A day in the life of Net Neutrality

And right now the FCC is leaning toward Title II. They claim a stripped down version of title II, but that's always the type of lip service we get from some govt. agency when they plan to butt fuck the life out of something, including consumers. It's also been noted that an additional tax would come into play almost immediately under what Obama is encouraging.

It's like we don't see the forest fro the trees here anymore.

Link

ED FEULNER A backdoor tax on the Internet - Washington Times

I didnt see many links there but you know the beauty of this. If people dont like it we have a chance to change it. With Comcast (voted the US WORST COMPANY) you wont. Technically you "can" change it as long as you dont allow probability to factor in

You wake up early, you pick up your iPhone and check your VZ-Connect page, you got 7 VZ-Likes on the cat video you posted, you would have gotten more, but an FCC censor found it objectionable and removed it. Not for the first time, you find yourself yearning for the days of Facebook. But after Verizon was named the exclusive backbone carrier by the FCC, weeks after President Obama issued the Executive Order making the internet a Title II utility. Facebook held on for awhile, but the FCC revoked their netcasting license after repeated violations of the net neutrality seditious content rules. Verizon quickly replaced Facebook with VZ-Connect, which was monitored by FCC content custodians.

You need to send Aunt Martha a thank you note for the sweater she sent you for your birthday. So you log on to VZ-Banking to check your balance. Aunt Martha is half a country away and the long distance charges for an email to her will be in the hundreds of dollars. Your balance is low, but you keep the message down to just a few words to keep the costs down.

A pile of mail is in the corner and you dread your Verizon bill. Opening it you see the usual $200 base charge, along with TTY charges, Baseline services taxes to provide internet to families on assistance. The netuse tax has gone up again, now $73.42 for a month. The tax is needed to pay the FCC regulators. But what you really dread are the long distance charges, email in the same zip code is still free, but a per mile charge for email outside of the zip code adds up quickly.

You are tempted to log on to VZ-Chatter and post a complaint, but last time you complained about your Verizon bill you got a stern letter from an FCC guardian advising you that such complaints have no place on the internet.

On the bright side, hand written letters through postal mail have made a resurgence.
If Obama or the FCC did anything like in your scenario then it would not be net neutrality. I wouldn't put it past corporate cronies in the FCC to due something bad under the title of "net neutrality" taking advantage of the public's confusion about the subject.

Everything Democrats name is basically a misnomer anyway.

The scare tactics are horrible on this one too. People are actually bleating that if the government doesn't take action the internet will turn into mad max n shit.

It's pathetic.

Thats what Verizon sued to do.

I mean shit, who made Verizon sue?

And right now the FCC is leaning toward Title II. They claim a stripped down version of title II, but that's always the type of lip service we get from some govt. agency when they plan to butt fuck the life out of something, including consumers. It's also been noted that an additional tax would come into play almost immediately under what Obama is encouraging.

Link

I didnt see many links there but you know the beauty of this. If people dont like it we have a chance to change it. With Comcast (voted the US WORST COMPANY) you wont. Technically you "can" change it as long as you dont allow probability to factor in

Under title II there are additional fees that providers must pay to the state. That burden will be, as it always is, passed to consumers. It's a tax. I don't really have any clue what you're carrying on about regarding comcast in this context, but N.N isn't an answer to whatever problem you have with comcast in your area.

The scare tactics are horrible on this one too. People are actually bleating that if the government doesn't take action the internet will turn into mad max n shit.

It's pathetic.

Verizon sued to turn the internet into mad max?

:lmao:

I think you need remediation on this subject, fella.

Link

Under title II there are additional fees that providers must pay to the state. That burden will be, as it always is, passed to consumers. It's a tax. I don't really have any clue what you're carrying on about regarding comcast in this context, but N.N isn't an answer to whatever problem you have with comcast in your area.

DailyTech - Comcast Voted Worst Company in America for 2014

They beat Monsanto which can kill you....they beat out Bank of America which can make you homeless, that says a lot

It's pathetic.

Yes to make the internet the 80's movie complete with Mel Gibson....Sure

Verizon sued to overturn the Federal Communications Commission's 2010 Open Internet Order, forcing the FCC to try again. The commission tentatively approved rules in May that would prevent Internet service providers from blocking or degrading traffic from third-party Web services while allowing "fast lane" deals in which companies could pay for faster access to consumers.

Verizon ISPs will sue unless government adopts weaker net neutrality rules Ars Technica

Now that you see this is the equivilent of Mad Max (or insert your own movie) you'll say this is a good idea simply by Verizon doing so

Link

They beat Monsanto which can kill you....they beat out Bank of America which can make you homeless, that says a lot

And it has nothing to do with the context being discussed earlier about additional taxation. It also doesn't really have much to do with N.N either.

But ok, cool link, bro.

It's pathetic.

