A bunch of us at Harvard think the IRS handed Obama his re-election

Apparently Obama used the IRS and NSA to help his reelection effort

Still comfortable?

Oh, right you work for him, I forgot

No doubt, NSA personnel deep undercover as waitstaff.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2gvY2wqI7M]Mitt Romney's "47 Percent" Comments - YouTube[/ame]

Probably also using some kind of top secret mind control device to turn Mitt Romney into a stupid asshole. Devious.

What's hilarious about that is that it is TRUE and you guys act like it was sooo "damning" :lmao:

That video didn't change the mind of one single person in America. Not one!

Yes, IRS Harassment Blunted The Tea Party Ground Game

It is a well-known fact that the Tea Party movement dealt the president his famous "shellacking" in the 2010 mid-term election. Less well-known is the actual number of votes this new movement delivered-and the continuing effects these votes could have had in 2012 had the movement not been de-mobilized by the IRS.

In a new research paper, Andreas Madestam (from Stockholm University), Daniel Shoag and David Yanagizawa-Drott (both from the Harvard Kennedy School), and I set out to find out how much impact the Tea Party had on voter turnout in the 2010 election. We compared areas with high levels of Tea Party activity to otherwise similar areas with low levels of Tea Party activity, using data from the Census Bureau, the FEC, news reports, and a variety of other sources. We found that the effect was huge: the movement brought the Republican Party some 3-6 million additional votes in House races. That is an astonishing boost, given that all Republican House candidates combined received fewer than 45 million votes. It demonstrates conclusively how important the party's newly energized base was to its landslide victory in those elections, and how worried Democratic strategists must have been about the conservative movement's momentum.

The Tea Party movement's huge success was not the result of a few days of work by an elected official or two, but involved activists all over the country who spent the year and a half leading up to the midterm elections volunteering, organizing, donating, and rallying. Much of these grassroots activities were centered around 501(c)4s, which according to our research were an important component of the Tea Party movement and its rise.

The bottom line is that the Tea Party movement, when properly activated, can generate a huge number of votes-more votes in 2010, in fact, than the vote advantage Obama held over Romney in 2012. The data show that had the Tea Party groups continued to grow at the pace seen in 2009 and 2010, and had their effect on the 2012 vote been similar to that seen in 2010, they would have brought the Republican Party as many as 5 - 8.5 million votes compared to Obama's victory margin of 5 million.

President Obama's margin of victory in some of the key swing states was fairly small: a mere 75,000 votes separated the two contenders in Florida, for example. That is less than 25% of our estimate of what the Tea Party's impact in Florida was in 2010. Looking forward to 2012 in 2010 undermining the Tea Party's efforts there must have seemed quite appealing indeed.

Unfortunately for Republicans, the IRS slowed Tea Party growth before the 2012 election. In March 2010, the IRS decided to single Tea Party groups out for special treatment when applying for tax-exempt status by flagging organizations with names containing "Tea Party," "patriot," or "9/12." For the next two years, the IRS approved the applications of only four such groups, delaying all others while subjecting the applicants to highly intrusive, intimidating requests for information regarding their activities, membership, contacts, Facebook posts, and private thoughts.

As a consequence, the founders, members, and donors of new Tea Party groups found themselves incapable of exercising their constitutional rights, and the Tea Party's impact was muted in the 2012 election cycle. As Toby Marie Walker, who runs the Waco Tea Party, which filed for tax-exempt status in 2010 but didn't receive approval until two months ago, recounted recently: "Our donors dried up. It was intimidating and time-consuming." The Richmond Tea Party went through a similar ordeal, and was only granted tax-exempt status in December, right after the election--three years after its initial request. Its chairman explained the consequences: the episode cost the Richmond Tea Party $17,000 in legal fees and swallowed time the all-volunteer network would have devoted to voter turnout, outreach in black and Latino neighborhoods and other events to highlight the constitution and "the concept of liberty."

RealClearMarkets - Yes, IRS Harassment Blunted The Tea Party Ground Game
The American Press majority doesn't want to risk their good standing in the Democrat Party for this excessive abuse of power with the criminal intent of getting undeserved votes by people who think there is anything truthful about this mob.
They got a little upset when the the government hacked AP's phones...but they're becoming docile again.

So you are saying the normally illegal activities of the TP was stiffled by the IRS? Pretty smart move on donors parts to stay away from illegal activities that only represent 30% of a community, and not the whole community. :eusa_whistle:

What illegal activities? NOTE: Disagreeing with Obama is not illegal.

So I expect your list will be a lot shorter than you wanted.

Give the devil his due - nobody knows how to break the law, stomp on democracy, and get away with it like the Dumbocrats do.

Obama, Holder, Axelrod, and Jarrett are masters of Chicago-style politics:

• Voter intimidation

• Voter fraud

• Lying about their opposition

• Lying about their own policies and their intentions

• Using the IRS to attack, intimidate, and destroy the opposition

LoseSez_zpsc2345f65.jpg

Hopefully he will get to appoint 3 supreme court justices before he leaves in 2016. Maybe the Democrat who looks more and more like he'll take over for him will get to appoint a couple too. Won't have to worry about that then....

Cue Dredd Scott. But in this case, white people and conservatives.

Ahh...fear. The ultimate (and only) GOP weapon.

Democrats Have Nothing To Offer Voters This Election But Fear - Investors.com

Say Anything Obama's Social Security Fear Mongering Exposes Democrat Lies About The Solvency Of The Program » Say Anything

CNN's Cooper Calls Out Alabama Democrat For Racial 'Fear-Mongering' | NewsBusters

CATO says the Democrats are fear mongering about the debt ceiling and default | IGN Boards

I believe you were saying something stupid...?

