A Canadian Cartoonist Was Fired For This Cartoon...

Justified firing or more political correctness?

• I'm a liberal and I think it was justified.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a liberal and I think it was political correctness.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I'm a conservative and I think it was justified.

• I'm a conservative and I think it was political correctness.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • I'm independent and I think it was justified.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I'm independent and I think it was political correctness.

• Total voters
D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Do you think he should have been fired, or just more political correctness run amok?

How about you address Conservatives being deplatformed from Google, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Patreon etc. for merely expressing political views first?

Newspapers are publishers and can choose their content. They are also legally liable for that content. The Big Tech Censors act as publishers yet are not legally accountable. That is a far worse threat to our society that a newspaper fulfilling its editorial role.

Like the bestialers were banned from here?

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Do you think he should have been fired, or just more political correctness run amok?

How about you address Conservatives being deplatformed from Google, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Patreon etc. for merely expressing political views first?

Newspapers are publishers and can choose their content. They are also legally liable for that content. The Big Tech Censors act as publishers yet are not legally accountable. That is a far worse threat to our society that a newspaper fulfilling its editorial role.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

That was when liberals were really liberal, today they are not that way. Pretty sad what the devolved to.

NO Twinkles, Liberal means Liberal, period. You don't get to play musical chairs with definitions.

Back to name calling, funny how some people when losing resort to that. Okay, then there are very few liberals in the world today, from now on I'll refer to Democrats and people such as yourself as lefties. Thanks for the clarification.

That would be even worse, but again it demonstrates your ignorance of distinctions.

"Liberal" is not "left" and "Democrat" is not either of them. You might want to be a bit circumspect about charges of "name calling" when you're already engaged in it.

I see that you're trying to diffuse your own failed point with a forest, that it may be lost therein. So let us return to the bottom line --- freedom of speech is a Liberal value, period.

It's a wonder you don't rule the world with how much you think you know.

There isn't any "trick" to it. All you have to do is demand reality from what you read. If it's not there, then it's NOT THERE.

Didn't say anything about a trick, smart guy.

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

You (one) can't post about bestiality here. That's a site rule. USMB is a site; YouTube is a site. Do the math.

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

You (one) can't post about bestiality here. That's a site rule. USMB is a site; YouTube is a site. Do the math.

Bestiality is illegal. Political speech isn't.

Get some perspective.

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Get some perspective.

Nobody said anything about either one being "legal", and by the way no it isn't.

The point was, and still is, that a given site governs how its users can use it.

Get some perspective.

Nobody said anything about either one being "legal", and by the way no it isn't.

The point was, and still is, that a given site governs how its users can use it.

Your perspective is defective and sad.

A giant tech platform that is either a monopoly or part of an oligarchy is not even remotely analogous to a small website. The form function as public squares in our digital age. The lefties who hyperventilate about the civil right to force a baker to make a cake (when there are plenty of alternative bakers) are perfectly fine with monopolies/oligarchies silencing half of America. Woke Fascism is still Fasicsm, bub.

And bestiality is illegal in most of the U.S. Political speech isn't.

legal.jpg

Legality of bestiality in the United States - Wikipedia

Get some perspective.

A giant tech platform that is either a monopoly or an oligarch is not even remotely analogous to a small website. The form function as public squares in our digital age. The lefties who hyperventilate about the civil right to force a baker to make a cake (when there are plenty of alternative bakers) are perfectly fine with monopolies/oligarchies silencing half of America. Woke Fascism is still Fasicsm, bub.

On the contrary, of course it's analagous. They perform the same function if in different ways of expression. For some reason it needs repeating over and over but, the First Amendment restricts the government from throttling speech, not private industry. Now if the government were to step in and declare what the internet could or could not be used to say, then you'd have a starting point.

I don't know your analogy about "bakers" or wtf "Woke Fascism" is so let's leave it at the simple point.

Get some perspective.

A giant tech platform that is either a monopoly or an oligarch is not even remotely analogous to a small website. The form function as public squares in our digital age. The lefties who hyperventilate about the civil right to force a baker to make a cake (when there are plenty of alternative bakers) are perfectly fine with monopolies/oligarchies silencing half of America. Woke Fascism is still Fasicsm, bub.

