A Glimmer of Common Sense In Louisiana?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Could this be a prediction of more enlightened times in Louisiana? I hope so, but don't this that's the case. I'm sure this bill will be reintroduced at a later date...either in Louisiana or another state occupied by lots of crazies, like Texas.

Rep. Thomas Carmody, R-Shreveport, scrapped his proposal to make the Holy Bible the official state book before it could go to a full vote of the state House of Representatives Monday evening. The bill had become a distraction, he said.

In introducing the legislation, Carmody always maintained he was not taking steps to establish a state religion, but rather to educate people. Critics have accused him of foisting faith inappropriately into the government sphere. Others thought such a designation would trivialize the Bible and its importance.

btw...the bill was later amended by the legislature to all versions of the Bible, essentially making Christianity the state religion.

Eh-- Christianity, specifically Catholicism, is already the state religion in Sleaziana, book or no book, Constitution or no Constitution.

When I first moved there it took me three months to get a driver's license, due to the various red tape and Keystone Kops systems sending me to one dead end after another. One of those dead ends was showing up at the DMV to get things done only to find a sign on the door that the office was closed --- because it was Good Friday. :banghead:

I swear to Marie Laveau I am not making that up.

Eh-- Christianity, specifically Catholicism, is already the state religion in Sleaziana, book or no book, Constitution or no Constitution.

When I first moved there it took me three months to get a driver's license, due to the various red tape and Keystone Kops systems sending me to one dead end after another. One of those dead ends was showing up at the DMV to get things done only to find a sign on the door that the office was closed --- because it was Good Friday. :banghead:

I swear to Marie Laveau I am not making that up.

The Catholic Church has deep pockets.

Eh-- Christianity, specifically Catholicism, is already the state religion in Sleaziana [sic], book or no book, Constitution or no Constitution.

YOU declaring "Constitution or no Constitution" is really not how it works, genius. By the way, if you feel compelled to denigrate one of the states in my Union you can go fuck yourself any time.

:fu:

Could this be a prediction of more enlightened times in Louisiana? I hope so, but don't this that's the case. I'm sure this bill will be reintroduced at a later date...either in Louisiana or another state occupied by lots of crazies, like Texas.

Rep. Thomas Carmody, R-Shreveport, scrapped his proposal to make the Holy Bible the official state book before it could go to a full vote of the state House of Representatives Monday evening. The bill had become a distraction, he said.

In introducing the legislation, Carmody always maintained he was not taking steps to establish a state religion, but rather to educate people. Critics have accused him of foisting faith inappropriately into the government sphere. Others thought such a designation would trivialize the Bible and its importance.

btw...the bill was later amended by the legislature to all versions of the Bible, essentially making Christianity the state religion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh-- Christianity, specifically Catholicism, is already the state religion in Sleaziana [sic], book or no book, Constitution or no Constitution.

YOU declaring "Constitution or no Constitution" is really not how it works, genius. By the way, if you feel compelled to denigrate one of the states in my Union you can go fuck yourself any time.

Uh..... "your" union? :rofl:
How much did they charge you for it? Because I could have got it cheaper. I know people. ;)

The difference is, I actually lived there, Elmo. Why I even got my own driver's license after three months of waiting for Good Friday and other bureaucratic pratfalls. You on the other hand name yourself after a synonym for Santorum.

How much did they charge you for it? Because I could have got it cheaper. I know people. ;)

The difference is, I actually lived there, Elmo. Why I even got my own driver's license after three months of waiting for Good Friday and other bureaucratic pratfalls. You on the other hand name yourself after a synonym for Santorum.

I too have lived in LA. Never had an issue with getting a DL. I did however have an issue when using my LA license to get a license in another state. Instead of issuing a new license, LA gives you a sticker to stick to the license stating a new date of expiration. My new state said, " No way are we believing this sticker, get in line for new license".

That was the only issue I had with LA, which I agree was a stupid way to update an expired license.

Uh..... "your" union?

Mine. I value and appreciate every state in it.

Why I even got my own driver's license after three months of waiting for Good Friday and other bureaucratic pratfalls. ...

Christmas Day is a federal holiday. Does that mean that Christianity is the 'official' national religion of the United States?

Nobody asked for your opinion on the matter you stupid fucking bitch.

