93% of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

Salvatore Aversa: "The Republican Party can yell and scream about Obamacare all they want, but there is something that is not being explained. If the hospitals want it because it will reduce their costs, insurance companies want it because it will increase their customer base, and the American public wants it so they no longer have to worry about medical emergencies, who exactly are they trying to protect from it? Or is it they are simply looking for something to attack President Obama on?"

93 percent of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

Hospital executives think health reform is going to make the health care they deliver a whole lot better -- and a bit cheaper:
Fully 65 percent indicated that by 2020, they believe the healthcare system as a whole will be somewhat or significantly better than it is today. And when they were asked about their own institutions, the optimism was even more dramatic. Fully 93 percent predicted that the quality of care provided by their own health system would improve. This is probably related to efforts to diminish hospital acquired conditions, medication errors, and unnecessary re-admissions, as encouraged by financial penalties in the ACA.
<snip>

Great, another Obama Kool-Aid drinking Troll thread.....

$44d99403-b52e-4742-8fde-b08e1ce392be.jpg

$LiveLeak-dot-com-732c462fa5f2-obama-kool-aid-battaile-politics-1365465516_jpg_resized.jpg

Seeing as the hospitals and insurance companies are going to make a fortune I bet they are excited.

Neither of those things will happen.
Insurance companies will implode as their risk pools rack up massive claims. Hospitals are already opting out of Obamacare because reimbursements dont cover actual costs.

I suggest you actually read the bill if you're going to argue about it.

I work for a major hospital system. I won't say the admins love Obamacare but what they do love is stablization. Once the dust settles and there are more insured, the mission of a healthier community will become easier.

The great misnomer (i.e. lie) is that emergency care is something the Hosptial makes a ton of money on. Hardly. What we make money on is procedures. More covered procedures will mean more money for the system, for sure. The great thing about Obamacare is that it will move people to get routine and periodic check-ups instead of waiting until they are sick to self-present to the ER.

The trend is to close the trauma centers and move to ambulatory care clinics. We've increased the number of campuses in the system and actually decreased the number of ERs.

Are you Serious? You would have to drage people like me kicking and screaming for periodic check ups. Going to a quack is like going to DOT forget it and how come woman now are turning against Obama care? Last I read it was a 6% drop.

that blabber is absolutely NOT serious and it makes me think she is lying or working on the extremely low level as only this can explain this idiocy of a statement :

The trend is to close the trauma centers and move to ambulatory care clinics.

:cuckoo:

Only a total idiot or uneducated moron can compare trauma center with an ambulatory clinic or assume one can be changed for the other.
Or a liar who simply does not know what she is talking about.

a trauma center can not be substituted by an ambulatory clinic as an ambulatory clinic can not take care of the head injury after a GSW or a total crash on a highway ( as an example) or any other emergency medical care needed after trauma occurs.

this idiocy of the brainwashed left that ambulatory clinics can substitute EVERYTHING in the hospital is just revealing how ignorant they are about the subject they are trying to discuss.

Never said it could be subbed dumbass. I was explaining that ACCs are money makers and trauma centers are not. Either read or fuck off.

Seeing as the hospitals and insurance companies are going to make a fortune I bet they are excited.

Insurance companies will implode as their risk pools rack up massive claims. Hospitals are already opting out of Obamacare because reimbursements dont cover actual costs.

I suggest you get your head out of your ass if you're going to discuss this.

Ah no good answer so you resort to name calling. Case and point.

Actually, the insurance companies are going to be at risk to some extent. If the young don't sign up and the government has to step in and subsidize the insurance companies....I don't think that will bode well for them. If this happens, I would hate to see what the premiums will look like for 2015, I have a feeling the middle class is going to get screwed every which way.

Salvatore Aversa: "The Republican Party can yell and scream about Obamacare all they want, but there is something that is not being explained. If the hospitals want it because it will reduce their costs, insurance companies want it because it will increase their customer base, and the American public wants it so they no longer have to worry about medical emergencies, who exactly are they trying to protect from it? Or is it they are simply looking for something to attack President Obama on?"

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

Hospital executives think health reform is going to make the health care they deliver a whole lot better -- and a bit cheaper:
Fully 65 percent indicated that by 2020, they believe the healthcare system as a whole will be somewhat or significantly better than it is today. And when they were asked about their own institutions, the optimism was even more dramatic. Fully 93 percent predicted that the quality of care provided by their own health system would improve. This is probably related to efforts to diminish hospital acquired conditions, medication errors, and unnecessary re-admissions, as encouraged by financial penalties in the ACA.
<snip>

Wow, way to support Fascism.

