A Canadian Cartoonist Was Fired For This Cartoon...

Justified firing or more political correctness?

• I'm a liberal and I think it was justified.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a liberal and I think it was political correctness.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I'm a conservative and I think it was justified.

• I'm a conservative and I think it was political correctness.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • I'm independent and I think it was justified.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I'm independent and I think it was political correctness.

• Total voters
Political correctness was the death of Canada.

It will be the death of America as well.

Canada died eh?

Was this before or after they burned down the White House?

Eh?

Strange that my radio still picks up CBC. Must be bouncing off a distant planet. Yeah that's it. Tropospheric Space-Ducting. That's the ticket. Eh?

Last edited:
Canada has NO First Amendment. They also have enacted Hate Speech Laws. They've never been like the U.S., instead deciding to appease the Crown, and put up with Government granting them rights instead of the belief in Natural Rights as human beings.

Sorry to ruin your Black Panther Party.....

Here We Go Again: CNN Implies Cartoonist Was Fired Over Anti-Trump Cartoon. Turns Out He Wasn't

Buried deep in the article, CNN posted a statement from the publishing company Brunswick News, Inc. denying that de Adder had been fired over the cartoon. In fact, the cartoonist wasn't even an employee of the company to begin with. He was a subcontractor.

Captain Kirk with astounding revelations that were already submitted literally a hundred posts ago.

Literacy is a lost art.

Canada has NO First Amendment. They also have enacted Hate Speech Laws. They've never been like the U.S., instead deciding to appease the Crown, and put up with Government granting them rights instead of the belief in Natural Rights as human beings.
In fact, The US is the ONLY country that has a first amendment and a second amendment... protecting free speech and firearm ownership.

First of all, what does that have to do with the two people that died? Secondly, what makes you say that?

It has nothing to do with the two people that died, because it's not about them. It's about Rump.
Thank you, but the chances of him understanding that are pretty slim at this point.
34rswi.jpg
That's classy.

If karma really is a thing maybe you can die in a ditch too.
Lol
I belong here, Diseased illegal aliens do not
What does that have to do with you dying in a ditch?

Once AGAIN nothing was "suppressed". The cartoon was never even submitted and the cartoonist isn't an employee of the company that didn't fire him anyway.

You can run to any end zone you like with a mythology but it scores zero points.

I wasn't applying it to the cartoonist.

What's the first noun in your post?

The cartoon was offensive to me, I never said it was suppressed, never said the cartoonist was an employee. Play little games all you want, I am out. Your mind reading capabilities suck.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand you're still trying to get out of it. God forbid you should ever admit to having been wrong. We can't have THAT.

Your post is recorded, dood. You specifically brought up, and I quote, "unlike the liberals that try to suppress free thought and speech", which not only is an impossibility, it is NOT PRESENT HERE ANYWAY. Because nobody "suppressed" anything. The cartoon was never even submitted, let alone 'suppressed' . And again I already told you this but y'all can't-be-wrongers need to be told the same thing over and over and over and over just because you can't man the fuck up.

I never said it was suppressed, I already knew that when I posted it because I read the story, I was stating I would support him in his drawing. I stick with liberals try to suppress free speech.

Liberals literally wrote the First Amendment. Your mythology fails.

As far as your "I already read the story" --- there was no story until I put one in here in post 31, which already explains that nothing was "suppressed" because nothing was submitted.

It has nothing to do with the two people that died, because it's not about them. It's about Rump.
Thank you, but the chances of him understanding that are pretty slim at this point.
34rswi.jpg
That's classy.

If karma really is a thing maybe you can die in a ditch too.
Lol
I belong here, Diseased illegal aliens do not
What does that have to do with you dying in a ditch?
Lol
I’m not the one that’s fleeing my bad life choices, and forcing my fucked up life on other people. Like That fool did... Drowning him and his kid in the process.

The cartoon was offensive to me, I never said it was suppressed, never said the cartoonist was an employee. Play little games all you want, I am out. Your mind reading capabilities suck.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand you're still trying to get out of it. God forbid you should ever admit to having been wrong. We can't have THAT.

Your post is recorded, dood. You specifically brought up, and I quote, "unlike the liberals that try to suppress free thought and speech", which not only is an impossibility, it is NOT PRESENT HERE ANYWAY. Because nobody "suppressed" anything. The cartoon was never even submitted, let alone 'suppressed' . And again I already told you this but y'all can't-be-wrongers need to be told the same thing over and over and over and over just because you can't man the fuck up.

