🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Day without...Men?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
You would never hear about it, read about it, or see news about it.

Because every newspaper, radio station, television station, public utility, trucking company, retail store, manufacturing facility, police department, fire department, water or wastewater treatment plant, government agency, institution of higher learning, and the United States military would be brought to its figurative knees, unable to operate.

Just sayin'.

That's why women are still agitating. Just so you know.
(And there are plenty of women in a lot of those businesses and organizations you mentioned. If you've never seen a female reporter or trucker or CEO, female professor, Dean or President of a university, or female officer or soldier, you're living in lala land.)

(And there are plenty of women in a lot of those businesses and organizations you mentioned. If you've never seen a female reporter or trucker or CEO, female professor, Dean or President of a university, or female officer or soldier, you're living in lala land.)

Lala land The one that won best picture or the one that didn't?

No race or sex is better than another. If you feel under appreciated or paid find a different place. Claiming you're better is a lie.

Because alot of men have jobs?

The day without women is going to be an epic fail. It's really for elite women who can afford to take the day off without any consequences. Most working women aren't going to hurt their families by going without pay today.

I suspect it will be just as big a success as the boycott of Ivanka's clothing line.

Ivanka Trump clothing line reports record sales

No race or sex is better than another. If you feel under appreciated or paid find a different place. Claiming you're better is a lie.
Claiming you're better is a lie.
That's what was bothering me about the OP. I've always been in fields primarily occupied by women, so I've never felt frustrated about that. The men that can't let women walk beside them instead of behind them are the ones that frustrate me.

Because women, 52% of the population, are still under-represented in many occupations. It's gotten a lot better, but OP's attitude is exactly the problem.

Because women, 52% of the population, are still under-represented in many occupations. It's gotten a lot better, but OP's attitude is exactly the problem.
Women compromise 47% of the labor force. If they lack in a "occupation" its probably their fault.
I literally have no idea what the "day without women" is about anyways. Are you guys suppressed or something? Cant vote? Are you getting stoned for being raped? Whats going on? I feel like I should know about this.

Claiming you're better is a lie.
That's what was bothering me about the OP. I've always been in fields primarily occupied by women, so I've never felt frustrated about that. The men that can't let women walk beside them instead of behind them are the ones that frustrate me.

As it should. People are not equal, it is the complimentary nature that makes us supportive, interesting, social and appreciative.

Women compromise 47% of the labor force. If they lack in a "occupation" its probably their fault.
I literally have no idea what the "day without women" is about anyways. Are you guys suppressed or something? Cant vote? Are you getting stoned for being raped? Whats going on? I feel like I should know about this.
I think it's a poorly thought out "strike" and I don't know anyone who is involved. However, I BELIEVE that's the point. It's probably our fault if we're under represented in an occupation? I remember when I went to Community College in 1975, there were two one-year certificate programs. That's all I could afford at the time and I needed to learn a trade quick. They offered auto mechanic and secretarial. I wanted to take auto mechanic (I figured it would save me millions to be able to do some of the work on my own car, too). I was roundly told that I would NEVER be hired as an auto mechanic, EVER. End of story. So I bought a pair of polyester pants and learned to type.

I think it's a poorly thought out "strike" and I don't know anyone who is involved. However, I BELIEVE that's the point. It's probably our fault if we're under represented in an occupation? I remember when I went to Community College in 1975, there were two one-year certificate programs. That's all I could afford at the time and I needed to learn a trade quick. They offered auto mechanic and secretarial. I wanted to take auto mechanic (I figured it would save me millions to be able to do some of the work on my own car, too). I was roundly told that I would NEVER be hired as an auto mechanic, EVER. End of story. So I bought a pair of polyester pants and learned to type.

While I understand that's the way it used to be, this is 2017.

Because every newspaper, radio station, television station, public utility, trucking company, retail store, manufacturing facility, police department, fire department, water or wastewater treatment plant, government agency, institution of higher learning, and the United States military would be brought to its figurative knees, unable to operate.

Just sayin'.

Civilization would collapse as police, firefighters and soldiers would allow the monsters to run loose......

We've come a long way, but those attitudes haven't died. See OP. See you.

We've come a long way, but those attitudes haven't died. See OP. See you.
Where are you going? Take me with you.

Just sayin'.

No, men would never throw children under the bus by cancelling school to try and make a political point that they don't like Trump

Forum List

Back