A delivery drivers day working in the inner city hoods of St. Louis

I totally hear what youā€™re saying and I think that weā€™re seeing tip jars at places like Panera bread because of the Joe Biden inflation.

I see those tip jars in mom and pop restaurants as well. I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything wrong with putting a dollar in there or even $.50 but thatā€™s completely up to the customer and thatā€™s totally different compared to tipping a waiter or waitress who gets below minimum wage or a DoorDash or Uber or taxi driver, who relies on tips for works

For many delivery workers they just want to be treated with respect. Itā€™s not about getting some huge tip. Itā€™s just about getting a basic tip even if itā€™s two bucks.
Itā€™s actually not the tip jars I mind, itā€™s the prompted tip on the card reader where you have to select no tipā€¦.15% tipā€¦..18% tipā€¦..20% tip. It requires an ACTIVE action to withhold a tip, right while the cashier is standing there.

The delivery drivers are different. I usually average around 20 - 25% for a tip.

As expected numerous left wingers mamooth Arlette are not responding to the subject matter.

Fellow Democrats we have to stand up for our working class Americans in this country. Hell back even in the 1990 It wouldā€™ve been unthinkable that Democrats would blame the worker.
Your topic is always the same. Them damn darkies don't live up to your expectations. And they scare you. And somebody better do something about it. And you liked the 50s best.

Anyone who has something I'm going to eat with them alone in their car as they bring it to me is going to get a huge tip... people have long memories when it comes to compensation....
The Pizza guy that brings me my pizza loves me because I tip big... and my pizza is always hot and perfect...
yep. People forget the NUMBER ONE rule when it comes to food.

NEVER piss off the people handling your food

Itā€™s actually not the tip jars I mind, itā€™s the prompted tip on the card reader where you have to select no tipā€¦.15% tipā€¦..18% tipā€¦..20% tip. It requires an ACTIVE action to withhold a tip, right while the cashier is standing there.

The delivery drivers are different. I usually average around 20 - 25% for a tip.
Wow, thatā€™s really interesting. I donā€™t eat out much but Iā€™m surprised Panera Bread is doing that. .. thatā€™s kind of a turn off for the customer

Part of the problem is the huge fees that Door Dash and other venues are charging, but yeah, if someone else is going through the trouble to pick up and deliver your food to you because your ass is too lazy to get off the sofa and do it yourself the least you can do is throw the guy $5.
Many delivery drivers are happy with a two dollar tip on an order that cost 20 or 30 bucks. Also to your point itā€™s not just the Door Dash fees its the Joe Biden inflation. Inflation being at a 50 year highā€¦ people spending $15 on a breakfast sandwich before tip or DoorDash fees is a problem.

They are not going through any trouble. It's their job and they should get payed a living wage. It's stupid to work for tips

What people with your point of view don't seem to understand is you will pay for it either way. If they pay a "living wage" (and I have yet to have a single person tell me how much that is) the price of everything you're buying is going to go up. The owners aren't simply going to eat the cost, so you can pay it in the price or you can pay it in the tip. At least with tipping you can get away with paying less for bad service.

Furthermore, most people in the service industry will tell you they'd rather work for tips than a flat wage. They earn more money by and large through tipping. Joe's Crab Shack switched all of their servers over to a $15 an hour wage a few years back. After a year they went back to tips because the employees weren't happy with what they were making and the quality of service also went down because the servers knew they were getting paid the same no matter how much or how little attention they gave to their customers.

Ever been to Europe? I travel there extensively. Tipping is not common over there, at least not like here. Restaurant servers get paid a much higher wage with very few tips and the service in restaurants there is not even close to what you get here in the states. Tipping does have its merits.

Last edited:
Tipping is a stupid, annoying little performance. Charge customers what something costs, pay your workers a fair wage, and leave me out of your labor negotiations. It has been my experience that where there is no tipping customer service is much better.

Tipping is a stupid, annoying little performance. Charge customers what something costs, pay your workers a fair wage, and leave me out of your labor negotiations. It has been my experience that where there is no tipping customer service is much better.

I'm guessing you've actually spent time outside the United States, then. lol

'Merikuh should be renamed The United People's Democratic Republic of Tipping.

You think that tipping is stupid. Then youā€™re not a part of America. tipping is an integral part of this country when it comes to the service industry. Clearly you are an immigrant or something from a country like Japan or Germany or somewhere in Europe that doesnā€™t tip. Thatā€™s not how things work in this country. Or youā€™re just one of the most uninformed people around if you were actually born in this country

But itā€™s par for the course for you lying about people , personally attacking them hitting that fake news or disagree button on an issue that affects the middle classā€¦ what are you doing man?. I hope you could be a better person and stop making things up about other posters. And actually respond to the subject matter.

What people with your point of view don't seem to understand is you will pay for it either way. If they pay a "living wage" (and I have yet to have a single person tell me how much that is) the price of everything you're buying it going to go up. The owners aren't simply going to eat the cost, so you can pay it in the price or you can pay it in the tip. At least with tipping you can get away with paying less for bad service.

Furthermore, most people in the service industry will tell you they'd rather work for tips than a flat wage. They earn more money by and large through tipping. Joe's Crab Shack switched all of their servers over to a $15 an hour wage a few years back. After a year they went back to tips because the employees weren't happy with what they were making and the quality of service also went down because the servers knew they were getting paid the same no matter how much or how little attention they gave to their customers.

Ever been Europe? I travel there extensively. Tipping is not common over there, at least not like here. Restaurant servers get paid a much higher wage with very few tips and the service in restaurants there is not even close to what you get here in the states. Tipping does have its merits.
Tipping is optional. Some tip good and some just don't. It's understood when you take a job like that.

Yes, I have been to Europe. Germany and Romania, to the REAL Dracula castle. I was satisfied with the service I received.

What people with your point of view don't seem to understand is you will pay for it either way. If they pay a "living wage" (and I have yet to have a single person tell me how much that is) the price of everything you're buying is going to go up. The owners aren't simply going to eat the cost, so you can pay it in the price or you can pay it in the tip. At least with tipping you can get away with paying less for bad service.

Ever been Europe? I travel there extensively. Tipping is not common over there, at least not like here. Restaurant servers get paid a much higher wage with very few tips and the service in restaurants there is not even close to what you get here in the states. Tipping does have its merits.
Arlette

Whatā€™s wrong with you my friend? Why are you hitting that disagreed button? What is there to disagree with. Either you understand America or you donā€™t. Tipping is an integral part of the lives of waiters and waitresses in this country thatā€™s just how things have worked in this country for years on end.

Oh, you mean like EXACTLY WHAT I DID?
Not really. Thereā€™s a ton left to be discussed and youā€™re not responding to it. I doubt you actually watched the video in original post but maybe surprise me did you watch the video of the original post or at least watch a minute of it?

Keep on hitting that disagreed button or fake news buttonā€¦Iā€™ve never done that to you. Keep on doing it man It just makes you look bad. I hope you have a better day and be a more polite person.

Tipping is optional. Some tip good and some just don't. It's understood when you take a job like that.

Yes, I have been to Europe. Germany and Romania, to the REAL Dracula castle. I was satisfied with the service I received.

I'm not saying the service over there is bad; it's just not the same. In general, they are nowhere near as attentive to your table as you would experience at a restaurant here in the U.S. In the U.S. we're used to them coming by the table every few minutes to see if you need something. In Europe, once your food is delivered you're kind of on your own. If you need something you usually have to flag them down.

Forum List

Back