CaféAuLait;8999669 said:

I too have lived in LA. Never had an issue with getting a DL. I did however have an issue when using my LA license to get a license in another state. Instead of issuing a new license, LA gives you a sticker to stick to the license stating a new date of expiration. My new state said, " No way are we believing this sticker, get in line for new license".

That was the only issue I had with LA, which I agree was a stupid way to update an expired license.

Sleaziana driver's license stories -- couple of other things they do: in N'awlins at least, if you get a traffic citation, they steal your license and tell you to drive on the citation. And they don't do it any more but when I moved there they were actually printing your social security number right on the license. I always painted mine over. And when that was dry I'd run the magnetic strip through my trusty bulk tape eraser.

Part of the reason mine took three months to acquire was that you have to be a resident for 30 days before you can apply for one -- while those 30 days were going by my current license expired, which sets up all kinds of new and exotic paperwork. Of course getting someone on the phone at DMV was impossible, and when I went out to the office to get in the line that curled around the block, I could see why: a wall phone ringing constantly that everybody ignored until somebody would lift the receiver and hang it up to make it stop ringing.

And that's why it's important to make the bible the "state book". Because such is the level of literacy in the state of Sleaziana.

Yes, seeking to violate the First Amendment could be correctly perceive as a distraction.

What’s sad to consider, however, is that such an inane, clearly un-Constitutional measure would be proposed in the first place – but such is the bane that is the social right.

Nobody ever does but it's never stopped him, has it?

83438d1312774143-casey-anthony-surfaces-ohio-troll.jpg

CaféAuLait;8999669 said:

Sleaziana driver's license stories -- couple of other things they do: in N'awlins at least, if you get a traffic citation, they steal your license and tell you to drive on the citation. And they don't do it any more but when I moved there they were actually printing your social security number right on the license. I always painted mine over. And when that was dry I'd run the magnetic strip through my trusty bulk tape eraser.

Part of the reason mine took three months to acquire was that you have to be a resident for 30 days before you can apply for one -- while those 30 days were going by my current license expired, which sets up all kinds of new and exotic paperwork. Of course getting someone on the phone at DMV was impossible, and when I went out to the office to get in the line that curled around the block, I could see why: a wall phone ringing constantly that everybody ignored until somebody would lift the receiver and hang it up to make it stop ringing.

And that's why it's important to make the bible the "state book". Because such is the level of literacy in the state of Sleaziana.

lol that sounds like KY. In fact that was the place which said they would not take my DL from LA. I called LA and they faxed that my DL was legit to KY. KY "lost" the fax several times and then stated they would not take it anyway. Whatever! They then demanded all the "exotic" paperwork you speak of above. They were idiots. Not to mention when i finally finished the process 10 days later, i was taking the eye-exam- last thing they do before they print your license- I failed, that was the last straw ( even though that was not their fault) I lost it, took weeks to get my license from KY.

We all know that every cop in Lousyana is bent. Katrina was a good indication of that. IQ's drop the second you cross into that state.

I have to tell you my New Orleans auto registration story. I sold my used Park Avenue to a guy on Craig's list. don't remember his name, and never got his address. Unfortunately for him, I forgot to have my signature notarized on the transfer of title, which means, as far as N.O. is concerned, I still own the car. Unfortunately for me, I also forgot to take the tag off. You guessed it. It wasn't long before the traffic tickets started arriving in the mail. Soon, they were up to $600. I noticed that he always got them on weekends in the gay section of the French Quarter. One weekend, I drove up there with a screw driver, and sure enough, there is my old Park Avenue on Bourbon Street. I got out of my car, pried the plate off, and got back in my car and drove away. Of course, now, this guy is not able to buy a plate, since he can not prove he owns the car, and he is not going to come see me, because he knows that I have $600 of parking tickets that he owes...nor can he sell the car, because he has no title. I moved to AZ a couple of months later, and New Orleans has finally given up on collecting the parking tickets, and my credit score is still near perfect. Good luck to the SOB!

Thanks for popping in, psycho. Those meds should start kicking in any time now...

We all know that every cop in Lousyana [sic] is bent. Katrina was a good indication of that. IQ's drop the second you cross into that state.

Wow, you'd better stay out of that state then. That would put you into double-digit negative numbers!

Forum List

Back