On the contrary, of course it's analagous. They perform the same function if in different ways of expression. For some reason it needs repeating over and over but, the First Amendment restricts the government from throttling speech, not private industry. Now if the government were to step in and declare what the internet could or could not be used to say, then you'd have a starting point.

I don't know your analogy about "bakers" or wtf "Woke Fascism" is.

Woke Fascism is what you lefties practice. Instead of supporting the First Amendment, you use government and corporate power to silence the opposition.

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

That is very tasteless and shameful.

However.

I believe in freedom of speech and a free press.

No that person should not have been fired.

Get some perspective.

I don't know your analogy about "bakers" or wtf "Woke Fascism" is.

Woke Fascism is what you lefties practice. Instead of supporting the First Amendment, you use government and corporate power to silence the opposition.

Whelp --- I don't do that so it would appear I'm a Liberal, not a "lefty".

Nice try, cigar not forthcoming.

Know what else I believe in? Language structure. Woke is a past tense verb, not an adjective.

Last edited:
I believe in free speech.. if that was obama Democrats would Lynch the mans family and friends

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Nope: I disagree with the sentiment but will defend the asshole's right to draw it with my dying breath.

btw: I assume they don't mind.

Greg

Exactly.

It's very easy to defend and protect speech you agree with.

Not so easy with what you don't agree. I might be old school but I was taught it's most important to defend and protect speech you don't agree with.

The person who created it has no class, taste or sense of decency but I will defend that person's right to express themselves and for a free press.

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Mostly because it's horseshit.
Trump had done everything in his power to prevent this but some Hawaiian judge always tries to stop him. Then there's the fact that Democrats have refused to attend briefings on the border and only now admit it wasn't a manufactured crisis, and have chosen to belly-ache rather than address the problem.
The cartoonist deserved to be fired.
Personally I think the cartoonist deserves a kick in the nuts.

Get some perspective.

A giant tech platform that is either a monopoly or part of an oligarchy is not even remotely analogous to a small website. The form function as public squares in our digital age. The lefties who hyperventilate about the civil right to force a baker to make a cake (when there are plenty of alternative bakers) are perfectly fine with monopolies/oligarchies silencing half of America. Woke Fascism is still Fasicsm, bub.

And bestiality is illegal in most of the U.S. Political speech isn't.

View attachment 267348

Legality of bestiality in the United States - Wikipedia

That's the map I just linked you to, and I wasn't going to post it for site rules reasons, but there you go, don't you. It's not illegal in four states, a district and several territories, and that's just the US. Therefore your premise is proven FALSE.

Not the point anyway.

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Mostly because it's horseshit.
Trump had done everything in his power to prevent this but some Hawaiian judge always tries to stop him. Then there's the fact that Democrats have refused to attend briefings on the border and only now admit it wasn't a manufactured crisis, and have chosen to belly-ache rather than address the problem.
The cartoonist deserved to be fired.
Personally I think the cartoonist deserves a kick in the nuts.

Of course you do, because you're a rhetorical fascist who believes any opinion at variance with your own should be "kicked in the nuts". How Klannish of you.

But in this case the cartoonist wasn't "fired" since he wasn't an employee, and never submitted the cartoon to the publisher that was supposed to have "fired" him for a cartoon he never sent them anyway, and you don't know that because you're illiterate.

Last edited:
D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Definitely should not have been fired. Telling the truth should never be a firing offense.

What truth do you see here other than that these people died trying to cross the border illegally and that Trump plays golf?
That he sees them as obstacles, not people.

First of all, what does that have to do with the two people that died? Secondly, what makes you say that?

It has nothing to do with the two people that died, because it's not about them. It's about Rump.

Then why are they in the cartoon?

Definitely should not have been fired. Telling the truth should never be a firing offense.

What truth do you see here other than that these people died trying to cross the border illegally and that Trump plays golf?

First of all, what does that have to do with the two people that died? Secondly, what makes you say that?

It has nothing to do with the two people that died, because it's not about them. It's about Rump.

Then why are they in the cartoon?

Exactly WHO is Rump going to be speaking to if they are not there?

:banghead:

Thank you, but the chances of him understanding that are pretty slim at this point.

I understand it's about Trump and I understand it's not about the two that died. What I don't understand is why, if that is the case, they are in the cartoon. So why are they?

Forum List

Back