🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A day in the life of Net Neutrality

Sometimes I seriously think that if Obama came out against suicide, RWNJs like Eunuch2008 would immediately kill themselves.

I know that if Obama raped and murdered a small boy on national TV - you would praise him and scream what a noble act it was.

I seriously doubt you could successfully plug an RJ45 into a NIC. That you have any actual knowledge of the subject at hand isn't even a consideration - you are but a drone, the party defines what you post here - you don't think.
Fascinating how your mind works. And creepy.

Do Owings Mills, MD 21117

• cable.jpg
    Comcast
    Plus: Service was excellent for all but about 4 weeks for the most part
    Minus: Sales staff uses creative and misleading tactics CUSTOMER SERVICE is hit or miss mostly miss
    Bottom line: If Comcast would treat customers like non customers no one would leave
    [read more]

• fiber.jpg
      Verizon FiOS
      Plus: Consistent internet speeds, lots of HD channels, good quality
      Minus: No new HD channels in a while, small DVR. Taking forever to rollout new software
      Bottom line: Probably the best landline service available, but there is room to improve
      [read more]

• voip.jpg
        ViaTalk
        Plus: Two lines.
        Minus: Bad Promise. Unreliable Service. Affiliate program is pure SCAM
        Bottom line: Risky company. Stay away
        [read more]

• isp.jpg
        EarthLink
        Plus: Great customer service
        Minus: no free modem anymore, not smooth when switching from dsl to standalone dsl
        Bottom line: I have been pretty happy with Earthlink since 2001
        [read more]

• wireless.jpg
        Verizon Wireless Broadband
        Plus: Amazing reliability; clarified terms of service
        Minus: 5GB cap is too small compared to transfer speeds
        Bottom line: Great if you're on the go, but only for web/email
        [read more]

Again you reveal you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about concerning this issue. As much as would you like to think that this issue is political I can assure it is not. This fear mongering is at least comical.
Bullshit

Do Owings Mills, MD 21117

• cable.jpg
    Comcast
    Plus: Service was excellent for all but about 4 weeks for the most part
    Minus: Sales staff uses creative and misleading tactics CUSTOMER SERVICE is hit or miss mostly miss
    Bottom line: If Comcast would treat customers like non customers no one would leave
    [read more]

• fiber.jpg
      Verizon FiOS
      Plus: Consistent internet speeds, lots of HD channels, good quality
      Minus: No new HD channels in a while, small DVR. Taking forever to rollout new software
      Bottom line: Probably the best landline service available, but there is room to improve
      [read more]

• voip.jpg
        ViaTalk
        Plus: Two lines.
        Minus: Bad Promise. Unreliable Service. Affiliate program is pure SCAM
        [read more]

• isp.jpg
        EarthLink
        Plus: Great customer service
        Minus: no free modem anymore, not smooth when switching from dsl to standalone dsl
        Bottom line: I have been pretty happy with Earthlink since 2001
        [read more]

• wireless.jpg
        Verizon Wireless Broadband
        Plus: Amazing reliability; clarified terms of service
        Minus: 5GB cap is too small compared to transfer speeds
        Bottom line: Great if you're on the go, but only for web/email
        [read more]

Thats not 10 thats 5 with Verizon being 2 of them and the only independent one says from your post: Minus: Bad Promise. Unreliable Service. Affiliate program is pure SCAM

Look at all that choice!

Thats not 10 thats 5 with Verizon being 2 of them and the only independent one says from your post: Minus: Bad Promise. Unreliable Service. Affiliate program is pure SCAM

Look at all that choice!

Verizon FIOS and Verizon Wireless are two different companies. They attempted to merge a little over a year ago, but were blocked by FTC as a potential monopoly.

I acknowledged long ago that many of the smaller providers are small for a reason.

it's actually the opposite of that.
your op is a very good example of what could happen without net neutrality.

Yes, yes, war is peace, slavery is freedom, changing the internet keeps it the same. We've heard your doublethink newspeak.
how do you not understand this? without net neutrality if you have verizon as your provider, they can dictate what information you're able to receive. if they set up their own social networking site, they can decide that facebook is no longer accessible to you. if they decide to endorse one streaming video service over another, you won't get to choose as the consumer which one you like.

and yet you somehow believe that leaving these choices in the hands of internet providers means more freedom for you. it's idiocy, an that makes you an idiot.
Of course, the government won't do any of that, right? How do I fire My government like I can fire Verizon?

You people never stop to think that government NEVER makes things better and provide more of what YOU don't want than any company.

This net neutrality, like obamacare, will do orders of magnitude more harm than any possible good that could come out of it.

Again you reveal you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about concerning this issue. As much as would you like to think that this issue is political I can assure it is not. This fear mongering is at least comical.

He's spot on accurate. Net Neutrality gives the FCC the power to regulate new products and services on the internet. This means that starting anything new will be prohibitively expensive, and the Big Tech Crony Oligarch will have regulatory capture of the FCC.

Look at all that choice!

Verizon FIOS and Verizon Wireless are two different companies. They attempted to merge a little over a year ago, but were blocked by FTC as a potential monopoly.

I acknowledged long ago that many of the smaller providers are small for a reason.

So why are you putting them forth as consumers having a choice? Technically yeah but realistically...nah.

You said you could find 10. You didnt. Were you wrong?

He's spot on accurate. Net Neutrality gives the FCC the power to regulate new products and services on the internet. This means that starting anything new will be prohibitively expensive, and the Big Tech Crony Oligarch will have regulatory capture of the FCC.

No it doesnt, you couldnt find one thing to support the bolded unless you link to someones musings on what could happen

No it doesnt, you couldnt find one thing to support the bolded unless you link to someones musings on what could happen

Clearly, understanding the way regulatory bureaucracies function to protect big players from competition eludes you as much as the proper use of an apostrophe.

And riddle me this: the Post Office charges more for overnight delivery than regular mail. Why are they allowed to "discriminate"?

So why are you putting them forth as consumers having a choice? Technically yeah but realistically...nah.

You said you could find 10. You didnt. Were you wrong?

Even in your backwoods area, you have five local providers - 4 of them top notch rated.

You have a choice.

Next the complaint will be cost and from there we'll loop back to choices. Bottom line, is that turning ISP into Title II is only going to be effective in butt fucking the internet to death. It wont be long before new technology comes along and we're doing it different again, and there is no reason to have government agencies step in and slow that process (potentially to a halt) by creating a bottleneck to an already shitty industry for competition. We're better off keeping government out of the equation. That's always true in commerce when it comes to these types of "regulation". They will fuck WAY mor up than they will fix or help, yet we never seem to learn anymore.

Clearly, understanding the way regulatory bureaucracies function to protect big players from competition eludes you as much as the proper use of an apostrophe.

All you had to say was "You're right"

All you had to say was "You're right"

Sorry, bub. I'm not going to lie to you just to spare your poor fragile ego.

Forum List

Back