Give the devil his due - nobody knows how to break the law, stomp on democracy, and get away with it like the Dumbocrats do.

• Voter intimidation

• Voter fraud

LoseSez_zpsc2345f65.jpg
Oh, look -- we got us another "Anything goes in the service of progressivism" retard.

• Voter intimidation

• Voter fraud

LoseSez_zpsc2345f65.jpg
Oh, look -- we got us another "Anything goes in the service of progressivism" retard.

Hey, what else do you expect from ETR? He's always on the wrong side of the facts, so he's left with nothing else...

The leftists on this board have entered a new level of delusion.

I have been told several times that the IRS did absolutely nothing wrong, and the scandal was never really a scandal.

This I believe is motivated primarily by their contempt and hatred of those they disagree with politically. They truly believe that conservative organization are simply undeserving of the same protections under the law, and equal treatment given to leftist organizations when applying for tax exempt status.

Driven by hatred, they proclaim there is nothing to see.

The fact that there are four investigations, two criminal investigations by the FBI and Justice Department, still on-going and no one has been held accountable is negated by their belief that there was no illegality. Never mind the IRS admitted wrong doing and 'apologized' for it.

This is pathetic, but it sums up the modern 'progressive' movement quite well. They are out to utterly destroy those they disagree with.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yeah, if he could only get past his major opponent; Mitt Romney.

Laugh at Romney all you want. You still have to deal with Obama.

Obama is teaching the nation the dangers of liberalism like no conservative ever could. It's an "only Nixon could go to China" moment. Whether assuming the best possible motives for Obama, the worst, or something in between, he has shown that we shouldn't trust the kind of government he represents.

I'm quite happy with our President's performance. I wish he was more liberal and more understanding of the power of the Presidency. He could do a lot more than he has done if he didn't care so much about the Congress.

Romney was a cause to giggle. How you guys nominated him in 2012 is probably the greatest example of self-sabotage in recent history.

Really?

Did you just state Obama cares about Congress? Mr. We can't wait?

I got it. Thanks for the update :cuckoo:

-Geaux

• Voter intimidation

• Voter fraud

LoseSez_zpsc2345f65.jpg

watch_out_we_got_a_badass_over_here_meme_Sad_orange-s769x595-300035-475.png

Laugh at Romney all you want. You still have to deal with Obama.

Obama is teaching the nation the dangers of liberalism like no conservative ever could. It's an "only Nixon could go to China" moment. Whether assuming the best possible motives for Obama, the worst, or something in between, he has shown that we shouldn't trust the kind of government he represents.

I'm quite happy with our President's performance. I wish he was more liberal and more understanding of the power of the Presidency. He could do a lot more than he has done if he didn't care so much about the Congress.

Romney was a cause to giggle. How you guys nominated him in 2012 is probably the greatest example of self-sabotage in recent history.

Really?

-Geaux

He continues to try to partner with those who have no interest in any such partnership. I think it's a weakness

I have been told several times that the IRS did absolutely nothing wrong, and the scandal was never really a scandal.

This I believe is motivated primarily by their contempt and hatred of those they disagree with politically. They truly believe that conservative organization are simply undeserving of the same protections under the law, and equal treatment given to leftist organizations when applying for tax exempt status.

The fact that there are four investigations, two criminal investigations by the FBI and Justice Department, still on-going and no one has been held accountable is negated by their belief that there was no illegality. Never mind the IRS admitted wrong doing and 'apologized' for it.

This is pathetic, but it sums up the modern 'progressive' movement quite well. They are out to utterly destroy those they disagree with.

Oh please.

I've called it a scandal something like 3 times on this one thread and about two dozen times outside of it.

My point is that any harm done to the Romney campaign was minimal. Can you tell me one thing about Romney's policies that you dind't know thanks to the IRS denying tax exempt status to some groups?

Obama won by 5 million votes according to WIKI. The IRS scandal had no bearing on the outcome of the election.

Really?

-Geaux

He continues to try to partner with those who have no interest in any such partnership. I think it's a weakness

One weakness is to claim to be interested in partnering and then insult the people you just claimed you wanted to work with. Seriously dumb.

Obama's method of "partnering":

obama_finger.jpg

Cue Dredd Scott. But in this case, white people and conservatives.

Ahh...fear. The ultimate (and only) GOP weapon.

A war on women!
Racism!
Children will starve to death!
Grandmother will be pushed over a cliff!
We'll all going to die in 50 years from global warming unless we pass draconian laws.
32 ounce drinks are all going to kill us!
etc...etc....etc.....
Oh sure, it's the GOP that is using fear as a weapon... Thanks for the laugh.

A war on women! You guys call women sluts--women you've never met
Racism! Exactly what the birther movement was all about
Children will starve to death!Never bought this one myself
Grandmother will be pushed over a cliff! The visual was pretty silly but wanting to get rid of Social Security and pass out vouchers will result in degraded lifestyles for seniors
We'll all going to die in 50 years from global warming unless we pass draconian laws.
Fifty years? It snowed on Memorial Day this year. You think that's normal?

32 ounce drinks are all going to kill us!
I think that ones pretty silly myself

What wrong doing Dumbass? It seems to sum up the right pretty well, you got you fking circus tent up, GOP clowns running around, and no show. How many millions you ass clowns goin to spend on this one? Need a BJ, send toe tapper Craig to the airport restroom!!! LMAO!!:lol:

Really?

-Geaux

Yeah, it's a crying shame that he still has to abide by the law, isn't it?

He's so good and righteous and holy. He'd make a perfect King.

Right?

Forum List

Back