patient care?

i dont think they should

but it is the arbitrary law of the land these days

Then, Jon and Rab, don't get in the health care industry.

See, not hard.

The main problem with the ACA is that Obama proposed it. If he proposed a trillion dollars for more cancer research and they found a cure the cons would still bitch. Obama could shit gold bricks, pay off the national debt and cons would bitch because the price of gold would plummet. They hate him, at this point it does not matter what he does.
:cuckoo: you do know that democrats and independents also have a problem with Obamacare, right?

Yea they want single payer.

After this debacle, just keep telling yourself that.
People got a taste of what big government is all about.

Forum List

Back