A Conservative's view on waterboarding

subjected ...horrible sensation ...drowned.

irrational to WANT to get water boarded.

Thanks for proving it's torture.

I love it when people hang themselves with their own words. :clap2::clap2:

You are an idiot. :cuckoo:

Listen up, you freakin' schmuck.

I didn't "prove it was torture." Nobody can prove any such thing since --- psst -- it ISN'T torture, you imbecile. Words have actual meaning, except to utterly pathetic dolts like you.

Once again, try to get this not very large thought into your unusually tiny pin head:

It is NOT the case that all things that constitute things we do not want to happen to us constitute "torture" on that basis.

You still won't "get" that though either because you are mentally retarded or because you are just dishonest. I don't care which. You suck donkey dick either way, you pathetic ass wipe.

With ALL due respect,

your pal,

Liability

Nothing dishonest about it at all.

I am asserting that if you were to let me rack you up and waterboard you I could get you to say anything I wanted to make it stop, including, "Holy shit how could I be such a fucking idiot to think this isn't torture? Luissa you are right. This is torture. Pretty please, make it stop."

And you would.

And you know it.
You're full of shit, period.

I love these fools who claim expertise on something they know nothing about.

Typical with liberals though. It's why they make themselves look like complete uninformed idiots time and time again.

As you know , we disagree on whether waterboarding is torture; but I fully agree with you that people who don't know what they are talking about should not opine on such subjects, but wouldn't you agree that even goes for people who's uneducated opinions agree with your position?

I am asserting that if you were to let me rack you up and waterboard you I could get you to say anything I wanted to make it stop, including, "Holy shit how could I be such a fucking idiot to think this isn't torture? Luissa you are right. This is torture. Pretty please, make it stop."

And you would.

And you know it.

Plenty dishonest about it, as you knew when you went ahead and said it all the same.

Getting tortured is nothing any of us want to be subjected to.

Getting water boarded is nothing any of us want to get subjected to.

That does not mean that water boarding "is" torture no matter how many times dishonest pant loads like you claim that it is.

Did our country, or did our country NOT define it as a war crime when it was done to ours? I'm sorry, but it really IS that simple.

And you would.

And you know it.

Plenty dishonest about it, as you knew when you went ahead and said it all the same.

That does not mean that water boarding "is" torture no matter how many times dishonest pant loads like you claim that it is.

Did our country, or did our country NOT define it as a war crime when it was done to ours? I'm sorry, but it really IS that simple.

Link or didn't Happen... :thup:

:)

peace...

peace...

Waterboarding Used to Be a Crime - washingtonpost.com

I'm pretty sure this has already been linked in this thread.

peace...

Waterboarding Used to Be a Crime - washingtonpost.com

I'm pretty sure this has already been linked in this thread.

Does that say "used to be"?...

peace...

I could hear those goal posts dragging across the ground before you posted.

"Did our country, or did our country NOT define it as a war crime when it was done to ours?"

Answer to this question, as the proof shows, is an obvious yes.

Who said it was great? its a tool being used against animals who have utterly no hesitation in slaughtering innocent people for no other reason than they don't worship the same religion.

I'm having an extremely hard time coming up with any compassion for the tools of Islam had I my choice they would suffer very long and horrible deaths. We expect our Government to use everything within its power to fulfill the one role where it might do some good that being protect our nation and people how they do it is up to them.

so if the govt decided to round up all americans of a certain ethnic or religious background in order to protect us, you'd be okay with that?

Nobody is suggesting that. We used waterboarding on 3 scumbags. We obtained information that stopped terrorist plots. I think it was a good call.

you're welcome to your opinion.

there is no proof that it stopped anything.

thought i'd necro this thread for posterity, considering trump's latest appointments...

Gina Haspel — a CIA operative who oversaw the torture of two terrorism suspects at a secret prison in Thailand and then helped destroy tapes of the interrogations — will likely be the next CIA director.

On Tuesday, President Donald Trump announced a major shake-up in his national security team: Rex Tillerson is out as secretary of state, CIA Director Mike Pompeo heads over to lead the State Department, and Haspel — the CIA’s deputy director — will replace Pompeo as the head of the intelligence agency.

