A bigger problem than Isis

I've read about , think its Johnstown FLOOD in N.Y. think it was the 30s there about . Pretty devastating .

I read the entire article. Took about 15 minutes. Rather interesting.
My wife's uncles house was completely swept away by the Teton flood.

A Bigger Problem Than ISIS?

My copy of TNY with this article just arrived. I will read it tonight. Dexter Filkins has spent more time in Iraq than most Iraqis, so I suspect there's some real threat here. How horrible, that a country has endured so much only to have a flood of Biblical proportions wipe them out.

Trump will try to blow it up
------------------- many probably would , wouldn't take much to blow it up in my opinion . No TRYING involved as blowup would be a cinch for most any government I think .

aw , when the USA killed / nuked 'jap' Nazis no one called the nukers Nazis POwl . Sometimes TOTAL devastation is needed in war fighting where the goal is to KILL and to BREAK things like dams !! [in fact dams are perfect targets'] See the Dambusters during WW2 where USA and Brit allies busted German dams to help win ww2 POwl .

darn kids, you gotta explain everything to them . Course , I like doing that POwl . --- In pictures: The WWII Dambusters operation --- so heres a little info on German dams being busted by Allied ww2 HERO's POwl !! Plus there is lots of info out there on the Dambusters of ww2' POwl !! [even a couple of good movies are out there to show the kids how things could or should be done POwl]

Last edited:

My copy of TNY with this article just arrived. I will read it tonight. Dexter Filkins has spent more time in Iraq than most Iraqis, so I suspect there's some real threat here. How horrible, that a country has endured so much only to have a flood of Biblical proportions wipe them out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- it'd be the 1 and a half million downriver of the dam that might be wiped out WF2020 !!

aw , when the USA killed / nuked 'jap' Nazis no one called the nukers Nazis POwl . Sometimes TOTAL devastation is needed in war fighting where the goal is to KILL and to BREAK things like dams !! [in fact dams are perfect targets'] See the Dambusters during WW2 where USA and Brit allies busted German dams to help win ww2 POwl .
Do you remember the dambusters code word transmitted to indicate mission success?
It was the name of the squadron leader's pet black lab that was killed by a hit-and-run driver shortly before the mission.

no , never heard that , the only thing I know about the Dambusters was seen on a couple of movies in , probanly the late 50s and early 60s and then bits and pieces here and there over the years Roshawn !!

Trump will try to blow it up
------------------- many probably would , wouldn't take much to blow it up in my opinion . No TRYING involved as blowup would be a cinch for most any government I think .

If you read the article,

When it fails, which seems almost inevitable, no doubt the USA will supply the majority of relief as we almost always do in cases of disasters.

no , never heard that , the only thing I know about the Dambusters was seen on a couple of movies in , probanly the late 50s and early 60s and then bits and pieces here and there over the years Roshawn !!
The dog's name was Nigg#r. That's why the movie was banned from TV for decades.
---------------------------------------------- thanks for that bit of info . It was a good movie probably run on Sundays and i didn't know that it was banned . Probably woulda been better to just edit the film for the Snowflakes ears or to just show the movie as it depicted the times of the 40s . Then the YOUNGSTER's / kids would know about destroying Dams as part of military necessity in some cases RoShawn .

i'm glad that i was born before PC became the way of doing things in the USA . Normal language in a normal society taught me a lot of things that I'd never know if i had been weaned on PC speech and thinking . ------------------ just a comment !!

Forum List

Back