A Better Reason to Delay Kennedy’s Replacement

LMAO we are replacing Kennedy with a conservative BEFORE the Nov elections and the left can't do jack shit about it.

Hell, I'm already looking forward to the replacement of Ruth Buzzi Ginsburg.

Good things always come in threes. Or bad things, if you're a liberal. :laughing0301:

There are legitimate reasons why Trump should not be allowed to pick a supreme court justice.

By Paul Schiff Berman

Mr. Berman is a professor at George Washington University Law School.

Almost immediately after Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement on Wednesday, Senate Democrats argued that his replacement should not be confirmed until after the midterm elections this fall — a version of the same argument that Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, used to stymie President Barack Obama’s nomination of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court in 2016.

This is surely a valid argument, not least because Mr. McConnell’s blatantly anti-democratic ploy stole a judicial appointment from a popularly elected president and gave it to one who lost the popular vote by millions.

But there is another reason to withhold confirmation that both Republicans and Democrats should be able to agree on: People under the cloud of investigation do not get to pick the judges who may preside over their cases. By this logic, President Trump should not be permitted to appoint a new Supreme Court justice until after the special counsel investigation is over, and we know for sure whether there is evidence of wrongdoing.

True, that point is unlikely to stop Mr. McConnell or his colleagues. But it highlights the real risk involved in letting a deeply compromised president shape a court that may one day stand between him and impeachment.

www.nytimes.com/2018/06/29/opinion/a-better-reason-to-delay-kennedys-replacement.html

a version of the same argument
Meaning not the same argument. I think he hit most of the regressive talking points. Kiss my grits. LMAO

Last edited:
Not gonna happen. McConnell is a hypocrite, but at the end of the day, power is all that matters. Words and morals are just dressing.
Nope.....protecting our liberties is what matters......and liberal activist judges won't do that.

Keep telling yourself that.
They practically have blasted it all over the news.
All you need to do is read some of Justice Ginsbergs writings and you'll know how she thinks.

Not gonna happen. McConnell is a hypocrite, but at the end of the day, power is all that matters. Words and morals are just dressing.
Nope.....protecting our liberties is what matters......and liberal activist judges won't do that.

All you need to do is read some of Justice Ginsbergs writings and you'll know how she thinks.

Well then, why are y'all so adamant about getting conservative judges? How about a judge like Kennedy, who can go either way?

Well then, why are y'all so adamant about getting conservative judges? How about a judge like Kennedy, who can go either way?

Forget it we won and we will select the justice of our choosing. No compromise with Dem's ZERO.

There are legitimate reasons why Trump should not be allowed to pick a supreme court justice.

By Paul Schiff Berman

Mr. Berman is a professor at George Washington University Law School.

Almost immediately after Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement on Wednesday, Senate Democrats argued that his replacement should not be confirmed until after the midterm elections this fall — a version of the same argument that Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, used to stymie President Barack Obama’s nomination of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court in 2016.

This is surely a valid argument, not least because Mr. McConnell’s blatantly anti-democratic ploy stole a judicial appointment from a popularly elected president and gave it to one who lost the popular vote by millions.

But there is another reason to withhold confirmation that both Republicans and Democrats should be able to agree on: People under the cloud of investigation do not get to pick the judges who may preside over their cases. By this logic, President Trump should not be permitted to appoint a new Supreme Court justice until after the special counsel investigation is over, and we know for sure whether there is evidence of wrongdoing.

True, that point is unlikely to stop Mr. McConnell or his colleagues. But it highlights the real risk involved in letting a deeply compromised president shape a court that may one day stand between him and impeachment.

www.nytimes.com/2018/06/29/opinion/a-better-reason-to-delay-kennedys-replacement.html
Oh, man. Payback is SUCH A BITCH.

I think the worthless GOP and its chicken-shit, useless leader Mushmouth McConnell should be no less accommodating as the Democrats have been for a long time---a/k/a Fuck Off commies, we're nominating someone next fucking week. Cry about it.

Forget it we won and we will select the justice of our choosing. No compromise with Dem's ZERO.

Not my problem. I'm not gay and I don't have a uterus.

Careful what you wish for, though ... I bet liberals once thought they would hold on to power forever too ...

Bane conservative judges that you disagree

Careful what you wish for, though ... I bet liberals once thought they would hold on to power forever too ...
all we need is eight years and a five to four conservative court.

I'm just saying ... you think liberals are nasty now? Imagine how pissed they'll be after you threaten, or slaughter, their sacred cows and they get back into the driver's seat. They'll rip up whatever's left of the constitution to get revenge against you idiots.

Or, a judge like Kennedy that has a freedom-first mind?

Kennedy did what he wanted to do. He thought with an independent mind. That's what I would like from all the judges; the capacity to disregard political rancor and examine the facts.

As much as I think some of his decisions (Citizens United) were damaging .... at least he thought for himself.

I'm just saying ... you think liberals are nasty now? Imagine how pissed they'll be after you threaten, or slaughter, their sacred cows and they get back into the driver's seat. They'll rip up whatever's left of the constitution to get revenge against you idiots.
They sound like the types who would murder the unborn!

There are 2-3 GOP RINO's we need to worry about, will McCain stab the party in the back again with a thumbs down? Then there's that idiot from Maine.

There are also Red State Democrats on the ballot in November, another reason to have the vote now. Let the electorate in ND, IN and WV know that their senators are extremists before they get sealed in the voting cubicle.

Even in Pennsylvania, Bob Casey Jr. still pretends that he is "pro-life", getting him on the record as being against a pro life justice would put the lie to that and motivate Pennsylvanians to elect Lou Barletta.

I do hope you don't think shredding the Constitution is a wise idea for the sake of "revenge."

I do hope you don't think shredding the Constitution is a wise idea for the sake of "revenge."

I'm not the one who's going to be looking for revenge. If it were me, you could rest easy. The people slowly assuming control of the democratic party are not as calm and level-headed as me.

Not that I am even a democrat (I am an independent), but every action has an equal and opposite reaction ... and it''s not as though supreme court justices can't be impeached. What happens when the ruling party no longer respects the law? The answer; they disregard law and precedent and do whatever they want. If you want a radical left to take control and destroy this country, by all means, keep pushing the far right bullshit. It WILL come back to bite y'all.

Forum List

Back