I never said it was suppressed, I already knew that when I posted it because I read the story, I was stating I would support him in his drawing. I stick with liberals try to suppress free speech.

That was when liberals were really liberal, today they are not that way. Pretty sad what the devolved to.

That was when liberals were really liberal, today they are not that way. Pretty sad what the devolved to.

NO Twinkles, Liberal means Liberal, period. You don't get to play musical chairs with definitions. That's exactly why I said it's impossible for a Liberal to "suppress free speech" --- that very act is ILLIBERAL. It's an oxymoron.

Last edited:

As far as your "I already read the story" --- there was no story until I put one in here in post 31, which already explains that nothing was "suppressed" because nothing was submitted.
34rus0.jpg

34rus0.jpg

Snot-boi with a post completely unrelated to the one he quotes, but in the process makes exactly the same point about himself that the cartoon did about Rump. So thanks for that.

Sad to see some growing so agitated instead of growing up.

One the one hand the cartoon is inflammatory and worthy of disdain. But also an expression of opinion that must not, in a free nation, be suppressed by government.

On the other, political correctness dictates that it can't be seen. It's private enterprising succumbing to political correctness that is deeply offensive. But if they want to be assholes then that's their business.

No wonder the left seems to love their precious PC.

NO Twinkles, Liberal means Liberal, period. You don't get to play musical chairs with definitions.

Back to name calling, funny how some people when losing resort to that. Okay, then there are very few liberals in the world today, from now on I'll refer to Democrats and people such as yourself as lefties. Thanks for the clarification.

NO Twinkles, Liberal means Liberal, period. You don't get to play musical chairs with definitions.

Back to name calling, funny how some people when losing resort to that. Okay, then there are very few liberals in the world today, from now on I'll refer to Democrats and people such as yourself as lefties. Thanks for the clarification.

That would be even worse, but again it demonstrates your ignorance of distinctions.

"Liberal" is not "left" and "Democrat" is not either of them. You might want to be a bit circumspect about charges of "name calling" when you're already engaged in it.

I see that you're trying to diffuse your own failed point with a forest, that it may be lost therein. So let us return to the bottom line --- freedom of speech is a Liberal value, period.

Last edited:
Sad to see some growing so agitated instead of growing up.

One the one hand the cartoon is inflammatory and worthy of disdain. But also an expression of opinion that must not, in a free nation, be suppressed by government.

Quite agree.

Also utterly irrelevant here, since nothing here was 'suppressed by government' at all, in fact nothing was "suppressed" by anything. The entire notion that that happened was already proven to be mythology, two days and 143 posts before yours.

So the mythology that this mythology is real, is itself mythology.

On the other, political correctness dictates that it can't be seen. It's private enterprising succumbing to political correctness that is deeply offensive. But if they want to be assholes then that's their business.

No wonder the left seems to love their precious PC.

Nonfunctional point, since it obviously HAS BEEN seen, hasn't it. Moreover there is no "private enterprise succumbing to" anything, as no :"private enterprise" was even OFFERED the work in question.

Go ahead. Prove ANY of this wrong.

No wonder the mythologists seem to love their precious mythologies. It's so much more "fun" than the facts.

That would be even worse, but again it demonstrates your ignorance of distinctions.

"Liberal" is not "left" and "Democrat" is not either of them. You might want to be a bit circumspect about charges of "name calling" when you're already engaged in it.

I see that you're trying to diffuse your own failed point with a forest, that it may be lost therein. So let us return to the bottom line --- freedom of speech is a Liberal value, period.

It's a wonder you don't rule the world with how much you think you know.

It's a wonder you don't rule the world with how much you think you know.

There isn't any "trick" to it. All you have to do is demand reality from what you read. If it's not there, then it's NOT THERE.

D-RQdbpUwAA3e6N

Do you think he should have been fired, or just more political correctness run amok?

How about you address Conservatives being deplatformed from Google, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Patreon etc. for merely expressing political views first?

Newspapers are publishers and can choose their content. They are also legally liable for that content. The Big Tech Censors act as publishers yet are not legally accountable. That is a far worse threat to our society than a newspaper fulfilling its editorial role.

Forum List

Back