A.C.L.U. Files Lawsuit Seeking to Stop the Collection of Domestic Phone Logs

The right is starting to understand that just because someone is called "liberal" doesn't mean they are wrong. Like I've always said, if you want a republican to do something...tell them liberals are doing the opposite and watch how quick they jump to the other side. No matter what it is.

You could say the exact same thing about Democrats.

No I couldn't. Look at this board and see how many times a Repub uses the excuse of who is in favor of something to determine if they support it or not. Remember Russ Feingold objecting the Patriot Act? Called all sorts of names, terrorist sympathizer etc. NOW you fuckers are just pulling your head from your ass.

Lets go back to 2003:

CNN.com - ACLU files lawsuit against Patriot Act - Jul. 30, 2003

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The American Civil Liberties Union Wednesday filed the first lawsuit against the Patriot Act, the anti-terrorism law passed after the attacks of September 11, 2001.

The lawsuit claims one section of the law authorizing searches of records, including those of businesses, libraries and bookstores, is unconstitutional.

"This lawsuit challenges the constitutionality of Section 215 of the USA Patriot Act, which vastly expands the power of the Federal Bureau of Investigation to obtain records and other 'tangible things' of people not suspected of criminal activity," the lawsuit states.

See, Did Repubs change their mind about the Patriot act after this? Nope they attacked the ACLU for doing what they are doing right now.

Only thing that changed was the party in Power. That's all the excuse repubs need

good for them....And lol at the people who think they are a leftwing group.

They are. Do you see them suing to keep prayer in schools? Do you see them suing to keep religious displays and nativity scenes in place?

why would they sue to have prayer in school? Why would they for the other?

I mean nobody is not allowed to pray in school. You are not allowed for a teacher to promote the idea of praying in school.

You people never seem to understand this and go straight into persecution mode.

The secret FISA court has been authorizing 98% of surveillance on American citizens by covert federal operatives for a decade while the ACLU has been chasing down threats to "civil liberties" like Christmas displays on public property and kids who are caught wearing a Crucifix in school.

They are. Do you see them suing to keep prayer in schools? Do you see them suing to keep religious displays and nativity scenes in place?

why would they sue to have prayer in school? Why would they for the other?

I mean nobody is not allowed to pray in school. You are not allowed for a teacher to promote the idea of praying in school.

You people never seem to understand this and go straight into persecution mode.

Templar doesn't seem to understand the meaning of civil liberties. Don't snitch ya crybaby

The secret FISA court has been authorizing 98% of surveillance on American citizens by covert federal operatives for a decade while the ACLU has been chasing down threats to "civil liberties" like Christmas displays on public property and kids who are caught wearing a Crucifix in school.

no surprise that you're wrong. Just because you haven't been paying attention doesn't mean it didn't happen

Wednesday, July 30, 2003 Posted: 6:17 PM EDT (2217 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The American Civil Liberties Union Wednesday filed the first lawsuit against the Patriot Act, the anti-terrorism law passed after the attacks of September 11, 2001

The right is starting to understand that just because someone is called "liberal" doesn't mean they are wrong. Like I've always said, if you want a republican to do something...tell them liberals are doing the opposite and watch how quick they jump to the other side. No matter what it is.

No I couldn't. Look at this board and see how many times a Repub uses the excuse of who is in favor of something to determine if they support it or not. Remember Russ Feingold objecting the Patriot Act? Called all sorts of names, terrorist sympathizer etc. NOW you fuckers are just pulling your head from your ass.

Lets go back to 2003:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The American Civil Liberties Union Wednesday filed the first lawsuit against the Patriot Act, the anti-terrorism law passed after the attacks of September 11, 2001.

The lawsuit claims one section of the law authorizing searches of records, including those of businesses, libraries and bookstores, is unconstitutional.

"This lawsuit challenges the constitutionality of Section 215 of the USA Patriot Act, which vastly expands the power of the Federal Bureau of Investigation to obtain records and other 'tangible things' of people not suspected of criminal activity," the lawsuit states.