Health facilities run The Census on a daily basis.
This is series of comprehensive reports that compare all the costs associated with running the business vs compensation for products and services rendered.
This facilities, ranging from a one physician practice to a group of hospitals will claim losses at year's end.
If the hospital is running a loss, which MANY hospitals across this great nation have done for DECADES, they will pursue various venues out of their predicament.

Judging by this thread and others by Star, it appears he has appointed himself Obama's Propaganda Minister. He's not so good at it, is he?

Yeah financial implosion from exchange policies is impossible given the co-pay, deductible, reinsurance and network tweaks but reputation damage, loopholes such as 364 day insurance and other free market effects may destroy the non-exchange industry. Guess which industry is larger and more profitable?

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

<snip>

In other news, poor people declare that the food stamp program is a resounding success. Also, military contractors favor war with Iraq.

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

<snip>

Hospital administrators are not going to diverge from the golden goose that's going to keep them solvent. Indeed, the cost of healthcare is still there, the only difference is who's paying or it. The ACA punishes me for the poor health/health choices of another. It takes the hospital costs of others and gives them to me against my will. Sure the burden is off the hospital, only now 'm paying for it. What hospital administrator wouldn't like that?

Last edited:
healthmyths blew his creditability a long time ago, and almost no one wishes to play his fantasy games.

Sorry Fake,

But he has a great deal of credibility.

Your pathetic attempts to poison the well won't work. You don't produce any useful information (and really....your relatives in the health care industry don't mean much to me...I've got my own sources with their own opinions that are just as meaningless).

Last edited:

Yeah financial implosion from exchange policies is impossible given the co-pay, deductible, reinsurance and network tweaks but reputation damage, loopholes such as 364 day insurance and other free market effects may destroy the non-exchange industry. Guess which industry is larger and more profitable?

Well look at that. all these pages and you're the first one to mention reinsurance.

Then don't purchase insurance...problem solved
You see this folks, with OScam they are FORCED to spend money

what country did you think you were living in again?

People like luddy is the reason you are LOSING your freedoms in this country

they are forced to spend 80% of premiums on actual patient care

that gives them a pretty good profit margin

however spending 80 percent of the premium really does

not amke a reflection on the services provided

ARE YOU NUTS????
Do you understand! 80% leaves 20% BEFORE profit!
Then you have operating costs oh...like say salaries, benefits, buildings, computers, paper, Internet access.. simple things called COST OF DOING BUSINESS@!@@
That leaves as the experts tell us less then 4% net profits! AND THIS IS BEFORE FEDERAL/STATE/LOCAL taxes dumb f...k!!!

Why is it so hard to understand! Insurance companies simply pay the claims!

The margin for health insurance companies hovers at about 3% generally.
It is a rank of about 88 among 215 industries as far as profit margins go.

I just can't believe people like you having so little knowledge which is a total indictment of your education system!

Profit Margin for Health Insurance Companies |

it was nothing more then an arbitrary number

they are forced to spend 80% of premiums on actual patient care

that gives them a pretty good profit margin

however spending 80 percent of the premium really does

not amke a reflection on the services provided

are you nuts????
Do you understand! 80% leaves 20% before profit!
Then you have operating costs oh...like say salaries, benefits, buildings, computers, paper, internet access.. Simple things called cost of doing business@!@@
that leaves as the experts tell us less then 4% net profits! And this is before federal/state/local taxes dumb f...k!!!

Why is it so hard to understand! Insurance companies simply pay the claims!

the margin for health insurance companies hovers at about 3% generally.
It is a rank of about 88 among 215 industries as far as profit margins go.

i just can't believe people like you having so little knowledge which is a total indictment of your education system!

profit margin for health insurance companies |

you are getting too emotional here.

First of all insurance companies are the biggest winners of this crap - the law forces people to pay insurance companies for nothing as the monthly premium does not cover anything valuable for a standard person and all the coverage by insurance company which they are getting monthly premiums for are starting after the person spends 6.000-25.000 per year( depends on the plan).

You are telling me that is spending 80% on the medical care of the patient? :lol:

--lol

Forum List

Back