Gina Haspel, Trump’s CIA director pick, oversaw the torture of dozens of people

with the constant swirl of so many other important news stories, this CIA appointment seems to be getting lost under the radar...

Trump’s New CIA Director Nominee Helped Cover Up Torture

President Donald Trump’s nomination of Gina Haspel, a CIA veteran with deep links to the agency’s controversial Bush-era “enhanced interrogation program, as the new director further signals the administration’s support for practices decried by critics as both inhumane and ineffective.

His endorsement of Haspel, currently the CIA deputy director, follows the president’s repeated praise for techniques widely described as torture. “Torture works. OK, folks? You know, I have these guys — ‘Torture doesn’t work!’ — believe me, it works,” he said on the campaign trail. “And waterboarding is your minor form.” (A Senate intelligence committee found the CIA’s “enhanced interrogation” techniques were “not an effective means of acquiring intelligence.”)

Haspel, who would be the first woman to lead the spy agency, is slated to replace CIA Director Mike Pompeo, who Trump nominated to helm the State Department in place of Rex Tillerson. Pompeo had expressed support for brutal interrogations in the past. But Haspel spent some of her 33-year career at the CIA overseeing such practices.

After 9/11, Haspel ran one of the first black sites — secret CIA prisons where the agency held perceived high-level terrorism suspects — used for the program. She oversaw the interrogations of at least two detainees, and participated in the controversial decision to destroy evidence of the sessions.

Trump’s New CIA Director Nominee Helped Cover Up Torture

Ends don’t justify the means

A Conservative's view on waterboarding

Ends don’t justify the means

President Obama bans torture on his second day in office

(January 21st, 2009)

The President signs a detailed executive order that bans torture, reversing the Bush administration's torture policies and putting the U.S. in compliance with the Geneva Convention.

Top 40 National Security Moments #10 – #1

Trump attack on Geneva conventions denounced by ex-officers and advocates

Trump Reverses His Stance on Torture
GOP front-runner had faced criticism from military and legal experts after his comments

The Trump Administration

The CIA also videotaped the torture. The 92 tapes were held in a safe until the agency asked for their destruction in 2005. Haspel, who then worked out of Langley overseeing the CIA’s torture program, had her name on the cable that ordered their eradication. However, the CIA said at the time that Haspel’s boss, Jose Rodriguez, made the call. The Justice Department investigated the tape-destruction order but ultimately filed no charges.

President Barack Obama ordered the closure of CIA black sites in 2009, but it’s unclear if Haspel’s nomination means they’ll make a comeback. Trump previously advocated for the return of torture against terrorism suspects until Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis convinced him otherwise.

Haspel — who may get a lot of face time with the president delivering his daily intelligence briefing — may have the chance to change Trump’s mind on this controversial issue.

Haspel has her detractors

When Pompeo announced Haspel as his deputy in February 2017, civil rights advocates widely criticized her appointment.

“Pompeo must explain to the American people how his promotion of someone allegedly involved in running a torture site squares with his own sworn promises to Congress that he will reject all forms of torture and abuse,” Christopher Anders of the American Civil Liberties Union told CBS News last year.

The CIA also videotaped the torture. The 92 tapes were held in a safe until the agency asked for their destruction in 2005. Haspel, who then worked out of Langley overseeing the CIA’s torture program, had her name on the cable that ordered their eradication. However, the CIA said at the time that Haspel’s boss, Jose Rodriguez, made the call. The Justice Department investigated the tape-destruction order but ultimately filed no charges.

President Barack Obama ordered the closure of CIA black sites in 2009, but it’s unclear if Haspel’s nomination means they’ll make a comeback. Trump previously advocated for the return of torture against terrorism suspects until Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis convinced him otherwise.

Haspel — who may get a lot of face time with the president delivering his daily intelligence briefing — may have the chance to change Trump’s mind on this controversial issue.

Haspel has her detractors

When Pompeo announced Haspel as his deputy in February 2017, civil rights advocates widely criticized her appointment.