See, Did Repubs change their mind about the Patriot act after this? Nope they attacked the ACLU for doing what they are doing right now.

Only thing that changed was the party in Power. That's all the excuse repubs need

Yes, and now suddenly plenty of liberals on this board are all in favor of the Patriot Act and spying on people.

Fine, ACLU, I'll play along just this once. This doesn't change a thing, though. You guys are still jerks.

I'm with you. This newest lawsuit surprises the hell out of me. I think the ACLU has done more to destroy civil liberties than it has ever done to protect civil liberties.

great then we can ignore you as uninformed.

So you're doing a "Do unto others what they have already done unto you" type thing?

Not surprising.

Lets go back to 2003:

Yes, and now suddenly plenty of liberals on this board are all in favor of the Patriot Act and spying on people.

Deflection noted

I don't know why. Everyone at the Boston Marathon was videoed for the entire day. Who they talked to. What they wore. What they ate. Where they went. If they picked their nose or scratched their butt, for the entire day. It's how they caught the bombers, that and "phone records".

Martin_Richard_Suspect_Bombing_Boston_Marathon-300x252.jpg
boston-marathon-suspect-2.gif

array500.jpg

The FBI were tracking the one brother, let's call him Borat the elder. But they still couldn't stop the Boston bombing could they?

The authorities were tracking Major Hasan's communications with Awlaki but they still were unable to prevent Fort Hood, weren't they?

Maybe instead of tracking all the innocent people all of the time the authorities could zoom in on likely terrorists instead of monitoring Bob the dog catcher in Tonawanda or Missy the hairdresser in Paducah.

You realize this kind of stuff is not really designed to STOP a criminal act from happening...it's designed to catch your suspect after the fact and accumulate evidence for a rock solid prosecution case.

Remember that the next time you make an argument for more gun control.

Lets go back to 2003:

Deflection noted

What did I deflect?

Soon they are going to change their stance on the 2nd Amendment, those are the internal rumors going about from the grapevine.

They might be realizing that the only way to enforce the Constitution is with an armed People.

I don't know why. Everyone at the Boston Marathon was videoed for the entire day. Who they talked to. What they wore. What they ate. Where they went. If they picked their nose or scratched their butt, for the entire day. It's how they caught the bombers, that and "phone records".

array500.jpg

The FBI were tracking the one brother, let's call him Borat the elder. But they still couldn't stop the Boston bombing could they?

The authorities were tracking Major Hasan's communications with Awlaki but they still were unable to prevent Fort Hood, weren't they?

Maybe instead of tracking all the innocent people all of the time the authorities could zoom in on likely terrorists instead of monitoring Bob the dog catcher in Tonawanda or Missy the hairdresser in Paducah.

Tracking? I see it as collecting and storing all the data in a database. Then they get some information about a terrorist and then they mine the database for connections. If such a database is used for that purpose alone I have no problem with it, however I think we all know how corrupting power can be and that sooner or later a system as powerful as that will be abused.

I don't think Bob or Missy have anything to worry about.

array500.jpg

Yet all this surveillance is done in the name of keeping us safe and it didn't.
I would rather take on the terrorists in the streets myself than give up my freedom to rely on incompetent bureaucrats to look out for me.

Are those two still out and about bombing more people? Or have FUTURE bombings by those two been stopped?

Soon they are going to change their stance on the 2nd Amendment, those are the internal rumors going about from the grapevine.

They might be realizing that the only way to enforce the Constitution is with an armed People.

People like you have been crying for almost 6 years now about Obama taking away your guns. The only thing he's done is sign a bill LOOSENING the carry laws at National Parks.

Yeah....a big anti-2nd amendment kind of guy......:lol:

People like you have been crying for almost 6 years now about Obama taking away your guns. The only thing he's done is sign a bill LOOSENING the carry laws at National Parks.

Yeah....a big anti-2nd amendment kind of guy......:lol:

Obama tried to use his political capitol after the 2012 Election to begin the process of disarming the American people ... something he never campaigned on ... something that woke me up from my libtard sleep.

Forum List

Back