Actress Katee Sackoff urges gun safety on Twitter, loses half her followers

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
So much for tolerance, hey?

Actress Katee Sackoff said she lost half of her Twitter followers when she tweeted a message urging people to practice gun safety.

After watching a television report about a four-year-old who accidentally shot and killed his father with a loaded gun that had been left unattended at a friend’s house, the “Battlestar Galactica” star tweeted Monday:

“Please practice gun safety. This is horrible!”

Soon after, Sackoff’s Twitter feed blew up with followers advocating gun control instead of gun safety.

Actress Katee Sackoff urges gun safety on Twitter, loses half her followers | Fox News

The gun grabbers have made this such a political hot potato with their rhetoric that now just a harmless comment like her's gets translated into "they're coming for our guns."

The gun grabbers have made this such a political hot potato with their rhetoric that now just a harmless comment like her's gets translated into "they're coming for our guns."

Interesting. She was urging gun owners to practice caution with their firearms. But then as the story goes, almost 100,000 of her followers supported gun control over gun ownership and gun safety. So her PSA was seen as, "you can own those evil guns, but make sure you shoot less people with them."

Utterly preposterous how politics has become so pervasive.

it doesnt even look like she was advocating firearm ownership

with lefty gun grabbers you have to be lockstep

or you are the enemy

I agree with Ms. Sackhoff that anyone who owns a firearm, should always have safety in mind with them. If someone wants to purchase a firearm, they should attend a safety training class and make sure they also purchase either a trigger lock or have a gun-safe. If they feel they need to have their weapon by the bedside and ready, then they should not have small children in the house.

Actress Katee Sackoff said she lost half of her Twitter followers when she tweeted a message urging people to practice gun safety.

After watching a television report about a four-year-old who accidentally shot and killed his father with a loaded gun that had been left unattended at a friend’s house, the “Battlestar Galactica” star tweeted Monday:

Soon after, Sackoff’s Twitter feed blew up with followers advocating gun control instead of gun safety.

Actress Katee Sackoff urges gun safety on Twitter, loses half her followers | Fox News

For goodness sake. She tries to get a message across, and people decide not to 'follow' her because they don't agree? How pathetic some people are...

Seems to me anything that causes you to lose half your "followers" puts you halfway to where you should be.

"Followers". Sheesh. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Last edited:
I liked the show. Though, I thought it could have ended after season 3. But, really, who cares?

Does anyone still care about her? I mean, she did that show, it was popular for about one season before people realized it was crap.

says you, it was a good show

I tried to give it a fair chance. Obviously, I'm old enough to remember the original version, "Mormons In Spaaaaace", so I'm slightly biased and can't take it seriously recylcing those names and settings.

I didn't make it past the fifth episode.

I can think of far more important things to lose than a bunch of twitter followers I am proud to say i do not have a twitter account nor do I ever see myself having one.

Forum List

Back