Verizon sued to overturn the Federal Communications Commission's 2010 Open Internet Order, forcing the FCC to try again. The commission tentatively approved rules in May that would prevent Internet service providers from blocking or degrading traffic from third-party Web services while allowing "fast lane" deals in which companies could pay for faster access to consumers.

Verizon ISPs will sue unless government adopts weaker net neutrality rules Ars Technica

Now that you see this is the equivilent of Mad Max (or insert your own movie) you'll say this is a good idea simply by Verizon doing so

OK, I'm going to leave you to it. You're either ripped or whack and I am not going to be able to keep up with "that'.You're not making any sense here at all.

And it has nothing to do with the context being discussed earlier about additional taxation. It also doesn't really have much to do with N.N either.

But ok, cool link, bro.

Sorry, you said you didnt know about this. My bad

you do realize that there was no fcc mandated monopoly of the bell system, right?

Ah, more truthiness from our Bolshevik contingent...

{"It's always difficult to determine what kind of innovation wouldn't have occurred if AT&T had remained a monopoly, but I don't think the Internet would have progressed to where it is today without the breakup," says Gartner analyst Alex Winogradoff. "I think the Web might still be used primarily as an educational device as opposed to being a commercial network. And the development of the mobile environment would also not be as advanced today without the AT&T breakup."}

Do You Miss the AT T Monopoly PCWorld

{In 1934, the power to regulate the telephone industry under the ICC was transferred to the new Federal Communications Commission. Enacted by the Roosevelt Revolution during the Great Depression, the Communications Act of 1934 created the FCC “for the purpose of regulating interstate and foreign commerce in communication by wire and radio so as to make available, so far as possible, to all the people of the United States a rapid, efficient, nation-wide, and world-wide wire and radio communication service with adequate facilities at reasonable charges.” In other words, according to Thierer, “every American was henceforth found to be entitled to the right to telephone service, specifically cheap telephone service.” The FCC’s powers included the power to regulate rates and restrict entry by competitors, all in the name of preventing “wasteful duplication” and “unneeded competition.” }

The Breakup of Ma Bell

Excellent article that is copy suppressed at; http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/serials/files/cato-journal/1994/11/cj14n2-6.pdf

It's pathetic.

OK, I'm going to leave you to it. You're either ripped or whack and I am not going to be able to keep up with "that'.You're not making any sense here at all.

Too many words?

I have two.
Comcast which gives me cable internet and the dish which gives me dial up at the best case.

PM me your zip code and I will find you 10 more withing 10 minutes.

The reality is comcast owns this section of the world and thats just the way it is.
Take New york city. Certain buildings have contracts with certain companies to only support certain providers.
And no moving is not an option. Thats the lazy answer.

When i can move, im looking for google fiber, and saying goodbye to these assholes.

Again, you are a leftist and look at things from the perspective of gains for your party - reality is vastly different than the fantasy you live in. Comcast may be the only backbone provider in your area - but there are many ISP's.

Sometimes I seriously think that if Obama came out against suicide, RWNJs like Eunuch2008 would immediately kill themselves.

I know that if Obama raped and murdered a small boy on national TV - you would praise him and scream what a noble act it was.

I seriously doubt you could successfully plug an RJ45 into a NIC. That you have any actual knowledge of the subject at hand isn't even a consideration - you are but a drone, the party defines what you post here - you don't think.

I have two.
Comcast which gives me cable internet and the dish which gives me dial up at the best case.

PM me your zip code and I will find you 10 more withing 10 minutes.

The reality is comcast owns this section of the world and thats just the way it is.
Take New york city. Certain buildings have contracts with certain companies to only support certain providers.
And no moving is not an option. Thats the lazy answer.

When i can move, im looking for google fiber, and saying goodbye to these assholes.

Again, you are a leftist and look at things from the perspective of gains for your party - reality is vastly different than the fantasy you live in. Comcast may be the only backbone provider in your area - but there are many ISP's.

Do Owings Mills, MD 21117

If Obama or the FCC did anything like in your scenario then it would not be net neutrality. I wouldn't put it past corporate cronies in the FCC to due something bad under the title of "net neutrality" taking advantage of the public's confusion about the subject.

It's exactly what FDR and the FCC did with the telephone system, granting AT&T an absolute monopoly "for the good of the people." Western Union was prohibited from sending voice over their lines. This was done under Title II of the 1934 Telecommunications act.

Oh, did you know what "net neutrality" actually does? It places the Internet under Title II of the 1934 Telecommunications act.

Did your rulers fail to tell you that, or were you just too stupid to grasp what it means? In fact they DID tell you:

{
On Monday, President Obama announced his support for the strongest possible rules to implement Net Neutrality--aggressive regulation of internet service providers through Title II of the Communications Act of 1934.

The president’s appeal to the FCC mentioned principles like “openness, fairness, and freedom” in his argument for greater government control to ensure equal Internet access for everyone. Abandoning these principles of Net Neutrality, he said, “would threaten to end the Internet as we know it.” }

Obama couldn t be more wrong on Title II TheHill

Forum List

Back