“Pompeo must explain to the American people how his promotion of someone allegedly involved in running a torture site squares with his own sworn promises to Congress that he will reject all forms of torture and abuse,” Christopher Anders of the American Civil Liberties Union told CBS News last year.

I believe she is a bad choice and he could find a better one.

GOP front-runner had faced criticism from military and legal experts after his comments

March 4, 2016

WASHINGTON—Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said Friday he wouldn’t order the U.S. military to break international laws—an attempt to tamp down criticism by military and legal experts that his policies on torture and killing terrorists’ family members would violate the Geneva Conventions.

The Trump Administration

i just think it's important we pay close attention to this issue considering our new Secretary of State, our new CIA director, and our current President, have ALL expressed willingness to dishonor the Geneva conventions...

Treaties, States parties, and Commentaries - Geneva Convention (III) on Prisoners of War, 1949 - -

The laws of armed conflict are old; they date back millennia to warrior codes used in ancient Greece. But the modern Geneva Conventions, which govern the treatment of soldiers and civilians in war, can trace their direct origin to 1859...

Geneva Conventions

They help protect civilians and soldiers from the atrocities of war. But these hard-won rules of battle are falling by the wayside: Terrorists ignore them, and governments increasingly find them quaint and outdated. With every violation, war only gets deadlier for everyone.

Think Again: Geneva Conventions

Apr 28, 2016

“Our foreign policy is a complete and total disaster: No vision, no purpose, no direction, no strategy,” Trump said.

Trump departed from his off-the-cuff style. With the help of a teleprompter, he laid out his vision for America’s economic and national security, and the buildup of the U.S. military.

After his landslide primary victory on Tuesday, Trump is trying to appear more "presidential." But Mike Breen, CEO of Truman National Security Project and a former Army officer who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, offers a harsh critique of Trump's approach.

"If you take the man at his word and you listen to his statements on the [campaign] trail, he set himself up, if he's elected, to trigger the largest civil military crisis probably since the American Civil War," he says.

Breen argues that Trump is suggesting that U.S. soldiers carry out "illegal orders" — things like targeting the children and families of terrorists, intentionally murdering civilians, and torturing for the sake of torturing.

"He says even if [torture] doesn't work, let's do it anyway," Breen says. "He says the Geneva Convention makes American soldiers afraid to fight. He's talking about, as a presidential candidate, issuing clearly illegal orders that I think our senior military leaders would be very unlikely to follow. That's a crisis we haven't had in a long time."

Breen stops short of saying that America’s military generals would perform a kind of coup, but he does say that the entire U.S. national security apparatus would go into a state of panic under a President Trump.

Veteran: Trump Will Throw the Military into 'Crisis'

"WHEN US Representative Steve King learned that Osama bin Laden had been killed by US troops in Pakistan, he couldn’t resist a little crowing about the efficacy of torture. “Wonder what President Obama thinks of water boarding now?’’ the Iowa Republican tweeted on May 2.

It was an outrageous remark, but King wasn’t going out on a limb. A parade of others, mostly Republicans, have joined him in claiming that the death of bin Laden had vindicated the use of waterboarding — the most notorious of the “enhanced interrogation techniques’’ the Bush administration employed to extract information from senior Al Qaeda detainees....

...I don’t know whether waterboarding was indispensable to rolling up bin Laden; for every interrogation expert who says it was, another expert argues the opposite. But the case against waterboarding never rested primarily on its usefulness. It rested on its wrongfulness. It is wrong when bad guys do it to good guys. It is just as wrong when good guys do it to Al Qaeda....

The killing of bin Laden was gratifying, but it was no vindication of torture. Republicans rightly argue that much credit is owed to George W. Bush, who launched an effective war on terror and pursued it with fierce resolve. But Bush was wrong to permit waterboarding, and wrong to deny that it was torture. I don’t agree with Obama on much, but when it comes to waterboarding, he is right. America will defeat the global jihad, but not by embracing its most inhuman values."

Ends don’t justify the means - The Boston Globe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Jacoby_(columnist)

:clap2:

I give two shits how they extract info from haji fucks. Cut them, burn them, who cares/

Forum List

Back